2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Transmission problem or calipers or just normal?

11-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

Transmission problem or calipers or just normal?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone ever experience the following with their 5 series:

When I drive my car in sports mode on red lights maybe push it to 6k rpm 2 or 3 times (I dont do this all the time). Then i drive normal so the turbos cool down correctly then go home and park it. Next time I leave i put the car in reverse, get out of my driveway, as soon as I put my car in drive mode the car wont move and gives me a jerk, after this happens the car start moving fine and shifts gears fine too, though sometimes this same feeling occurs while the car is down shifting. The way it occurs during downshift is if i brake then let go off the brakes so i dont slow down the car too quick, as i lift my leg off.the brake the car still moving but 5 seconds later when the car downshift the jerk happens again.

Also sometimes when i reverse the car i hear two metal hitting each other (the reason i think it might be calipers getting stuck).

Anyone with this experience and how they resolved it would be much alpriciated.

Sorry for grammer as i am using cell phone to type this while working.
Appreciate 0