2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 Mods

04-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
Raysingh527
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i/550i e92 m3 e70 x5

F10 Mods

whats up guys new to the forum world and wanted opinions from people. I have a 2012 f10 with 2400 miles on it, Its not my daily driver. Call me stupid but when i first bought the car I didn't get the sport package on it. lol. I have been doing little things to the f10 such as color matching/painting the grilles white/black, adding the m5 spoiler, added a roof wing but might take if off(makes it look stupid IMO), painted the door handle trim/side marker/window trim gloss black(basically all the silver trim outside). thats all that was done, now im on to the big stuff. I ordered the BMW M sport front,rear bumpers, and side skirts thru BMW im going to paint em this weekend and install, my question to you guys is i want to install wheels but theres so much to choose from? I love Vossen cv3's but feel like id be copying everyone else? any opinions on wheels? and also for the suspension should i use it out a little more and/or put springs or coilovers? also i ordered the m5 diffuser for my megan racing exhaust.

Oh yea and Me and a friend started a page for the NY/NJ area on fb if anyone is interested in joining to have meets and stuff and just bs around and talk car stuff lol. ALL BMWs are welcome!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/160495780781426/
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
clutchlee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can go many routes with the wheels:
There's OEM rims and there's aftermarkets as well as Replicas. OEM Rims are always going to be heavier. Some options you can look at are the 373 M rims and the 303M rims. They both come in 20"s and I think they look good on the F10. You can always find replicas of the OEM rims but they might not be as reliable and as strong especially if you're in the East Coast like I am.
Some aftermarket Rims that you can look at that I like are Forgestars, MORRS, HREs. These all depend on your budget.

If you're looking to get a new set of wheels, you might want to invest in springs as well to drop your car about an inch or too so it looks flush. Here's a link to the F10 Owners Place for Wheels and Tires: http://f10.5post.com/forums/forumdis...315&order=desc
Appreciate 0