2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum N63 Cold Air Intake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-18-2017, 11:55 PM   #45
m3gasm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09'M3, 16'M3, 11'550i, 17'X5

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroz View Post
Yup!

so far, almost everyone that i've talk to, they said don't waist the money and save some headache.

so the got damn N63 engine is a joke, now you can get a 2011 - 2013 for about $17,000 - $26,000 and it was once cost $82,000.00 WTF is BMW doing>>? F10 value is dropping like hot shit pooping from baby!

don't get me wrong, i like BMW, i like how the f10 looks, but when you make a mistake buying a car on it first production, it really mess up your bank. the 550i cause lot of issues...from the time I had my car till now, so far the bills cost to maintenance is well over $6,000.00 I should of buy the cpo warranty after my factory warranty when out. oh well, too late for that shit... as of right now, my car has 62,000 miles. N63 is a fucking time bomb, it can go kaaboom anytime. i've been stranded on the hwy numerous time, ton of malfunction and merry christmas to my dash instrument.... No wonder ton of them are being recall, and lemon buy back.

N63
My 2011 550i i bought with 25k miles. 3 years ago, I did Dinan stage 3 and axle back exhaust.
At 42k miles, the engine seized. However I was under CPO warranty, 4 days later, no questions asked, my motor was replaced hassle free by Crevier BMW.
They even put my Dinan Stage 3 tune back no questions asked.

Im at 62k on the clock now, added catless downpipes and JB4. This car is a monster.

Besides the motor seizing, which was my dads fault. He never let the engine warm up to normal temps before driving it hard, as he daily drove it.

This car has been an animal and I love it! Any vehicle has problems, if you hate the car and the "unreliability" then sell it and get a different car.

I don't know why people complain and complain, either get rid of it, or get over it.

I love this car and i'm keeping it forever...
2017 X5 35i. STOCK, boring, and sold!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #46
BlackWidow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3gasm View Post
My 2011 550i i bought with 25k miles. 3 years ago, I did Dinan stage 3 and axle back exhaust.
At 42k miles, the engine seized. However I was under CPO warranty, 4 days later, no questions asked, my motor was replaced hassle free by Crevier BMW.
They even put my Dinan Stage 3 tune back no questions asked.

Im at 62k on the clock now, added catless downpipes and JB4. This car is a monster.

Besides the motor seizing, which was my dads fault. He never let the engine warm up to normal temps before driving it hard, as he daily drove it.

This car has been an animal and I love it! Any vehicle has problems, if you hate the car and the "unreliability" then sell it and get a different car.

I don't know why people complain and complain, either get rid of it, or get over it.

I love this car and i'm keeping it forever...
Mainly because the N63 is a subpar engine and BMW themselves have acknowledged it. Which is why they initiated the N63 CCP in hopes to alleviate a mass recall. I don't know about you, but I bought my 2011 BMW 550i CPO in 2015 after the CCP was released. This car should have never been approved as a CPO due to it's known issues that were due to design faults. It basically says, no matter how you drive it or how you maintain it, the vehicle has points of failure that you have no control over. At any given time, your timing chain will fail due to stretching. If you're okay with that then so be it. But if I had known that this was a predetermined condition by BMW, I would not have purchased this vehicle. You're delirious if you think that the lack of quality control that has been plaguing BMW as of late is acceptable by a company that claims the Ultimate Driving Machine.

It's not just the N63, google S85, S65, and even the F10 M5's S63 rod bearing issues. Or the N20 timing chain issues. Majority of BMW's most recent lineups have engine issues. You've had it yourself and claim that it's justified. I've owned 6 BMW's and this will be my last. Audi and MB have surpassed BMW in terms of quality.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #47
m3gasm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09'M3, 16'M3, 11'550i, 17'X5

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Mainly because the N63 is a subpar engine and BMW themselves have acknowledged it. Which is why they initiated the N63 CCP in hopes to alleviate a mass recall. I don't know about you, but I bought my 2011 BMW 550i CPO in 2015 after the CCP was released. This car should have never been approved as a CPO due to it's known issues that were due to design faults. It basically says, no matter how you drive it or how you maintain it, the vehicle has points of failure that you have no control over. At any given time, your timing chain will fail due to stretching. If you're okay with that then so be it. But if I had known that this was a predetermined condition by BMW, I would not have purchased this vehicle. You're delirious if you think that the lack of quality control that has been plaguing BMW as of late is acceptable by a company that claims the Ultimate Driving Machine.

It's not just the N63, google S85, S65, and even the F10 M5's S63 rod bearing issues. Or the N20 timing chain issues. Majority of BMW's most recent lineups have engine issues. You've had it yourself and claim that it's justified. I've owned 6 BMW's and this will be my last. Audi and MB have surpassed BMW in terms of quality.
I have had an e60 m5 with s85. No issues. I currently have a e92 m3 with the s65. No issues. I have a f80 m3. No issues. I've had a 11 x5d no issues. Currently have a 17 x5 35i xdrive. No issues.

Now I've also had 03 Audi s4 12 s4 12 s5 12 a7 and 12 s7.

Now on the Audi A7 and s7 I spent over 100 thousand dollars on each vehicle. Yet when it was time for oil change or service. Guess what. I WAS ON MY OWN. LMAO!!!

I loved the a7 but it was slow. So after 3 months of ownership I moved to the s7. (I was absolutely livid that they didn't tell me that they were going to have the s7 3 weeks after I purchased my a7) anyways I Didn't like my payments as it was well over 1300$ a month for the s7 and I took a 30,000 loss on trade in value at my local Audi dealership on my a7 after 3 months of ownership.

Plus Audi doesn't have free service like BMW did. And that's actually what had me make the switch. I kept all of my audis under a 3 month period. I paid cash up until the a7. I kept my 12 s4 for 3 days and brought it back for creaking issues and decided I wanted the s5. Lost 12k on the s4 for 3 days of ownership.

Now that I've had a good round of Bmws. Here is what I've learned.
Bmw is put together better.
When I drive off the lot I don't instantly lose 30,000 when I buy brand new (spending roughly 90-100k)

And bmw. Even if they make a faulty product. They back up their customers.
Sometimes even if your out of warranty!!!

That being said. I'm never going back to Audi because their arrogance and lack of free maintainence For buying a car brand new.

I've owned 3 of the cars with "engine" problems. Long term. E60 M5 I had for a year. E92 M3 I'm going on 3 and a half years. And 550i 3 and a half years.

Only problem I had was a problem my family caused and bmw replaced it no questions asked. My car is upgraded now. Bmw still does my free oil changes. Brake replacements. Checks anything I need, like how my tailgate won't lift anymore. Set up an appointment and wallah. Fixed. Lol

Try doing that at Audi. When u purchase one let us know ur feedback. I'm eager to know

As for Mercedes benz. I've only had 1. No opinion for me there.

Thanks for reading my article
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #48
BlackWidow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3gasm View Post
I have had an e60 m5 with s85. No issues. I currently have a e92 m3 with the s65. No issues. I have a f80 m3. No issues. I've had a 11 x5d no issues. Currently have a 17 x5 35i xdrive. No issues.

Now I've also had 03 Audi s4 12 s4 12 s5 12 a7 and 12 s7.

Now on the Audi A7 and s7 I spent over 100 thousand dollars on each vehicle. Yet when it was time for oil change or service. Guess what. I WAS ON MY OWN. LMAO!!!

I loved the a7 but it was slow. So after 3 months of ownership I moved to the s7. (I was absolutely livid that they didn't tell me that they were going to have the s7 3 weeks after I purchased my a7) anyways I Didn't like my payments as it was well over 1300$ a month for the s7 and I took a 30,000 loss on trade in value at my local Audi dealership on my a7 after 3 months of ownership.

Plus Audi doesn't have free service like BMW did. And that's actually what had me make the switch. I kept all of my audis under a 3 month period. I paid cash up until the a7. I kept my 12 s4 for 3 days and brought it back for creaking issues and decided I wanted the s5. Lost 12k on the s4 for 3 days of ownership.

Now that I've had a good round of Bmws. Here is what I've learned.
Bmw is put together better.
When I drive off the lot I don't instantly lose 30,000 when I buy brand new (spending roughly 90-100k)

And bmw. Even if they make a faulty product. They back up their customers.
Sometimes even if your out of warranty!!!

That being said. I'm never going back to Audi because their arrogance and lack of free maintainence For buying a car brand new.

I've owned 3 of the cars with "engine" problems. Long term. E60 M5 I had for a year. E92 M3 I'm going on 3 and a half years. And 550i 3 and a half years.

Only problem I had was a problem my family caused and bmw replaced it no questions asked. My car is upgraded now. Bmw still does my free oil changes. Brake replacements. Checks anything I need, like how my tailgate won't lift anymore. Set up an appointment and wallah. Fixed. Lol

Try doing that at Audi. When u purchase one let us know ur feedback. I'm eager to know

As for Mercedes benz. I've only had 1. No opinion for me there.

Thanks for reading my article
Seems like you had a good experience, that doesn't change the fact that this specific engine we're discussing is not what it should be and BMW knows it. Which is why many people complain about it. It should have been recalled. The CCP doesn't solve the issues, it just puts a bandaid on it. Mine had its timing chain stretched, broke chain guides, and caused my vehicle to throw a rod from all the particles that circulated through rather quickly. My vehicle has been maintained by BMW since purchase. I'm out of warranty.

I had '13 Audi S4 that I owned for 3 years, probably one of the best cars I've owned besides my Honda Ridgeline. My 2008 E60 M5 had throttle and idle actuators go, and SMG pump issues right out of warranty. Got rid of it at 70k miles before the rod bearings destroyed a $25,000 engine. My E90 335i had waterpump, hpfp, lpfp, oil filter housing, valve cover, oil pan gaskets all under 60k miles. My least problematic BMW was my Z4. Every brand is going to have issues, but the consistency in the problems from succeeding product lines from BMW seems like they simply do not care. I mean why should they? The service on it brings them money and people still buy them since majority owners don't keep them after warranty/lease.

Last edited by BlackWidow; 05-19-2017 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 0