2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum You know it was bound to happen....

07-24-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Steve998
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535D XDrive

Angry You know it was bound to happen....

Driving home the other night after work. Sitting at a stop light , then bang. The Hyundai Elantra that nailed me fly's off in and out of traffic. I jump out assess the damage as I watch the Hyundai darting in and out of traffic. What do you do at this point, call the cops, I dont think so. Back in the car doing 130 KM/hour, luckily school was out.........Thought I lost the SOB, was so pissed but surprise, surprise,next intersection over was the busted up Hyundai turning left. I tear over into the left turn lane jump out run up to the car. Ripped open the door. As I was about to grab the 17 year old punk out of the car, figured this would not be in my best interest. Pulled the keys out and told him to get out of the car ( I did use a few more choice words....) He said he was going to pull over, right .......in his drive way Im sure. Called the cops, the little shi# got charged for careless.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:03 PM   #2
DAYINAZ
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 540 White

Wow, that takes some gonads. In this day and age we live in especially in the states I am always concerned about someone pulling a weapon. The mental state of human beings with nothing to loose in like 1/3. I would have done the same thing, but would have most likely had my .45 in my belt not drawn. Everywhere there in some type of camera.

I'm glad you got his ass. Way to go, now the question comes is he insured? Was he intoxicated? Sounds like a drunk/high driver to me.

Glad you are not hurt, looks like a week in the auto body shop.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #3
Steve998
Canada
Rep

You know it was bound to happen....

Unfortunately here North of the Border, you need a license for a slingshot...Im surprised my hockey stick is not classified as a lethal weapon.
When it happened I was pretty shocked that he took off,I just said to myself, F You, Im gonna get you.
He wasnt drunk, one of these smart ass punks, you know jeans down to his knees with bling ,bling chains all that good stuff..... It was his mothers car, her insurance covers everything. A week in the shop, $4000. 00 to repair
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:52 PM   #4
DAYINAZ
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 540 White

He wasn't getting away from an F10 in hot pursuit, impossible. Mom who is most likely a adult version of him is going to have his ass on a platter....
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
Steve998
Canada
Rep

Luckily no metal damage just bumper
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #6
DocOct
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 - F15 X5

That sir, is an impressive story. I'm sure that your adrenaline was pumping overtime the entire drive. I would be more that pissed...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #7
Steve998
Canada
Rep

Trust me ,I was more than pissed at the punk
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #8
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550

I'm a 17 year old as well starting college here shortly, I got my F10 junior year and the students in my highschool always thought it would be funny to ride my a$$ inches away from scratching, cutting me off centimeters away from hitting, always attempting to race me. It's very hard to keep cool so I definitely understand where you're coming from. It's just that nowadays teenagers believe they live the whole "fast and furious" life, but have no idea the consequences it could cause. I just wish everyone saved the speeding and crazy driving for the track!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #9
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

All is well that ends well, nobody got hurt, and if they charge the kid with failing to remain at the scene, that'll hunt him for many years to come (as it should).

Now, I don't want to sound as your dad/lawyer or even worse your wife .

There was the time I would've perhaps behaved similarly to you, but, as I'm aging and realizing that my young family depends on me, I would've stopped at taking the license plate once caught up with him, reporting the kid to the police and have them deal with the rest. While it's true that our gun laws are much more strict than those of our neighbors to the south, in this day and age, with tempers running high, no bumper damage is worth confrontation that may end up in unfortunate event.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 10:48 AM   #10
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Wow what a shame - basically a brand new 535, too. Smooth move going after him, just happy it didn't backfire on you.
      07-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #11
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
All is well that ends well, nobody got hurt, and if they charge the kid with failing to remain at the scene, that'll hunt him for many years to come (as it should).

Now, I don't want to sound as your dad/lawyer or even worse your wife .

There was the time I would've perhaps behaved similarly to you, but, as I'm aging and realizing that my young family depends on me, I would've stopped at taking the license plate once caught up with him, reporting the kid to the police and have them deal with the rest. While it's true that our gun laws are much more strict than those of our neighbors to the south, in this day and age, with tempers running high, no bumper damage is worth confrontation that may end up in unfortunate event.
I totally agree. Decades ago, I would've done the same thing and tailed the guy all the way home and socked his lights out. Nowadays, realization and responsibility kicks in earlier, especially with a family and career to think about. Here in the states, you hear too many stories of people getting shot due to road rage so I know there are tons of people carrying guns in their cars. Plus, everyone wants to sue to something so I'd be worried even if I'd open his car door without his authorization. Just not worth it but kudos to the OP for having balls of steel.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #12
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

That sucks
Appreciate 0