2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 2014 BMW 550XI BMS Stage 1 DYNO!

02-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #89
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
NO its no big deal man. Everyone has their priorities.

But Whats funny is, I don't race ever. I get on it here n there.

I'd be happier with the power the way it is if their wasn't a drop off in the DMEs causing loss of power. That's the only thing that im upset about.

BMS Stage 1 is great and if the dme didn't do what it did, i can't imagine what the car can do just with that.

Its funny because i actually drive really slow everywhere. So for me, its all about safety. But I dont drive my 5 series very much anyways.

I guess im use to that, because my car has been over here and over there getting proto-type work.

Only real reason I wanted you to dyno is because what I text you about yesterday, and out of sheer curiosity. Feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Combat,

The problem here is that most 5 series owners don't care to squeeze out every last ounce of hp or drag race at every light like you do. The car is fast enough for me to be honest. Would i like to have more? sure but am I going to jump through hoops trying to get it and putting my family and my safety behind to get it? no I am not. Look up what the roads look like in NYC and see where dyno'ing my car falls in my priority list.

With that said i have no issues with bringing my car to get it dyno'ed but you guys really need to chill out. Can i make time to go? sure. Is it first on my list of things to do. Nope.

This is quite funny considering you guys are b1tching about a car that can pretty much run high 11's or low 12's being too slow...

end rant//

Excuse me but being sick like a dog all week and trapped in my house got me worked up.

Alan
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #90
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

combat - what industry are you in?
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #91
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

The 550i (and xi) is a lux cruiser, not a drag racer. End of discussion.

Is it quick when tuned and even stock, yes.

I agree that the power drop off isn't ideal, but it is what it is. There is no tweaking for Stage 1...

It'll only be fixed if a stage 2 ever comes out with more direct control. Now that terry has an S63TU M5 I think it's more likely than before, so that's a good thing.

I have a S2 N63 setup that I am getting Dyno'd soon, and I'll be running my car on 2/22 in NJ w/ BadBlack.

I've been one of the only ones testing the S2 and providing tons of feedback to Terry. BadBlack's S2 has been out of his car for a while and won't be back in, for at least a few more days to a week.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #92
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
The 550i (and xi) is a lux cruiser, not a drag racer. End of discussion.

Is it quick when tuned and even stock, yes.

I agree that the power drop off isn't ideal, but it is what it is. There is no tweaking for Stage 1...

It'll only be fixed if a stage 2 ever comes out with more direct control. Now that terry has an S63TU M5 I think it's more likely than before, so that's a good thing.

I have a S2 N63 setup that I am getting Dyno'd soon, and I'll be running my car on 2/22 in NJ w/ BadBlack.

I've been one of the only ones testing the S2 and providing tons of feedback to Terry. BadBlack's S2 has been out of his car for a while and won't be back in, for at least a few more days to a week.
Nice can't wait to see your 1/4 mile times / MPH and Dyno numbers. Keep us posted.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #93
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
combat - what industry are you in?
A vendor for the car industry.
Appreciate 0