2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications JB4 Stage 2 installed! A Must have for all F10 535i!

02-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #45
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer View Post
Well lets see what he can do, never hurts to try. I been talking to him for over a week every day Nd he said I will do everything to get there. Now if he can't get it where to be the same as F30 Fuk it be happy of what you have that's all. You have to understand that this is how this guy makes a living and I'm sure he does not want to make clients un happy
I have no doubt in Terry and all his products, I have had all of his tunes starting when the jb2 was the new thing on the street. I am just giving you my past experience with the differences from the 3 series to the 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #46
gre8tw8LL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer View Post
Well lets see what he can do, never hurts to try. I been talking to him for over a week every day Nd he said I will do everything to get there. Now if he can't get it where to be the same as F30 Fuk it be happy of what you have that's all. You have to understand that this is how this guy makes a living and I'm sure he does not want to make clients un happy
Any update if Terry was able to tune pull in the same numbers as the F30?
2012 535i Alpine White | Oyster Black Dakota Interior | Hamann Front Lip | LiteSpeed Catback Exhaust | M5 Diffuser| Painted Calipers & Reflectors | Black Gloss Grill | LED interior lights | Piaa Plasma Yellow Foglights | Born on 1/30/12
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #47
ARay:)
Registered
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535xi

hi!
I have 535xi N55, made in U.S. 05.2011
Tell me what kind of chip is suitable stage 1 or 2? What is the difference in them? Is there a difference in power? Which rooted give each of the chips?
sorry for my english....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #48
BigDeep1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Sport - P1, P2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARay:) View Post
hi!
Tell me what kind of chip is suitable stage 1 or 2? What is the difference in them? Is there a difference in power? Which rooted give each of the chips?
sorry for my english....
Get the RaceChip and have your car dynoed and post the results
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #49
gre8tw8LL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i

Here's the link for Racechip. The gains for both HP and TQ are very impressive. https://www.racechip-usa.com/chiptun.../5-Series/5er-(F10)/535i-225kw/
2012 535i Alpine White | Oyster Black Dakota Interior | Hamann Front Lip | LiteSpeed Catback Exhaust | M5 Diffuser| Painted Calipers & Reflectors | Black Gloss Grill | LED interior lights | Piaa Plasma Yellow Foglights | Born on 1/30/12
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #50
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARay:) View Post
hi!
Off topic but are you sure your 2011 535xi made in USA? All 5-series BMW's in USA are made in Germany...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #51
ARay:)
Registered
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
Off topic but are you sure your 2011 535xi made in USA? All 5-series BMW's in USA are made in Germany...
MBY made for US =)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #52
Rbembas_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
anyone on here using JB4 S2 on a 6MT? If so are you using the new firmware N55_S2_F10_F30_8D.hex? I loaded it over the weekend and noticed the rpms wasn't resitering a reading while I was idling?

2011 M3 Coupe,Jerez Black,DCT,EDC,DSC
2010 X5 30i Black
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #53
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

I run the Stage 2 on a 6MT. Its normal to see no RPM @ idle when logging. I forget the reason why, Terry explained it in an email to me but I can't remember the reason, I will have to find the old email. But its totally normal.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #54
pol10x75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
Recently I been Fed up with waiting for Dinan to release a tune for F10 535i, along with feeling the need for more power, I decided to go with the JB4 stage 2 tune from Burger Motorsports.
From the Dyno Ive seen I figure this would be a slight barely noticeable improvement on the car, but Boy was I wrong! The tune blew my mind away! Completely off my head and into Outer space! I can not believe how an inexpensive little box could change the car so much.

Pros:
- My biggest complaint against the F10 5 series was the throttle response. The car while smooth is very lazy on the throttle. There is a half second delay between stomping on the gas and the actually car moving. Sometimes you would even fall behind traffic because of it. This tune completely changed it. The car suddenly becomes a lot more responsive. At the lightest touch of gas, the car would start moving. It actually made the 535i felt like my F30 335i. Its as if the car lost 500 lbs!
- Installation was really easy. The installation really only took 5 minutes. Most of the cables are just plug and play. Some slots were a little hard to reach, but no big deal. People were complaining how the stage 2 has to tap in 2 wires. But Terry has included some nice little tool so it goes unnoticeable. (Props to Terry Burger who personally installed the tune for me )
- The price is perfect. Unlike the $3k to $4k 550i tune charge by Dinan. The Burger tune is only $529. For the improvement, this price is completely reasonable. Wouldnt mind paying twice as much to be honest.
- And of course, Power. According to the Burger Website, the N55 JB4 stage 2 tune gives +80HP and +100lb torque. Does it feel like it? You bet your ass it does! In Sports or Manual Shift, the car accelerates violently. At full throttle, the traction control would kick in every time. I cant even open it up around town now, because how fast it accelerates. It makes the car feel like a muscle car, like the car has 400HP! (At least my butt dyno tells me it does )

Cons:
- There are one or two cons about the tune. One thing many people would be disappointed to hear is the Turbo Lag didnt go away. I guess its impossible to get rid of it since even the M5 have it. But it is minimized with the tune. You cant really feel it unless you stomp it full throttle suddenly.
- Burger is still working on adding some of the features to the tune, such as on dash map changing, etc. The only way to change the map now is to use a USB cable and Laptop, no biggie

So in the end, I would recommend the tune to all F10 535i owners. I would go to even say it is a must have. Even if you dont need the extra power, the tune makes the car so much more responsive and easier to drive around town. On highway too, since the car accelerate much quicker, which allows much easier lane change and passing.
Im in love with the tune. :thumbup:

Did it really only take 5 minutes to install?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #55
smashhell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pol10x75
Quote:
Recently I been Fed up with waiting for Dinan to release a tune for F10 535i, along with feeling the need for more power, I decided to go with the JB4 stage 2 tune from Burger Motorsports.
From the Dyno Ive seen I figure this would be a slight barely noticeable improvement on the car, but Boy was I wrong! The tune blew my mind away! Completely off my head and into Outer space! I can not believe how an inexpensive little box could change the car so much.

Pros:
- My biggest complaint against the F10 5 series was the throttle response. The car while smooth is very lazy on the throttle. There is a half second delay between stomping on the gas and the actually car moving. Sometimes you would even fall behind traffic because of it. This tune completely changed it. The car suddenly becomes a lot more responsive. At the lightest touch of gas, the car would start moving. It actually made the 535i felt like my F30 335i. Its as if the car lost 500 lbs!
- Installation was really easy. The installation really only took 5 minutes. Most of the cables are just plug and play. Some slots were a little hard to reach, but no big deal. People were complaining how the stage 2 has to tap in 2 wires. But Terry has included some nice little tool so it goes unnoticeable. (Props to Terry Burger who personally installed the tune for me )
- The price is perfect. Unlike the $3k to $4k 550i tune charge by Dinan. The Burger tune is only $529. For the improvement, this price is completely reasonable. Wouldnt mind paying twice as much to be honest.
- And of course, Power. According to the Burger Website, the N55 JB4 stage 2 tune gives +80HP and +100lb torque. Does it feel like it? You bet your ass it does! In Sports or Manual Shift, the car accelerates violently. At full throttle, the traction control would kick in every time. I cant even open it up around town now, because how fast it accelerates. It makes the car feel like a muscle car, like the car has 400HP! (At least my butt dyno tells me it does )

Cons:
- There are one or two cons about the tune. One thing many people would be disappointed to hear is the Turbo Lag didnt go away. I guess its impossible to get rid of it since even the M5 have it. But it is minimized with the tune. You cant really feel it unless you stomp it full throttle suddenly.
- Burger is still working on adding some of the features to the tune, such as on dash map changing, etc. The only way to change the map now is to use a USB cable and Laptop, no biggie

So in the end, I would recommend the tune to all F10 535i owners. I would go to even say it is a must have. Even if you dont need the extra power, the tune makes the car so much more responsive and easier to drive around town. On highway too, since the car accelerate much quicker, which allows much easier lane change and passing.

Did it really only take 5 minutes to install?
If you are Terry than yes.
All depend on how handy you are.
      10-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #56
DinoNac
Private
Rep
Drives: 535 xDrive N55

I have a 2011 F10 N55 xDrive MSport, with full bolt ons and meth. I run the JB4 Stage 2 and it is all that you could want. The different maps allow you to adjust the tune to the modifications you choose to make to your car and their support is very good. I cannot speak to the actual dyno #'s because I havent dyno'd my car yet, but its a rocket and extremely fun to drive. I have not encountered a single person running anything else aside from Dinan, for me thats not an option because they dont even offer a tune for my car and the $2,000 price tag for the initial stage with additional costs for each additional stage, as compared to the one time price of around $500 for the JB4 with the same results or better from the JB4, I dont think theres even a reasonable comparison between the two. Obviously Im biased because Im using the JB4, but Ive done my research and looked at every other tune, including flashes, that are available for the F10 N55 and nothing has ever made me even consider dropping the JB4.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #57
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoNac View Post
I have a 2011 F10 N55 xDrive MSport, with full bolt ons and meth. I run the JB4 Stage 2 and it is all that you could want. The different maps allow you to adjust the tune to the modifications you choose to make to your car and their support is very good. I cannot speak to the actual dyno #'s because I havent dyno'd my car yet, but its a rocket and extremely fun to drive. I have not encountered a single person running anything else aside from Dinan, for me thats not an option because they dont even offer a tune for my car and the $2,000 price tag for the initial stage with additional costs for each additional stage, as compared to the one time price of around $500 for the JB4 with the same results or better from the JB4, I dont think theres even a reasonable comparison between the two. Obviously Im biased because Im using the JB4, but Ive done my research and looked at every other tune, including flashes, that are available for the F10 N55 and nothing has ever made me even consider dropping the JB4.
Do you have any info or threads showing info on the meth injection? I was thinking about going with the BMS Meth kit but it seems like there are little to 0 people running meth on their F10s. I have posted a thread about it with no replied. I believe you are the gentlemen I am following in a thread, did you ever get the issue sorted with the flex fuel lines?

Also did you custom make your charge pipe with Meth bung in it? I can't seem to find a chargepipe to buy for the F10s.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #58
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
Do you have any info or threads showing info on the meth injection? I was thinking about going with the BMS Meth kit but it seems like there are little to 0 people running meth on their F10s. I have posted a thread about it with no replied. I believe you are the gentlemen I am following in a thread, did you ever get the issue sorted with the flex fuel lines?

Also did you custom make your charge pipe with Meth bung in it? I can't seem to find a chargepipe to buy for the F10s.
We do not have enough tuning to take advantage of meth at this point. You can run it, but I think its a bit much for what we have at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #59
MBWORLDZ2019
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

I have the same 2011 535i but the only changes I have is the charge pipe. I heard in order to max the power from the JB4, you need at least 93 Octane? What if you only use 91 octane, would it be a problem. I always hate the throttle response on the car , I used the sprintbooster and I actually love it. I wonder if the JB4 will do the same as the sprintbooster, remove the throttle lag.

What is your recommendation? Should I use JB4 stage 1 first to test it out ?
or try out the JB+ or even the Dinantronics tuner.

Any help will be great.

Thanks.

Quote:

Pros:

Cons:

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #60
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBWORLDZ2019 View Post
I have the same 2011 535i but the only changes I have is the charge pipe. I heard in order to max the power from the JB4, you need at least 93 Octane? What if you only use 91 octane, would it be a problem. I always hate the throttle response on the car , I used the sprintbooster and I actually love it. I wonder if the JB4 will do the same as the sprintbooster, remove the throttle lag.

Any help will be great.

Thanks.
JB4 map 2 requires highflow catted dp or catless dp. 91oct should be fine. If you don't plan on running catless dp, than why not go with MHD or BM3 and leave the obsolete JB4 behind? Plus you can only run map1 or map 5 without the right downpipe. Only benefit of JB4 is if you plan on running meth or port injection. If none of those in your future plan than ditch JB4. Hell even new meth systems come with their own dedicated controller anyways.

Oh, JB4 doesn't remove throttle lag for 2011 cars or at least in my experience with it as I have 2011 535i xdrive but not a JB4 anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #61
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
Quote:

Any help will be great.

Thanks.
JB4 map 2 requires highflow catted dp or catless dp. 91oct should be fine. If you don't plan on running catless dp, than why not go with MHD or BM3 and leave the obsolete JB4 behind? Plus you can only run map1 or map 5 without the right downpipe. Only benefit of JB4 is if you plan on running meth or port injection. If none of those in your future plan than ditch JB4. Hell even new meth systems come with their own dedicated controller anyways.

Oh, JB4 doesn't remove throttle lag for 2011 cars or at least in my experience with it as I have 2011 535i xdrive but not a JB4 anymore.
What would you say removes throttle lag ? SprintBooster?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #62
MBWORLDZ2019
Rep

Thanks for the reply . And yes I am not thinking about putting down pipe or catless dp.
Ya probably the JB4 might not be ideal if I can only use map 1. I think the result
Is similar to JB plus ?

Is MHD and BM3 mod consider ECU tune?

I guess I would try the JB plus along with sprint booster. Sprintbooster
Is fun and addictive. Once you have sport mode enabled you don't wanna change it.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 10:15 AM   #63
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reply . And yes I am not thinking about putting down pipe or catless dp.
Ya probably the JB4 might not be ideal if I can only use map 1. I think the result
Is similar to JB plus ?

Is MHD and BM3 mod consider ECU tune?

I guess I would try the JB plus along with sprint booster. Sprintbooster
Is fun and addictive. Once you have sport mode enabled you don't wanna change it.
Yeah MHD and BM3 are ecu flash that you can do your self as long as you have a battery charger. It took me 25 mins do it on my 2011 535i, much better power delivery and you can do Stage 2 map on 93oct. I just had malfunction after malfunction with JB4.

Considering you have only 91 Oct you probably be good with cheaper JB plus.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #64
MBWORLDZ2019
Rep

Great. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Yeah MHD and BM3 are ecu flash that you can do your self as long as you have a battery charger. It took me 25 mins do it on my 2011 535i, much better power delivery and you can do Stage 2 map on 93oct. I just had malfunction after malfunction with JB4.

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #65
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:

What was causing the malfunctions and how did you have to reset it?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #66
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
What was causing the malfunctions and how did you have to reset it?
Just kept getting misfires and would go into limp mode. Turning off the car and starting it backup would fix it. Only happened during WOT so I was always scared of pushing the car. Changed to MHD and 0 malfunctions. Btw I did change coils and sparkplugs but that didn't matter.
Appreciate 1