2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums ASIA Window Trim Vinyl Wrap

09-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #67
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldskchan View Post
Any chings know how much will cost to paint the front grill matt black?
Buy a set as Jxnco suggested. But they are not as fitted as the OE. Larger gap. Could be easily taken out by pulling with some force. But they won't fall out. So not bad. Just beware of people knowing this will steal them. Just like me. Hehe.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #68
ICIC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
Buy a set as Jxnco suggested. But they are not as fitted as the OE. Larger gap. Could be easily taken out by pulling with some force. But they won't fall out. So not bad. Just beware of people knowing this will steal them. Just like me. Hehe.

+1 don't paint it as the paint will easily come off. Buy a set for the same price and you can swap it whenever you want.
      09-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #69
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Clay bar clean first. Then I used 2000, 6000 and 8000 wet sand. Then all Meguiar stuffs, Ultimate Compound, Scratch X 2.0 and Swirl X. Then NSX Tech Wax 2.0, 2 coats. Good as new now. But I think I lost 10 pounds doing these (exaggerated). And I became a freak in the eyes of my neighbors and the security guys. "What the heck is the dude doing with his car all the time?"

Plan to add another 1 or 2 coats of Cabana wax after the liquid wax. To give it a more rich look. Black car is crazy to up keep. White will be my choice for next car.

I only did the boot lid and hood. Still need to do the doors, top, bumpers, skirts and etc. Do them next time I wash my car. But no need to fix scratches any more. Probably the most is swirl fix wipe.
Haha i think the same thing happen to me.. the security guards know to avoid me now, but attract some bored housewives hang around their SUVs like dun want to go up to their husbands, and bored kids who are curious..my neighbour ask me do i know what i am doing, i said i look up online, he said why dun i find out how to make money online.. i refrain from giving heartfelt answer

I use Collinite .. advantage dun have to rub, just apply. stated just as good as traditional carnuba wax .. will see .. did whole car already .. protection from car wash lady
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #70
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Haha i think the same thing happen to me.. the security guards know to avoid me now, but attract some bored housewives hang around their SUVs like dun want to go up to their husbands, and bored kids who are curious..my neighbour ask me do i know what i am doing, i said i look up online, he said why dun i find out how to make money online.. i refrain from giving heartfelt answer

I use Collinite .. advantage dun have to rub, just apply. stated just as good as traditional carnuba wax .. will see .. did whole car already .. protection from car wash lady
That makes two freaks.

No rub for Collinite? That's new to me. Does it shine like mirror? Not one of those nano tech stuff, is it?

You still use car wash lady? That's brave. I bought one of those Japanese tech towel. Very much like sponge and could absorb tons of water. I almost don't wipe the car after washing. Just lay the towel flat against the surface and press a bit and all water absorbed. Pretty neat. Only way to avoid swirls for my black car.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #71
ronaldskchan
Rep
Drives: F10 523i

rc3 ching I just did the matt trim at prokit very good workmanship thaks
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #72
ronaldskchan
Rep

Any place that I could get the matt kidney grill without having to order online?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #73
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
rc3 ching I just did the matt trim at prokit very good workmanship thaks
Congrats, anything wrong just bring it back. I did a couple times.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #74
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Any place that I could get the matt kidney grill without having to order online?
Not that we know of. You may try wrapping it with matt black film. A member here rurujojo did. But just the slates and the ring is difficult to wrap.

Order online is more easy than getting it in person. I got it delivered to my door a few days time.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #75
ronaldskchan
Rep

RC did you get your grill on ebay or taobao please sent me the link if u can thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #76
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
RC did you get your grill on ebay or taobao please sent me the link if u can thanks.
I got mine from Pyspeed but they are actually the same as Jxnco's from ebay, cheaper there. So just get them as Jxnco suggested.

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #77
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That makes two freaks.

No rub for Collinite? That's new to me. Does it shine like mirror? Not one of those nano tech stuff, is it?

You still use car wash lady? That's brave. I bought one of those Japanese tech towel. Very much like sponge and could absorb tons of water. I almost don't wipe the car after washing. Just lay the towel flat against the surface and press a bit and all water absorbed. Pretty neat. Only way to avoid swirls for my black car.
Just apply, i think will use big bbq brush next time to save time..
but it seem all gone now .. dun know what happen .. will report again in few weeks
its insulator/boat/electrical wax .. simple and not marketed, search it
dedicated hourly car lady .. but i think still hard to communicate how u want it done, they will still do it their own way. think just forget it unless gonna was it yourself..
deep pile microfibre .. i bought but she doesnt seem to like to use, still use normal pile not-as-soft microfibre .. previously used the 'magic'/'swimming'/japan high absorb synthetic chamois .. but not anymore, dont know why
dun use waffle weave, it has sharp edges, although 'pro' like to use, because it fold and handle easily
u still was yourself? how long u think u can keep it up for .. i think maybe possible if the collinite wax work, just spray and dry, once i week, since my car rarely get dirty.. but even this minimal, i think cant keep up ..
try this spray, i bought, work very well, good to spray first layer of water or war wash liquid:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1..._u=4lhcthgdbf9
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #78
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Just apply, i think will use big bbq brush next time to save time..
but it seem all gone now .. dun know what happen .. will report again in few weeks
its insulator/boat/electrical wax .. simple and not marketed, search it
dedicated hourly car lady .. but i think still hard to communicate how u want it done, they will still do it their own way. think just forget it unless gonna was it yourself..
deep pile microfibre .. i bought but she doesnt seem to like to use, still use normal pile not-as-soft microfibre .. previously used the 'magic'/'swimming'/japan high absorb synthetic chamois .. but not anymore, dont know why
dun use waffle weave, it has sharp edges, although 'pro' like to use, because it fold and handle easily
u still was yourself? how long u think u can keep it up for .. i think maybe possible if the collinite wax work, just spray and dry, once i week, since my car rarely get dirty.. but even this minimal, i think cant keep up ..
try this spray, i bought, work very well, good to spray first layer of water or war wash liquid:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1..._u=4lhcthgdbf9
I guess I will take out for wash when I lost my enthusiasm. But I bought all the gadgets including a hose with nozzle. Not so tough to wash and dry. May be half an hour the most. Only thing is I don't have a rechargeable vacuum and the car park has no socket for me. Can't vacuum the interior but to wipe clean with wet cloths. So I think take out once in a while for now. But only a few places to go where they do brush-less hand wash in HK island side. And appointment or long queue. May be more convenience to self wash.

Another thing is the car wash bay at my place is not dedicated and have to move my car whenever someone has to park his/her car into the adjacent space, very troublesome. And one of the neighbor who is a lady is very bitchy, she complaint that I splash the water to other cars and asked me to wipe dry her car if I splashed her car. That time was raining outside and she just drove back. She must be crazy.

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #79
jxnco
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
I guess I will take out for wash when I lost my enthusiasm. But I bought all the gadgets including a hose with nozzle. Not so tough to wash and dry. May be half an hour the most. Only thing is I don't have a rechargeable vacuum and the car park has no socket for me. Can't vacuum the interior but to wipe clean with wet cloths. So I think take out once in a while for now. But only a few places to go where they do brush-less hand wash in HK island side. And appointment or long queue. May be more convenience to self wash.

Another thing is the car wash bay at my place is not dedicated and have to move my car whenever someone has to park his/her car into the adjacent space, very troublesome. And one of the neighbor who is a lady is very bitchy, she complaint that I splash the water to other cars and asked me to wipe dry her car if I splashed her car. That time was raining outside and she just drove back. She must be crazy.
Wow you have a bitchy neighbor. Anyway I have a cordless vac too if you want to borrow. Works very well with my car.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #80
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxnco View Post
Wow you have a bitchy neighbor. Anyway I have a cordless vac too if you want to borrow. Works very well with my car.
Yeah, may be I spent too much time in the car park detailing my car for the past week. She must think I'm a freak. Every time I start sanding and polishing I need to wash my car. And sometime is raining outside. Neighbors must be wondering why I wash my car in rainy days.

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #81
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

My car need vacuum too, want to cheap out and still thinking which 100-200rmb one to buy.. but only use 1-2/year .. want to use tape but think will leave residue
Also wipe interior 1-2 year is enough, have yet to do it , but good time approaching cold weather =won't break sweat on interior hehe
That sound like a movie, her car is wet, she is looking for an argument.. offer to wipe her woman parts as well (although that is disgusting if she is old..)
Reminds me this one time, i was parking at a meter on a quiet street, switching from reverse to forward in the space, turn around and 2 woman standing/walking right there, from out of nowhere .. the space is like <3feet, i stop immediately, one of the older woman (~50) give me a look of contempt, like i rape her daughter ... WTF! !!! go crawl into a tiny space when someone is PARKING on a deserted street with their head turned, then give them a look when they stop before hitting you !? F-ing amazing .... my god
THis other time, a female motorcycle driver, i cut into her lane (+signal and everything else as normal), she is far away and not fast enough to have to brake at all, then when at light,she stops besides me (im not first car), super angry and gives me "WTF are you crazy" look .. but ofcourse she is crazy because that is a normal cut, nobody would agree with her.. so i give her a look "ar... ok.. (you must be insane)". then she drive off super angry, ofcourse she cant do anything, if i am a bad guy i would get out and beat her ass.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #82
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, may be I spent too much time in the car park detailing my car for the past week. She must think I'm a freak. Every time I start sanding and polishing I need to wash my car. And sometime is raining outside. Neighbors must be wondering why I wash my car in rainy days.
I bump into neighbour on 2 consecutive days messing around with car, embarrasing as running out of things to say.. so avoid for a while
also, i think one time i saw him come home with someone not his wife.. oops better zip up
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #83
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
My car need vacuum too, want to cheap out and still thinking which 100-200rmb one to buy.. but only use 1-2/year .. want to use tape but think will leave residue
Also wipe interior 1-2 year is enough, have yet to do it , but good time approaching cold weather =won't break sweat on interior hehe
That sound like a movie, her car is wet, she is looking for an argument.. offer to wipe her woman parts as well (although that is disgusting if she is old..)
Reminds me this one time, i was parking at a meter on a quiet street, switching from reverse to forward in the space, turn around and 2 woman standing/walking right there, from out of nowhere .. the space is like <3feet, i stop immediately, one of the older woman (~50) give me a look of contempt, like i rape her daughter ... WTF! !!! go crawl into a tiny space when someone is PARKING on a deserted street with their head turned, then give them a look when they stop before hitting you !? F-ing amazing .... my god
THis other time, a female motorcycle driver, i cut into her lane (+signal and everything else as normal), she is far away and not fast enough to have to brake at all, then when at light,she stops besides me (im not first car), super angry and gives me "WTF are you crazy" look .. but ofcourse she is crazy because that is a normal cut, nobody would agree with her.. so i give her a look "ar... ok.. (you must be insane)". then she drive off super angry, ofcourse she cant do anything, if i am a bad guy i would get out and beat her ass.
Cheap hand vacuum would be nice. Time to shop for one.

Bought leather cleaner/dresser too, time to do it with cool weather.

These ladies are really classic. Forget them grimmy. The lady neighbor of mine of course doesn't look good and in 50+ (may be 40+ I can't tell). No way I'll do anything for her. hehe

Quote:
I bump into neighbour on 2 consecutive days messing around with car, embarrasing as running out of things to say.. so avoid for a while
also, i think one time i saw him come home with someone not his wife.. oops better zip up
In the car park really can see a lot of weird stuffs. I see chauffeurs of neighbors sitting, day dreaming/sleeping, maids chit chating, family driving back and forth many times in a short period of time, young dude driving off with pretty chick in daddy's car, lady driving 30+km over speed bumps and etc. Really funny and entertaining. Good place to hang out.

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 02:04 AM   #84
jxnco
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Geez nothing happens in my parking lot...very boring compared to you guys.

I did spent one whole day before washing my car, applying AIO, sealant, then wax. Everyone thought I was crazy coz they saw me before they left and when they came back I was still there.

It's almost time to do the same thing all over again coz my car is 6 months old now.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #85
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Cheap hand vacuum would be nice. Time to shop for one.

Bought leather cleaner/dresser too, time to do it with cool weather.

These ladies are really classic. Forget them grimmy. The lady neighbor of mine of course doesn't look good and in 50+ (may be 40+ I can't tell). No way I'll do anything for her. hehe

In the car park really can see a lot of weird stuffs. I see chauffeurs of neighbors sitting, day dreaming/sleeping, maids chit chating, family driving back and forth many times in a short period of time, young dude driving off with pretty chick in daddy's car, lady driving 30+km over speed bumps and etc. Really funny and entertaining. Good place to hang out.
Those lady drivers are funny .. speed bumps dont exist, or doesnt effect them because they drive SUVs
The funniest thing would have to be when i was taking the lift, a ~40 woman who doesnt care about her appearance and a ~9yr girl and ~7yr boy are inside, the woman snorts or makes some sort of weird/unsociable noise when i get in.. then the daughter asks in a pleading voice: "When is daddy coming back?". The woman, without missing a beat says "When daddy is here, you ignore him, why don't you blah blah blah"
OMG .. we get out, the woman gets in her SUV, the daughter follows, and the son who is not really following along/takes his own path to the car, kind of dallies and I can sense he doesn't want to get in, like wants me to 'save' him or smthing ..poor kid!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #86
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Geez nothing happens in my parking lot...very boring compared to you guys.

I did spent one whole day before washing my car, applying AIO, sealant, then wax. Everyone thought I was crazy coz they saw me before they left and when they came back I was still there.

It's almost time to do the same thing all over again coz my car is 6 months old now.
same here.. 'big' cleanup every 1/2 yr although i havent in 1yr yet ..
most i spent is 2.5hrs in parking lot, i am exhausted cuz its too hot .. and might go crazy with all the weird stuff happen better not stay too long, like going to space or bottom or ocean or smthing, hostile terrain
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #87
jxnco
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

that's why i time my half year big cleanup in April and October. Not too cold and not too warm.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #88
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
that's why i time my half year big cleanup in April and October. Not too cold and not too warm.
good idea.. still waiting for it to get cold enough

i got sideswiped by a soccer ball, left a scuff on the ridge of the hood, but i think completely rubbed out - lucky just put on the collinite
now jinx myself..dup
Appreciate 0