2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum What do you guys think about this steering wheel?

03-14-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

What do you guys think about this steering wheel?

So I came across this from S. Korea. I asked if it'll fit a M-sport/Sport setup and they said 'I think so'....which is kind of iffy. It's pretty cheap for what it is. Is there a way to tell if this is indeed for M-sport? I punched in the numbers in the pics and came across nothing. Also, the pic of the rear side is strange because I don't see a hole at the bottom to insert your screwdriver to move the attachment clips.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262332543734...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

I don't believe this wheel came from an M Sport. In the photo, the one number does indicate the VIN of the car, which in this case is C655554. You can check the options out at bmwvin.com as I did if you would like to see for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 09:40 PM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

The only thing I don't like from an aesthetics view is the wrinkles in the perforated leather. ndinh... just pay an extra $250 for the Ledermanz... at least it's OEM. I can't confirm the one you posted tho?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:28 AM   #4
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys. Knew I can count on forum members for answers. I should've learned by now, whenever I try to save money, I always end up spending more down the line.
Appreciate 3
      03-15-2016, 01:13 AM   #5
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Thanks guys. Knew I can count on forum members for answers. I should've learned by now, whenever I try to save money, I always end up spending more down the line.
that makes two of us cause i try to save money too but damn...doing $hit for the BMW regardless is money!! i'm still trying to figure out how the hell i'm going to tell the wife i still need the Msport skirts and carbon extensions LOL i still haven't done anything performance wise except the exhaust sooooo haha
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #6
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
that makes two of us cause i try to save money too but damn...doing $hit for the BMW regardless is money!! i'm still trying to figure out how the hell i'm going to tell the wife i still need the Msport skirts and carbon extensions LOL i still haven't done anything performance wise except the exhaust sooooo haha
Dude, you're throwing money at that car like it's a stripper at Spearmint Rhino. That exhaust alone was a huge buy. Just the skirts alone are cheap though. Funny how my other hobbies costs in the hundreds and when you talk about bimmers, you're talking thousands like it's nothing. I'm in the same boat with the wife + we have a 1.5 yr old so I got to slow it down on the modding.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Haha! I think because I'll tell her how much it would be brand new but tell her what a deal I found and she's like go for it! Back in our import days we both had show cars so she understands it cost money when your car is your hobby.
Appreciate 0