2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding USB Media playback

02-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
wanderer231
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520

USB Media playback

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum I have a 2012 520D.
I have a problem with playback on my USB drive. I have my music in folders by artist it will only recognise the first folder. So if for example I had ABBA then in this folder i had 2 ABBA albums it will recognise the first album and show the amount of songs in that folder and play them but I cannot move to next album.

I tried moving all the album up a directory and it will still just recognise the first folder and play what is in that folder.

Anybody got any ideas I dont want to just put all my songs into root directory as I would like to be able to scroll through to listen to differnet music depending on my mood.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Errowen
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i xDr GC MSport

Garage List
I think you need to change your play mode.

When you start CD/Multimedia and select USB as the source, the screen that pops up gives you a number of options on what to play. Selecting "All tracks" or "Start play" will play all the songs on the USB key in the order they appear on the key, regardless of directory -- at least, that is my experience.

Once the playlist has started, you can click "Current playback" on the left side of the split screen and then click the controller to the right to move to the right side: you'll find an option to randomize the play order.

I find that the multimedia menus are unintuitive and hence quite frustrating.
Appreciate 0