2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding FIXED: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Bluetooth Streaming No Track Information

03-20-2016, 08:23 AM   #1
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G31

FIXED: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Bluetooth Streaming No Track Information

I have a Samsung S7 edge and BMW 2014 base model head-unit with Navigation (business model i believe its called) [coded for enhanced bluetooth audio]

When i stream audio via bluetooth from the S7 i don't get track information. I can skip tracks with the bmw head-unit but its either displaying "various album" and "various artists" or "unknown album" & "unknown artist".

I have tried Spotify and even media present on the device, same results.

is there any work around?

i have unpaired the device and re-paired it, no joy!

I have used Oneplus 2 and Moto G 3rd generation with the car and they worked fine i.e track information is displayed.

The only thing i havent tried is updating the firmware/software of the bmw head-unit as i'm not sure if i will lose the coding.

thanks

Last edited by 2tek; 03-20-2016 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Fix found
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #2
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

Have you tried using the USB cord? I have two iPhone 6 (one work, other personal) and occasionally when using Bluetooth to one of them the track info doesn't show, but if connected via the USB it always does. Also, it sometimes gets a mind of its own during Apple Music playlists. So I'd say give the cord approach a try, if that doesn't help there are a lot of really experienced people on here willing to help.

Good luck!
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbama85 View Post
Have you tried using the USB cord? I have two iPhone 6 (one work, other personal) and occasionally when using Bluetooth to one of them the track info doesn't show, but if connected via the USB it always does. Also, it sometimes gets a mind of its own during Apple Music playlists. So I'd say give the cord approach a try, if that doesn't help there are a lot of really experienced people on here willing to help.

Good luck!
I use spotify to listen to most of my music and i'm not sure that will work via usb. i'm sure if i connect via usb the music stored on the device will display track info correctly (same as usb).

thanks for chiming in! great review btw of your speaker upgrade. i have the Mosconi/Gladen upgrade myself.

One thing i also noticed with the Samsung edge is that the sound is fuller than any other devices i have streamed via bluetooth, now only if it will display the track info...very annoying
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hey, thanks for the reply and props on the speaker upgrade. I'll be posting reviews of the Bimmertech amp and BR-1 tune soon.

I'd love to go to Ireland soon! Too much great golf and history there to not explore.
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #5
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbama85 View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply and props on the speaker upgrade. I'll be posting reviews of the Bimmertech amp and BR-1 tune soon.

I'd love to go to Ireland soon! Too much great golf and history there to not explore.
Sure, you are very welcomed to the emerald isle. Your first pint of guinness is on me....if you are a Guinness man!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #6
2tek
Daddy Wagon
Ireland
Rep

Fixed!

I updated the software of the head-unit, now track info is displaying for my S7 (tested with Spotify and MixCloud)

Spotify displays track info, Mixcloud not.

Happy with that.

PS I didnt lose my coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #7
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tek View Post
Sure, you are very welcomed to the emerald isle. Your first pint of guinness is on me....if you are a Guinness man!
Awesome! I may take you up on that offer, because Everyman is a Guinness man, right?

I have a former coworker in London whose Grandfather was once over Ballybunion Limks, so I'll have to have the clubs with me and enjoy some links golf, the way golf should be played!

Cheers!
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0