2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Mod to have transmission start in 2nd?

04-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
robg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Mod to have transmission start in 2nd?

My 2014 528 starts in 1st (and downshifts to 1st at around 5mph) no matter what mode or how I drive. It drives me nuts in stop and go traffic for a bunch of reasons.

My recollection is that the 550 doesn't do this (atleast in comfort mode), so I tried coding the EGS and ICM modules to think it had the N63. Didn't do anything (realize it was a long shot).

I realize this is the opposite of what most of you probably want, but any thoughts on how I could make the transmission start in 2nd, maybe some 3rd party transmssion tune that can be customized or maybe even do it via coding. I could tolerate it somewhat if it atleast waited for a complete stop to do this, but it downshits at 5mp which is the absolute worst. It's really the only part of the car I don't like.
Appreciate 0