2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Little Advise for my 535i from the 5post fam

11-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Cpluse2
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010 535i

Little Advise for my 535i from the 5post fam

Hello everyone, I’ve been trying to read as much as possible on the forums . Even thou most the subject here is F10 or higher. I just bought a 2010 535i(E60). But here it seems there more updated stuff to look up.

1. I’m about to get my breaks done. First time maintenance taking to BMW dealer. The car is still covered under maintenance warranty. But the breaks are squeaking. I was thinking of get better break pad until I save up for a Brembo break system. I wanting better handling also but I figured I start at the breaks and work my way up. I want better handling more then speed at this time. Also reading about getting better Suspension System. Dinan looks nice so I don’t lose my DST control.

2. It looks like it was lowered already. But I can’t see under the car. I going to take to a indie shop so I can get full run down if anything was upgraded all ready.

In short im asking is it worth paying the higher prince for breaks or get squeaky break fix with OEM until I can get a Bremo system. And need some advice on some good Suspension System. I also really like the Remus Street Race 535i Exhaust, I like the low rumble. All this is so much to read and so much fun learning.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cpluse2; 11-09-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Remus is nice, but its only an axle back. On my e60 535 I had an OE flash tune and a magnaflow exhaust. The magnaflow exhaust is a catback exhaust with some nice tone and little drone.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Cpluse2
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Remus is nice, but its only an axle back. On my e60 535 I had an OE flash tune and a magnaflow exhaust. The magnaflow exhaust is a catback exhaust with some nice tone and little drone.
Since I'm new to all this. Im going to ask so i dont assume.

Since the Remus is axle back, what the + or -.

I'm assuming im going ot lose power. Also the OE flash is that the Dinan flash?

I not really a racer, i more in to the low growl. Not to loud like speed race but with a little bit of mussle.

I been reading about flashes but with that extra speed i really need to make sure my break are right...

Also any audio clip?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpluse2 View Post
Since I'm new to all this. Im going to ask so i dont assume.

Since the Remus is axle back, what the + or -.

I'm assuming im going ot lose power. Also the OE flash is that the Dinan flash?

I not really a racer, i more in to the low growl. Not to loud like speed race but with a little bit of mussle.

I been reading about flashes but with that extra speed i really need to make sure my break are right...

Also any audio clip?
With thee e60 535, the exhaust on that car is a little restricted since its mostly a smaller single pipe most of the exhaust, so going with the magnaflow catback exhaust give your car as close to a true dual as you can get. With a nice deep tone, unfortunately I do not have any clips but there may be a couple on youtube floating around. The remus exhaust I think is just an axleback which is basically just like replacing your mufflers, so its not doing too much but chaning some tone.
As far as the OE flash, it is not Dinan, Dinan is on th conservtive side. OE is a different tuning company. But there are many options for you with the N54, you can go Burger(JB4), Vishnu, Cobb just to name a few others. They will let your car release its raw potential.
With the N54 engine you have so much more you can do like downpipes, a FMIC replacement and meth. To be honest, the BMW brakes worked just fine for me, and I was pushing around close to 400hp in my E60 535.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Cpluse2
United_States
Rep

Thank you for all this info. Going to do some research as we speak so i cant learn more and see what I'm able to do. Thank again , i be back i know with more questions.

Last edited by Cpluse2; 11-10-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Cpluse2
United_States
Rep

Ok I'm back..

I found a couple of youtube videos (magnaflow catback exhaust). Yes this is what I'm looking for , low rumble but great sound at take off. But i am not able to find the 2010 e60 353i model on there website. Look like they have to dual exhaust, i have the two single sided one. Do they not sell these any more or do I have to order from another 3rd party do you recommend any?

Wow I'm lovin the OE tuning but it looks like i have to be in Cali to get it tune the correct way. The other good choose or only reliable chose is the N54(JB4). Just not sure how it will effect my warranty also, wanting to add these http://www.burgertuning.com/white_dcintake.html

Again researching warranty issues.

Correct me if im wrong but with adding the down pipe with the magnaflow it will the car better tuned and more complete. Remember still will not race this on track but still want the power when needed. Im not sure what the FMIC is really for tried to read a little but not 100% wrapping my head about the true gain. Meth is way past my limit.

Good to hear about the break. Do you every change you suspension or cross bar for better control?

Thank again for all your help and being detail for this rookie. YOu didn't have to take the time, but grateful you are. cya.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpluse2 View Post
Ok I'm back..

I found a couple of youtube videos (magnaflow catback exhaust). Yes this is what I'm looking for , low rumble but great sound at take off. But i am not able to find the 2010 e60 353i model on there website. Look like they have to dual exhaust, i have the two single sided one. Do they not sell these any more or do I have to order from another 3rd party do you recommend any?

Wow I'm lovin the OE tuning but it looks like i have to be in Cali to get it tune the correct way. The other good choose or only reliable chose is the N54(JB4). Just not sure how it will effect my warranty also, wanting to add these http://www.burgertuning.com/white_dcintake.html

Again researching warranty issues.

Correct me if im wrong but with adding the down pipe with the magnaflow it will the car better tuned and more complete. Remember still will not race this on track but still want the power when needed. Im not sure what the FMIC is really for tried to read a little but not 100% wrapping my head about the true gain. Meth is way past my limit.

Good to hear about the break. Do you every change you suspension or cross bar for better control?

Thank again for all your help and being detail for this rookie. YOu didn't have to take the time, but grateful you are. cya.
Got your message, but I can't respond. My e-mail is imskatan@gmail.com
I'm also local to Dallas so hit me up and I can help you out.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Cpluse2
United_States
Rep

Ok ty i replied thru email..
Appreciate 0