2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bavaudio Review

12-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #89
tree
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6

Got notice that mine have shipped today ! Cant wait to get them in.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 08:44 PM   #90
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Somebody do a YouTube video of how it sounds like and if you guys notice a difference in low frequencies as this is now a midbass driver and not a subwoofer.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #91
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Mine shipped as well! YES!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #92
cipher5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Somebody do a YouTube video of how it sounds like and if you guys notice a difference in low frequencies as this is now a midbass driver and not a subwoofer.
The factory ones are also a midbass driver
If the Bavsound ones were only subs, you'd miss the midbass range after the swap so it's better that they are both.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #93
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
The factory ones are also a midbass driver
If the Bavsound ones were only subs, you'd miss the midbass range after the swap so it's better that they are both.
I have the hifi so it sucks as is. Really hearing a midbass for what it should be is what I want and leaving the duties of the low frequencies for my dedicated subs in the back...that's what I mean. So I'm interested to hear the feedback from the people that had ordered it because I'm still amazed what people paid for the stage 1 and now these new subs that came out...$1300 average for stage1/subs and without an amp?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 12-15-2015 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 04:33 PM   #94
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

My subs came in today. They have 22 pair IN STOCK. They are $497 before any discounts.

The Ghost BMW Underseat Subwoofers are here. But not for long...

(Only 22 pair are left)
Plus, get $187 in free audio gear with your purchase - see below

Hi there,

Back in September / October we let you know about our upcoming Ghost Underseat Subwoofer Upgrades, and you guys and gals blew us away; we had to follow our initial purchase with our manufacturer with a second, much larger order.

Those first two purchase orders have arrived, and over the last couple of days we've shipped literally thousands of these woofers to the customers that purchased.

But in the meantime, you've continued buying them at breakneck speed, and we're almost out again.

We have just 22 pair of our all new Ghost Underseat Subwoofers left -- and we won't be getting more until late January. So, for those of you who've been waiting for stock before you ordered, now (like, TODAY, within the next few minutes) is the time to place your order; we're blasting through these incredibly quickly and we expect them to be gone within the next couple of hours, now that we've sent this e-mail!

(Oh, and one more thing -- we're offering $187 of free Bavsound gear with every order over $400 through 12/25. More details here, but if you want to take advantage of this offer, just enter code HAPPY2016 at checkout.)

Want to learn more about the incredible Ghost Underseat Subwoofer Upgrades? Read below or learn more right on our site.

Ready to Order? Here’s what to do:
Head to our purchase page and enter your vehicle details.

Click "Add to cart" and on the next page, add any other items you wish to purchase (hint, our Stage One is the perfect compliment!)

Check out normally -- that's it!

And to get $187 of free Bavsound gear with your order, just enter code HAPPY2016 at checkout.
How will I know if the subs are still in stock?
On the purchase page, you'll see in the summary something that says "Availability" and a date underneath. As long as the item is in stock, we'll show a date in the next couple of days (for example, Dec. 17th). If we've run out, you'll see "6-8 weeks."

Is my BMW compatible?

Just head to our purchase page and enter your vehicle information. We'll let you know automatically if your car is compatible. If it is, you can simply place your order. If not, add yourself to our waiting list and we'll let you know if and when we offer a system for your vehicle. Or, If you have questions about compatibility, simply reply to this e-mail and we'll get right back to you.

Ready to order? Click here to place your order.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 02:34 AM   #95
VC_BMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 528xi

Subs on the way

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I recently placed an order for Bav Subs. Hope they get here before Christmas. I am not sure why the tracking keeps saying it's on transit for almost 3 days now. Anyhow, please let me know what you guys suggest. I have a set of Focal 100KRS for my front doors without installing the cross over, Bav center speaker and Bav speakers behind the head rests. Any idea if I should go for Audiotech Fischer's amp by the Bimmertech?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #96
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

I have mine in hand as well. BUT, car is in shop for brake work! Sigh... Going to install this weekend and test with Sub CD. Will post pics
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #97
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC_BMW View Post
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I recently placed an order for Bav Subs. Hope they get here before Christmas. I am not sure why the tracking keeps saying it's on transit for almost 3 days now. Anyhow, please let me know what you guys suggest. I have a set of Focal 100KRS for my front doors without installing the cross over, Bav center speaker and Bav speakers behind the head rests. Any idea if I should go for Audiotech Fischer's amp by the Bimmertech?
Just verify that amp will work with your car. I asked Patryk at Bimmertech and it was not compatible with my F10
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #98
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Hi guys,

Do you have Hifi or HK?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #99
cipher5
United_States
Rep

I got my subs today! Will be installing this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #100
VC_BMW
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech
Quote:
Hi guys,

Do you have Hifi or HK?
Mine is hifi. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #101
VC_BMW
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick
Quote:
Hi guys,

Just verify that amp will work with your car. I asked Patryk at Bimmertech and it was not compatible with my F10
Thanks. I am only concerned that if my Focal will affect the frequency In using the amp.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #102
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Let's see who post pictures first of the install!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #103
Herofmine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F10535i, 15 M5,340i,X5M

Garage List
2015 X5M  [10.00]
Just installed bavsound woofers and i am not impressed compare to stock woofers very small difference, i even felt less "punch", i have 2014 f10 with HK sound system. I don't think it worth $400 (
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #104
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Deleted

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 12-18-2015 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 02:23 PM   #105
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofmine View Post
Just installed bavsound woofers and i am not impressed compare to stock woofers very small difference, i even felt less "punch", i have 2014 f10 with HK sound system. I don't think it worth $400 (
They need power! Replacing speakers is one thing but without an amp to power them up you will not get the full benefits. Sorry to hear! Hopefully Others will start chiming in as soon as they get there's installed.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #106
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
They need power! Replacing speakers is one thing but without an amp to power them up you will not get the full benefits. Sorry to hear! Hopefully Others will start chiming in as soon as they get there's installed.
Sorry bro that is incorrect, the bava sub upgrade is specifically designed to work with the factory amp. It would not be plug and play if it required an amp upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #107
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
I got all caught up in your disappointment and didn't spend the time to think about the subs, they will need some break in time before they play loud or low. I would play them at just about half volume for the next week or two every time you drive the car and see if they get better.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #108
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
Do you have Hifi or HK?
Premium SOund
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #109
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You need a gasket for them to make is sound proper.

See posting I am putting at end of this thread
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #110
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

DONT INSTALL YET!

First and foremost, thank you SO much for your purchase of our all-new Ghost Underseat Subwoofer Upgrades for your 5 Series. We can't wait for you to get them installed and rocking out. But first, please read this e-mail as it contains ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY information to ensure your woofers sound amazing!

However, as sometimes happens with new products, we made a mistake creating the parts list during manufacturing, and a gasket required for installation wasn't correctly pre-installed on the woofers. Without this gasket, your new woofers won't seal properly in their enclosures, resulting in poor performance.

Our goal is always to make your experience as simple, easy, and enjoyable as possible, and to make a product that is 100% complete right out of the box. We didn't live up to our standards, and I want to personally apologize for our mistake.

The good news? The fix is incredibly easy, and we're already taking care of it.

All that's needed is some new gasket material which you can apply to your enclosure before installation. As of this e-mail, we're already in the process of purchasing and sending the gasket material that's required to the shipping address you provided for your purchase. In order to ensure you receive it as quickly as possible, we'll be sending the gasket via Amazon Prime so you'll have it in 2 days or less and can install right away). If you need it shipped to an address other than your original shipping address, please reply ASAP and let us know.

(We won't be sending you tracking numbers simply because you'll probably have the gasket before we can get that out to you!)

If you're in a rush and would like to source the gasket material locally so you don't have to wait to install your new woofers, you can do so at any Home Depot or similar. Here's the gasket material we'll be sending you:

http://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-V25...5%3A2470955011

Plus, as our way of saying thank you, we'll be sending you a $15 Amazon Gift Card which you can use to purchase some amazing new music to enjoy with your new subs.

Now, because we didn't expect this to be necessary, we naturally haven't produced an installation video on how to apply the gasket and install your new woofers with it, but expect a follow up e-mail in the next 24 hours with a complete video on the installation process.

(NOTE: If you are outside the U.S., please reply to this e-mail so we can get you sorted as we are unable to ship the gaskets internationally).

Finally, we also want to provide some important information regarding the design, tuning, and performance of your new woofers. When we engineered the woofers for your BMW, as with everything we do, our focus was on maximizing sound quality and usable performance first, and total bass output second.

What does this mean? Without any additional equalization, our woofers (relative to the factory speakers and Stage One) will be slightly quieter than the factory woofers in some, but not all, applications. However, with some small EQ adjustments, their usable output (meaning how loud they can be played without distortion) is significantly higher, and their dynamics and low end extension are, in a word, exceptional.

Long story short, if after installing your new woofers you'd like more bass output, some small adjustments to your EQ will absolutely blow you away!

Here are the recommended changes if your goal is maximum bass output:

(NOTE: these are not "absolute" recommendations, but how much you should adjust from your "normal" settings to optimize bass response)

1.Reduce your Treble setting by 2-4 "notches" and leave "Bass" where it is.
2.Adjust your EQ as follows:

100Hz +1 click
200Hz -2 clicks
500Hz (none)
1KHz -1 click
2 KHz -4 clicks
5 KHz -4 clicks
10 KHz -1-3 clicks
Finally, your new woofers need time to fully break in and sound their best -- around 10-20 hours at least of playing time. Before they're fully broken in, output and dynamics won't be at their peak level. As they say, good things take time!

Once again, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Even after an amazing 11 years in business, we still make mistakes, but we've always taken care of our customers, and we always will. Thanks so much in advance for your understanding and for being such an amazing customer; you make what we do the greatest job in the world.

Now, just hang tight for your gasket material and for that follow up installation video shortly, and as always, if you have ANY questions, or there's anything at all we can do for you, please let us know.
Appreciate 0