2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Drive Train Malfunction to other issues

11-22-2018, 06:13 AM   #1
jochamp
Registered
Rep
Drives: 528i 2013

Drive Train Malfunction to other issues

Hi! I originally leased a 2013 528i brand new, because the car was awesome and had no issues, I bought it from lease as well as bought the CPO with it. On October 14, I was driving down a highway and received a warning, low oil pressure and seconds later drive train malfunction and the car lost all power. I had the car towed to BMW. Car has since received a new engine block and after refusing the car twice upon picking it up due to shaking when putting it in drive, the car received a new transmission. Now they are having computer issues. On a good note, the CPO is covering all this as if I had to pay I think the car at this point would be a lawn ornament. My questions are two fold: will the car forever have issues from having to replace the engine given the engine is such a computerized machine and what further pitfalls do I need to be aware of? I received a call yesterday that there are programming issues. I actually keep thinking in the back of my mind that if this was in a wreck at this point the car would be totaled from the issues and I would be onto a new one. Given the carfax will look pretty tough on this car, I fully anticipate I will have to drive it until warranty is up and sell it to an auction house afterwards. Thoughts and advice would be appreciated as it's been over a month and no car.
Appreciate 0