2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Comfort Access

04-24-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
sbaig2
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW 550i M Sport

Comfort Access

Hello,

I am having a weird issue with my CA. Whenever I touch the door handle I can hear the car unlocking and it keeps unlocking. I can constantly hear the noise. When it stops I am unable to lock the car or use the keyfob. Its fine when I let it sit for a few mins. Also, the car is unlocking itself when I am walking towards the car from the rear left side towards the front driver side door. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 12:50 AM   #2
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Maybe check the button on your key fob, perhaps it's stuck for some reason. My key is always in my pocket, so if any dirt happens to get in there it may cause the button to stick and present the problems you describe. Just a thought, but when troubleshooting any issue I always suggest starting with the stupidest and easiest solution first, then moving on.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
sbaig2
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW 550i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
Maybe check the button on your key fob, perhaps it's stuck for some reason. My key is always in my pocket, so if any dirt happens to get in there it may cause the button to stick and present the problems you describe. Just a thought, but when troubleshooting any issue I always suggest starting with the stupidest and easiest solution first, then moving on.
Thanks for the response. I thought that too, but its happening with both my key fobs. It feels like on of the dooor handles is somehow stuck and its automatically unlocking as I walk towards the car and it keeps trying to unlock. I can hear the clicking noise that the doors keep unlocking. It stops when I open the door. I was wondering if there is a way to reset the CA system.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
UA_civ_eng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Past:'11 E92 M3

These cars do funky things when they have problems. Your best bet is to do like I did, which is get ISTA/D and a cable to hook your computer to the car and let the program diagnose the problem. Search on bimmerfest for people that can give you the download link.
Appreciate 0