2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding CIC USB Playlist no go - and I've tried everything (I think)!

05-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
marcuslee2032
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535d

CIC USB Playlist no go - and I've tried everything (I think)!

Not sure if anyone here might know...

Hi Guys,

This isn't the kind of thing which normally eludes me, especially with so much help/forum topics now in existence. But at this point I'd greatly welcome anyone who can sanity check this/offer any advice?

Short of it is, a CIC unit (2011 F10), USB stick, and I cannot get anything beyond "No entries" when the Playlist icon finally ungreys itself in iDrive.

I've got USB stick formatted to FAT32. Files arranged to test every "£$"£ combination for playlisting (!!), files on it being:
d:\music\T.mp3
d:\T.mp3
d:\playlist\CD11.m3u
d:\playlist\CD12.wpl
d:\CD8.m3u
d:\CD9.wpl

Contents of all the playlist m3u/wpls are the same (again to test every combination!!):
m3u file:
..\T.mp3
..\music\T.mp3
\T.mp3
\music\T.mp3
T.mp3
music\T.mp3

wpl file (each line has the opening < and closing > at beginning and end, respectively):
media src="..\T.mp3"/
media src="..\music\T.mp3"/
media src="\T.mp3"/
media src="\music\T.mp3"/
media src="T.mp3"/
media src="music\T.mp3"/

And still "No entries" after all the above! I'm going nuts! Any one with any pointers or sanity check the above to point out what's wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Marcus!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
marcuslee2032
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535d

Right so in case this comes up for anyone else, I really was going to toss in the towel on this one, but just before doing so, I came up with the idea of trying out mp3tag or one of the other programs others have mentioned they use in building playlists for their iDrives.

They don't work in converting iTunes ones, just build from file structure, but for the purposes of sanity, I just wanted to give it one last go.

And low and behold, iDrive showed it.

I haven't gone back to dissect what was the stumbling block as I was happy just to be on my way with all this, but I suspect it's got to do with using unicode text format to save the playlist files (which was something someone else mentioned to do, but they were using OSX, whereas I'm using PC. I have no idea why this should have an issue, and I've not bothered to test my theory either)!
Appreciate 0