2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Evolution Racewerks | F10 N55 Catless Downpipes Are Here!
Closed Thread

12-11-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Exclamation Evolution Racewerks | F10 N55 Catless Downpipes Are Here!

Introducing our new Competition Series 4" Downpipes for your N55 6 cylinder turbo engine! Fits all 2011+ 535i and 2011+ 640i.

Key Features:

Available for the 2011+ BMW 535i (F10) with the N55 Engine.
Available for the 2011+ BMW 640i (F12/F13) with the N55 Engine.
Better throttle response and faster turbo spool up times.
Mandrel Bent 4" piping. Smooth transition to the exhaust system.
100% Stainless Steel Construction
Stainless Steel Flex Section
100% TIG welded for better quality welds
Precision CNC machined turbocharger V-Band flange.
Brush Finish (standard) or optional Polish Finish
Available with high temperature Black Thermal Coating to reduce underhood temperatures.
Optional - Additional O2 sensor bung for wideband O2 sensors (comes with pre-installed plug)
Optional EGT sensor bung for EGT gauges (comes with pre-installed plug)
Compatible with the factory or aftermarket exhaust systems.
Track tested durability.
Includes all hardware for complete installation.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Brushed Finish Shown

Restrictions in the exhaust system robs horsepower and torque especially on turbocharged cars. Thus, removing as much exhaust flow restrictions will increase horsepower and torque significantly. The factory catalytic converter found in the factory downpipe is a big culprit of this and is a major exhaust flow restriction. The factory catalytic converter is made up of catalyst material formed into "honeycomb" weaves. Exhaust gas must pass through these tiny "honeycomb" weaves on their way to the exhaust system thus causing a major exhaust flow restriction. It also causes turbulence after the catalytic converter which causes the exhaust flow to slow down (which increases restriction). By replacing the factory downpipe/catalytic converter with our Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe, more power is unleashed!

Our Competition Series Catless Downpipes is constructed out of 100% 304 grade stainless steel and utilize mandrel bent piping. They are 100% TIG welded by our in house fabricators and built in the USA. The factory turbocharger turbine housing utilizes a 3.5" V-Band flange which we have duplicated and CNC machined cut out of billet 304 stainless steel. Stainless Steel CNC machined O2 sensor and laser cut brackets are TIG welded using stainless steel rods. From the factory turbo outlet of 3.5", our downpipe expands to a full 4" Piping. Due to space needed for the cataylic converter, the factory downpipes reduce in size using very short transitions. Since our catless downpipes delete the cataylic converter, we have more space. Thus, we use very long transitions. These longer transitions allow the exhaust gas time to smoothly transition from the larger piping to the smaller. This results in less exhaust turbulence and backpressure which again improves throttle response and increase turbocharger spool times (less turbocharger lag).

The factory downpipe utilizes a flex bellow section that allows the exhaust system to move. This eliminates undue stress on the exhaust components like the exhaust system, downpipe, turbocharger and exhaust manifold. Many of our competitors do not feel it is important to keep this. While you do not see any adverse affects right away, over time, the stresses caused by not having a flex section and having a rigid exhaust system will cause premature wear and tear. Any stress failures like cracks will form quicker than usual on exhaust manifolds and exhaust components. Also, without a flex section, the exhaust system cannot properly deflect impact. Especially on lowered cars, whenever the exhaust system contacts the ground, the entire system gets pushed up. Without a flex, you can imagine how much stress is put into exhaust components like the exhaust manifold/turbocharger when the exhaust is pushed upwards. We fully understand that durability of our products is important. Thus, like BMW, we incorporate a flex section into our downpipe. Our flex sections are 100% stainless steel (cheap flex sections only have stainless steel center braids and steel caps) to ensure corrosion resistance.

OPTIONS

Ceramic Thermal Coating - The purpose of ceramic coating downpipes is to keep heat from the exhaust gases inside the downpipe from radiating out. This keeps underhood temperatures lower and less heat absortion by nearby parts/surfaces. Another added benefit is that by keeping in heat (energy) in the exhaust gases inside the downpipe, exhaust flow velocities stay up, resulting in lower backpressure. The ceramic coating also adds additonal corrosion resistance. We utilize the best ceramic coating possible. Our thermal coating can resist up to 2000F of heat. It is available in black only (all the other colors cannot withstand heat that high).

Additional O2 Sensor Bung - An additional O2 sensor bung can be added so that you can easily add a wideband o2 sensor and gauges so that you can monitor air/fuel ratios. The additional O2 sensor bung will come pre-installed with a plug so that you do not need to run the o2 sensor right away.

Optional EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) Bung - An additional 1/8" NPT bung can be added so that you can easily add a EGT sensor and gauge. The optional EGT sensor bung will come pre-installed with a plug so that you do not need to run the EGT sensor right away.

CAUTION: This product is intended for OFF ROAD USE ONLY. Not legal for use on pollution controlled vechiles upon public highways.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

These are second to none and I'm looking forward to installing this on my car soon!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Great product!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
gragi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDr F10 M Sport

Is this the only option you have? I was wondering about the catted version. How much?
2011 535xDrive F10 AFE CATBACK, AFE SCORCHER, AFE Performance Air Filter, H&R, AR Down Pipe, ER Charge Pipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
HOT
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
gragi
Private First Class
Rep

hi Evolution Racewerks , What are the gains with your DP? I am afraid that with the cattless DP drone might come back. Any thoughts in regards to the gains, noise, different DP versions, are much appreciated. Thanks,
2011 535xDrive F10 AFE CATBACK, AFE SCORCHER, AFE Performance Air Filter, H&R, AR Down Pipe, ER Charge Pipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
gragi
Private First Class
Rep

Evolution ratewerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gragi
hi Evolution Racewerks , What are the gains with your DP? I am afraid that with the cattless DP drone might come back. Any thoughts in regards to the gains, noise, different DP versions, are much appreciated. Thanks,
Evolution, IMO the least you can do is answer questions addressed to you in regards to your product. If you want to sell it, of course. Otherwise, vivid and mod bar gs are having some crazy sales where you can choose between catted, cattles, and catted with resonators AR brand for $761.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
malrayes
Private
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Evolution, IMO the least you can do is answer questions addressed to you in regards to your product. If you want to sell it, of course. Otherwise, vivid and mod bar gs are having some crazy sales where you can choose between catted, cattles, and catted with resonators AR brand for $761.
ER products are a top notch and by far one of the best companies selling high quality mods for the bmws.. turbo engines dont have a high drone only if you eliminate the mid pipe cats.. I have dr. euro downpipe on my f13 640i and just ordered a catless dp with thermal coating from ER and should receive it in two weeks (international customer) + black coated charge pipe.. if you see AR and ER catless downpipes for the f10 youll notice they are somehow identical but ER has a better price

sounds + gains are all the same when it comes to catless dps. its just a straight through pipe!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
gragi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrayes View Post
ER products are a top notch and by far one of the best companies selling high quality mods for the bmws.. turbo engines dont have a high drone only if you eliminate the mid pipe cats.. I have dr. euro downpipe on my f13 640i and just ordered a catless dp with thermal coating from ER and should receive it in two weeks (international customer) + black coated charge pipe.. if you see AR and ER catless downpipes for the f10 youll notice they are somehow identical but ER has a better price

sounds + gains are all the same when it comes to catless dps. its just a straight through pipe!
I just ordered my DP as follows: AR Design Catted Downpipes
(AR-01-02052) •NO check engine lights
•Smog Legal in most States
•A quieter and more tuned exhaust tone
•An increase in horsepower and torque
•High flow 5" Race Cats
will also order charge pipes also. I am worried a bit though about the drone with the new DP that's why I went catted. Will let you guys know as soon as I get'em installed.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #10
sanyomats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535, 328

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by malrayes View Post

I just ordered my DP as follows: AR Design Catted Downpipes
(AR-01-02052) NO check engine lights
Smog Legal in most States
A quieter and more tuned exhaust tone
An increase in horsepower and torque
High flow 5" Race Cats
will also order charge pipes also. I am worried a bit though about the drone with the new DP that's why I went catted. Will let you guys know as soon as I get'em installed.
Hey gragi - can you share your thoughts about this product?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #11
gragi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyomats View Post
Hey gragi - can you share your thoughts about this product?
I definitely like the sound and performance had improved however not by much. The way I see it is it completes my exhaust system. If you don't mind a bit louder I would go with cattles (check engine). No loss of power only gain, no smell whatsoever, no check engine. Hope it helpse
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread