2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Alarm Retrofit?

04-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
gxprice
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G31 520d Touring

Alarm Retrofit?

Hi all,

New here and have ordered a F11 530XD from stock at the local dealer. I will hopefully pick up the car on Monday; shortly thereafter will post my impressions of it as well as a pic or two when possible

Meanwhile, the car has a good selection of options but is missing the "Alarm" (which I understand is standard in some countries but not here in Switzerland). For the sake of (roughly) US$600 on a list price of (roughly) US$100,000 it's a little pathetic of the dealer to order cars for stock without the alarm but ...

Anyway, I mentioned to the dealer at the beginning of the week when it arrived that I'd like the alarm retrofitted. His immediate reaction was no, not possible. When I suggested I'd go aftermarket in that case, he then said he would check with the service department (obviously seeing that the revenue would be lost to them).

Since he's not the most "proactive" or "responsive" salesman on the planet, I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows whether it's possible to retrofit the OEM alarm (kit available? service hours involved?) so I'm better prepared for his response when I ask him again on Monday. I must admit I'd prefer it this way rather than aftermarket...

Thanks for any advice,

Gary.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Sorry to hear thet, I assumed it was standard across the board.
I therefore don't know about retrofitting .
Appreciate 0