2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum DIY - JB4 connect kit ( Rev. 3 )

06-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550

DIY - JB4 connect kit ( Rev. 3 )

Really easy install! Difficulty from a 1-10 is a 1.

1. Disconnect the battery (I don't think you really need to but it's always a good idea, for those who don't know you go to the back take off the trunk floor and use a 10mm to disconnect the battery)
2. Connect the red wire with the strips to the posi (I taped some electric tape around just as some "insurance" just in case it somehow fell off which it should not if you do it correctly)
3. Attach the gray connector to the box (you will need a flat head to tighten it)
4. After you tighten the connector you need to locate the red wire you will be attaching the posi-tap too (their will be two red wires coming out of the JB box either red wire is fine
5. I wired my red line through one of the plastic parts and attached it to the closest red wire (look for space where you can connect the red wire to the posi tap without any problems)
6. Now that you are complete you can purchase the app and connect your car (you will first need to update your settings on the actual app).

Took me about 5 minutes to do everything very very easy and very useful! For any questions pm me or just comment below!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

This is good to know!
Appreciate 0