2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT M performance exhaust 535

10-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
polyadam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Xdrive sport

M performance exhaust 535

i am considering the m performance exhaust for the 535. Anybody in the area have this installed on their car? Care to share some insights and feedback? Would like to hear it in person if possible. I am located in central NJ. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

I have it installed on my car. I find it to be the perfect for what I was looking for. It isn't overly aggressive, which fits the personality of the non-M 5-series. In Sport Mode it is audible from inside the cabin, but not overbearing. I have mine mated with a BMS Intake and am very happy with it. I will say that it is pricey so you may want to look at other options as well, but I purchased mine used, so I saved significantly on the price. I am located in Nassau County, Long Island, about 15 mins east of JFK airport if you ever want to link up to hear it in person. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
I have it installed on my car. I find it to be the perfect for what I was looking for. It isn't overly aggressive, which fits the personality of the non-M 5-series. In Sport Mode it is audible from inside the cabin, but not overbearing. I have mine mated with a BMS Intake and am very happy with it. I will say that it is pricey so you may want to look at other options as well, but I purchased mine used, so I saved significantly on the price. I am located in Nassau County, Long Island, about 15 mins east of JFK airport if you ever want to link up to hear it in person. Hope that helps.
Hey Bake,

I also have the MPE and interested in picking up the BMS intake. After installing the BMS, did the exhaust get louder?

My concern with the BMS intake is the open air box underneath. While stock it was closed and trapped dirt and leaves under the stock air filter and now with the open box, is everything shooting around the engine bay?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #4
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsensetam View Post
Hey Bake,

I also have the MPE and interested in picking up the BMS intake. After installing the BMS, did the exhaust get louder?

My concern with the BMS intake is the open air box underneath. While stock it was closed and trapped dirt and leaves under the stock air filter and now with the open box, is everything shooting around the engine bay?

Thanks!
I actually had the intake installed before the exhaust, so I can't answer that question objectively. As for your concern, I have never seen leaves in my engine bay, but it is dusty. Not sure how much the open air filter contributes to that or just my laziness to never clean under the hood.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 05:38 AM   #5
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

If you're concerned with running an open intake I would suggest going with AFE since it's a sealed intake. Nothing wrong with running with an open intake like the BMS just more maintenance when u have to clean and oil it. Others will probably mention about the heat the engine creates.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1