2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum White 535 GT

10-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
chien
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 GT

White 535 GT

HI all,

Am new to the site.. And very happy that there is one forum site dedicated to this rare breed of car.. Also new owner of a white 535 GT...

I noticed a yellowish shade of white on my car front bonet part, the front part separating from the actual bonet.. According to my importer, this is due to different material which caused a different shade... The bonet being whiter than the front metal part..

Any idea whether this is true and if not anything i can do ?

Somebody suggested going for a polish, but since car is only one week old in Singapore, not sure whether this is the best option..

Many thanks for any feedback..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

I'm not surprised. Way back when, an Audi I had on order was stopped for over a month while they tried to figure out how to get the aluminum, steel, and plastic parts to look the same color. I ended up having them substitute a different color while they worked it out. You generally can't use the same paint to cover plastic, steel, and aluminum, so different primers and pigments can make it really tough. The different light and the way things reflect make it hard. No excuse, but I'm not surprised.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
nigelh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d GT SE

If this was my car,I would find it totally unacceptable.You ordered your car in white and not two-tone.There are no discolourations in the promotional brochures which is what you based your choice of car on.If it was me it would be back to the dealership for the problem to be sorted,and if no joy to BMW Asia (or whoever controls your region) Don't let them get away with it.You have bought a very expensive car and deserve the best and should expect the same.Good luck.
Nigel
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
chien
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelh View Post
If this was my car,I would find it totally unacceptable.You ordered your car in white and not two-tone.There are no discolourations in the promotional brochures which is what you based your choice of car on.If it was me it would be back to the dealership for the problem to be sorted,and if no joy to BMW Asia (or whoever controls your region) Don't let them get away with it.You have bought a very expensive car and deserve the best and should expect the same.Good luck.
Nigel
Many thanks for the feedback... Will see what the dealer could do..

Once again thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
renaissance
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Can you post some pictures of your AW 535? I am very interested about AW. Thanks!
Appreciate 0