2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums 5-Series GT (F07) Photo/Video/Media Forum White 550i GT Just Arrived Day After Christmas...

03-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #67
SuiDO
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sunblinds for the rear side windows is electric. You can refer to online product catalog URL below
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...roduction.html
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #68
Eddie Reed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i GT

Window shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakerx View Post
I'm deciding whether or not to order the sunshades. Is there a rear sunshade on the hatch? Are the rear side window shades power or manual? thanks in advance
Rear shades are probably not worth it (we have them) and they are electric. They only cover the two rear passenger doors. Back hatch is not included. We are having the car sent out for tinted windows (a better option).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #69
BlackLemon
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13-750i, 15-Hurc., 14 X5 50i

Love the interior....I give this car 2 years tops before they phase it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #70
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLemon View Post
Love the interior....I give this car 2 years tops before they phase it out.
Based on what? I would be more concerned about TATA keeping Jaguar afloat.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #71
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

nice! congrats!

i finally saw one of these on my way home from work yesterday. it was a white 550i gt, just like this one.

i gotta say, when i first saw pics of the gt, i was not very impressed. but seeing one on the road yesterday definitely changed my opinion. they're pretty sweet!
      05-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #72
Eddie Reed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well we got to test the Run Flat Tires. The car picked up a 4 inch nail on the way to work (through the sidewall, so the tire is trashed). Me being the rocket scientist that I am pulled it and the tire lost all air pressure. Drove it home on the flat tire (32 miles) then to the dealer (40 miles). Not into this Run Flat concept, but it works. Sorry BMW but we ran the car at 70 MPH (vice the recommended 50 on a flat tire). Still love this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #73
Eddie Reed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Have to let this puppy go! We have loved BMW's for the last 7 years (have bought 6 in that timeframe).

This car is amazing drives and performs like a dream and I still love it. But we have to let go. I am tired of the constant tire problems. All four tires loose air constantly (about 5 to 10LBS a month). This is not the maintenance free car that all my previous BMW's were. We could take it in for service, but that is a two week waiting period. Just over it!

We have never taken this car on a trip longer than the runflats can travel on to get back home (about 50 miles). We just don't trust the tires. We are now looking elsewhere for a new car and have decide this is our last BMW. Still love BMW's but cannot have a car that cannot be serviced within reasonable time (Dealer just told us two weeks before they have a appointment to replace the faulty front tire, which was expressed in yesterday). So again we have this lovely "Driveway Ornament".

Last edited by Eddie Reed; 10-15-2010 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #74
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Reed View Post
Have to let this puppy go! ...This car is amazing drives and performs like a dream and I still love it. But we have to let go. I am tired of the constant tire problems.
Sorry to hear about that. And it's a pity as well, as tires are one of the easier problem to fix.... just ask them to get you a set of new tires +/- rims under warranty!

Quote:
Still love BMW's but cannot have a car that cannot be serviced within reasonable time (Dealer just told us two weeks before they have a appointment to replace the faulty front tire, which was expressed in yesterday). So again we have this lovely "Driveway Ornament".
Isn't there another dealer you can go to in your area?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #75
Eddie Reed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Sorry to hear about that. And it's a pity as well, as tires are one of the easier problem to fix.... just ask them to get you a set of new tires +/- rims under warranty!

Isn't there another dealer you can go to in your area?
Wish it was that easy. We have taken the car back a couple of times about the tires, but it is 36 miles one way from our house. They just look at you and say they have never heard of anything like that before. But, then they said they had never seen a car arrive with mismatched wood trim either (wood in the car was entirely the same, except the passenger door which was ash).

Only other deal is about 30 miles the other direction and we never get to that part of town.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #76
car_fan
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
thats a shame sorry to hear about your issues. My left front tire was loosing air per TPMS. When I first noticed it I topped off. The tire was fine for about three days. Made an appointment within a day. The same day I took the car in for service the tire was replaced and I was on my way in less than an hour. I did purchase the BMW tire/wheel warranty. Front Goodyear Excellence RFT 245/40/20 run about 380 a peace from the dealer. Once these wear out I am thinking about going to non runflats. Did the same with my Mini and knock on wood no problems.

Who's to say you wont have tire issues with the next vehicle, do you live and/or travel on roadways that are adjacent to new developments? I too would be concerned about mis-matched wood trim and would (excuse the pun) reach out to the regional CSR for assistance. I am sure they will supply you with some sort of remedy.

I now have 9358 miles and my GT is running strong, especially after getting re-programmed.

Either way - good luck with your decision.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #77
BaltimoreGT
Rep
Drives: 550i GT/black/Sport pkg/20"

Quote:
Wish it was that easy. We have taken the car back a couple of times about the tires, but it is 36 miles one way from our house. They just look at you and say they have never heard of anything like that before. But, then they said they had never seen a car arrive with mismatched wood trim either (wood in the car was entirely the same, except the passenger door which was ash).

Only other deal is about 30 miles the other direction and we never get to that part of town.
Do you still own this car?

I had this problem on one of my tires in my VW.

Would be a shame to let go due to an air leak!

I love my GT... and yours in white looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #78
Eddie Reed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreGT View Post
Do you still own this car?

I had this problem on one of my tires in my VW.

Would be a shame to let go due to an air leak!

I love my GT... and yours in white looks amazing.
----
We still have this car (at least this week). Wife will not drive it since it's had to have the front tires replaced three time (with under 9K miles). Car is a dream to drive and use, the tires are a nightmare. The 20" Pirelli's on the GT will get a bubble by hitting even the smallest bump. Wife has deemed the car totally unreliable and it has been parked in the driveway for 4 weeks straight.

Wife wants a 335IS convertible now, so we will be letting go of this car in the next few weeks after we get the new car ordered.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #79
car_fan
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
----
We still have this car (at least this week). Wife will not drive it since it's had to have the front tires replaced three time (with under 9K miles). Car is a dream to drive and use, the tires are a nightmare. The 20" Pirelli's on the GT will get a bubble by hitting even the smallest bump. Wife has deemed the car totally unreliable and it has been parked in the driveway for 4 weeks straight.

Wife wants a 335IS convertible now, so we will be letting go of this car in the next few weeks after we get the new car ordered.
3 words: Ditch the Runflats! Your issues have been mirrored by many board members especially those with the F10 sedan. Although when I did have my runflats I only lost air once in the right front tire. It was replaced within a day under my tire warranty. Others I hear continue to have problems with the GoodYear Runflats. Bubbles due to impacts from potholes, etc seem to be a common issue.

I'm not knocking your decision to go with the 335isc (nice car), but it too has runflats and you may possibly encounter the same issues.

Just my two cents
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #80
BaltimoreGT
Rep
Drives: 550i GT/black/Sport pkg/20"

Dear OP,

This is incredible to me!

I drive a black 550i GT with sport package and 20" wheels. I drive in the city; rain, snow; rally style, stop and go, 110 mph; drift and pretty much anything I can imagine. To date, I have added air 5 times in one year to my run flat goodyears after 15k miles and I still have over half the treadwear left.

I cannot understand what is wrong with your tires!

I guess as car fan says, change tire type or something!

Also, the TPMS or valve stems could be leaking! Wow this is probably it. They could just be defective. The full TPMS system is about 60 dlls per wheel. Why not get the Hankooks and new TPMS and see what happens?

That white GT is beautiful. The 3 series feels smaller than my beloved, bulletproof VW R32. I would shoot myself before trading my GT for a 3 series. Well, unless it was for an M3 sedan. I really would. The GT is so royal and unbelievable. It is like a beautiful princess with an unbelievable 6' 2" physique. Why would you trade it for a 3 series coupe with a sardine-can sized interior????? My R32's interior is huge compared to the 335is.

Consider to change wheels, tpms and tire model before getting rid of that gorgeous white GT. That is my honest opinion. And I would start with the valve stems in the TPMS. Those are 10 bucks a piece.

Good luck!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #81
sand99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
3 words: Ditch the Runflats! Your issues have been mirrored by many board members especially those with the F10 sedan. Although when I did have my runflats I only lost air once in the right front tire. It was replaced within a day under my tire warranty. Others I hear continue to have problems with the GoodYear Runflats. Bubbles due to impacts from potholes, etc seem to be a common issue.

I'm not knocking your decision to go with the 335isc (nice car), but it too has runflats and you may possibly encounter the same issues.

Just my two cents
+1 on ditching the runflats. Your GT will ride better too!!

Another option you may want to consider...my local dealership has heard lots of complaints from owners about the runflats losing air, so they now offer nitrogen as an option. Supposedly this fixes the issue (at least that's what they told me). They charge $99 for this.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #82
Eddie Reed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still have the car! You are right, just can not give this beauty up. Drive like a dream and the power is awesome. Haven't had an issue with the tires since the last posting about them. The wife is now driving it again!!! And she is still in love with it as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #83
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Gorgeous
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #84
optima99
Visit Ireland, it's amazing!
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 435d Luxury & X3 2.0d SE

Bizarre...

Just read through this thread, I find the tyre/tire issues bizarre. I live in Ireland where the roads are bad, whether weather conditions are very mixed and where cars generally lead a harder life. The 20" runflats on my 530d GT have been faultless.

Some years ago when alloy wheels were becoming popular I remember that some manufacturers had problems with 'porous' alloys where the air-pressure was leaking through the alloy metal. I could imagine that if the alloy painting or lacquering process was flawed that this could be possible. Demand 4 new wheels from your dealer and see if it solves the issue.

By the way BMW pricing in the US is incredibly competitive, you guys probably don't realise it but the average price of a BMW in the US is about 30% lower that the EU average!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #85
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Looks great man.
Appreciate 0