2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F**k YOU BMW TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY

02-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #23
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
What has your attorney advised?
Probably to ask for $5000.... following with $4000 legal services invoice
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #24
tv 535
Registered
Rep
Drives: 🚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
I am amazed how some find the time to insult or further piss off someone who is clearly going through hard times with his car, and seeking some help from this community.

On the context of acting like grown up, you should simply asked him if he tried the corporate root and all.
I get that he's pissed off. But speaking for myself (and I deal with service in the public), when someone starts of cussing (especially "F...!"...that just makes me stupid!), my reaction is to do the opposite. Now other people in the customer service may respond favorably when being cussed at, good for them...I just adding my old codger perspective. On a positive note by starting with that tone, that does get attention...so good job and good luck-
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #25
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv 535 View Post
I get that he's pissed off. But speaking for myself (and I deal with service in the public), when someone starts of cussing (especially "F...!"...that just makes me stupid!), my reaction is to do the opposite. Now other people in the customer service may respond favorably when being cussed at, good for them...I just adding my old codger perspective. On a positive note by starting with that tone, that does get attention...so good job and good luck-
An American pilot called our facility (LAX) to complain about something once. All I heard was my chief's side... Captain, please stop swearing at me. Captain, if you keep swearing at me I'm going to hang up. Captain, I warned you... CLICK!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #26
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv 535 View Post
Yes I agree on the first, second or maybe even third instance at a push. However have you seen the list of work done to this car...

I'd be in exactly the same mindset!

Anyway aren't these forums meant to be somewhere for someone to blow off some steam and get advice from fellow owners

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #27
TZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive, 2014 435i CO

Try to contact BMW USA and request a BMW engineer to work with the dealer on the problem. That was last time happened to me taking the car back to the dealer four times in a month for the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #28
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

I don't get it... $3000 trade in value for the entire car? Or on top of the actual value of the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #29
mnhomes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

$3000 on top of the trade in value, keep in mind the car is worth less on trade because of the problems. One dealer told me he did not even want the car because the carfax shows all the dealer repairs. Dealer did open a PUMA case but no luck engineering just keeps having them throw parts at it.

Just to note I have been nothing but calm and firm with bmwna and dealers. The title is just me venting. I understand yelling and swearing gets you nothing.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #30
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

One option look for a dealer with a Master Mechanic in the team, the highest ranked mechanics at BMW, you should find them in Linked in or Google as most garages with one will certainly make sure the information is out to complete with other dealers.
The main part of the qualification consist of diagnose and they go through serious exams and tests.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #31
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Try this. I know this is on the e90, but it solved my misfire problem too. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=Solenoid
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #32
mnhomes
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles
Try this. I know this is on the e90, but it solved my misfire problem too. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=Solenoid
I will see if the dealer wants to give it a shot and if not I will! Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #33
tv 535
Registered
Rep
Drives: 🚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhomes View Post
$3000 on top of the trade in value, keep in mind the car is worth less on trade because of the problems. One dealer told me he did not even want the car because the carfax shows all the dealer repairs. Dealer did open a PUMA case but no luck engineering just keeps having them throw parts at it.

Just to note I have been nothing but calm and firm with bmwna and dealers. The title is just me venting. I understand yelling and swearing gets you nothing.
After reading this, I feel like a jerk from my original post (sorry!). My wife over heard me yesterday on the phone with some overseas phone jockey on a service issue and said I sound like an a$$ hat. Stressful week at work, so guess I am Mr. Cranky...really need to chill out this weekend.

I wish I could help a Michigan brother out, but I don't have any decent contacts at my dealer...had some relationships at my previous dealer of choice (where I picked up my last four), but changed recently since they don't want to deal at all. I hope you find some sort of resolution with your situation soon-
Appreciate 3
      02-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #34
mnhomes
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv 535
Quote:

After reading this, I feel like a jerk from my original post (sorry!). My wife over heard me yesterday on the phone with some overseas phone jockey on a service issue and said I sound like an a$$ hat. Stressful week at work, so guess I am Mr. Cranky...really need to chill out this weekend.

I wish I could help a Michigan brother out, but I don't have any decent contacts at my dealer...had some relationships at my previous dealer of choice (where I picked up my last four), but changed recently since they don't want to deal at all. I hope you find some sort of resolution with your situation soon-
I appreciate the apologie sorry if the tittle made me sound like a biligerent ass. Just very frustrated over the whole situation. Really sucks having a car no one is going to want to purchase! To be honest I would not even feel Ok selling the car just to pass the problems on to some body.

Out of all this I am actually happy with the dealer I have been using. The shop foreman is a great guy. The only one willing to take the time and not seem like your typical flat rate tech just trying to rush. He has been the one wrenching on the car himself with another tech.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #35
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
I appreciate the apologie sorry if the tittle made me sound like a biligerent ass. Just very frustrated over the whole situation. Really sucks having a car no one is going to want to purchase! To be honest I would not even feel Ok selling the car just to pass the problems on to some body.

Out of all this I am actually happy with the dealer I have been using. The shop foreman is a great guy. The only one willing to take the time and not seem like your typical flat rate tech just trying to rush. He has been the one wrenching on the car himself with another tech.

Sorry couldn't resist
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #36
mnhomes
Private First Class
Rep

lmao!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #37
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhomes
Clearly Sir, you are the 25 year old with that response. I have contacted Corporate in writing and have spoken to an attorney . FYI
The attorney route is the worst solution as only the attorney wins. Plus, even if your car blew pink smoke, orange flames, and leaked gasoline leading to your untimely demise, your attorney wouldn't so much as cause BMW to even blink.

Instead, focus on what you want from BMW and not on what's transpired.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 06:00 PM   #38
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7
Quote:
Clearly Sir, you are the 25 year old with that response. I have contacted Corporate in writing and have spoken to an attorney . FYI
The attorney route is the worst solution as only the attorney wins. Plus, even if your car blew pink smoke, orange flames, and leaked gasoline leading to your untimely demise, your attorney wouldn't so much as cause BMW to even blink.

BMWrules7 is right. Check to see if all the repair work you're getting is posting to carfax. If it's not I would consult with a lawyer about that before legal proceedings. IMO, obviously I'm not a lawyer, but I did watch law and order.

The next buyer if their smart won't buy the car due to the carfax. Problem solved. You can't live with that thing.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #39
mnhomes
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7
Quote:

BMWrules7 is right. Check to see if all the repair work you're getting is posting to carfax. If it's not I would consult with a lawyer about that before legal proceedings. IMO, obviously I'm not a lawyer, but I did watch law and order.

The next buyer if their smart won't buy the car due to the carfax. Problem solved. You can't live with that thing.
I agree and will hold off with anything legal yet! But it's not out of the question yet, my wife is an attorney and has talked with a couple lemon law attorney's. Hopefully bmw will come to its senses. I think what I am asking for is reasonable, buy the car back less good miles or get me into another CPO with no out of pocket cost. Does this seem reasonable or am I asking to much?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #40
TopQuark
Private
Rep
Drives: 528i

Quote:
I think this is the problem. Get a second opinion. Having someone nice is not enough. Get someone to fix your car!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #41
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe

I'd go to BMW Corporate and just ask them to refund you what you paid for the car AND give you a $5000 off your negotiated price on another car, new or CPO. If they say no, go the attorney route, but don't use one of those "you don't need to pay us" lemon-law attorneys, get a good one.
      02-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #42
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

I know this sounds crazy what fuel are you using. If you use anything but premium you will have issue with misfiring and other issues that comes with fuel.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #43
mnhomes
Private First Class
Rep

Always use 93 from Shell mostly, they tested the fuel and all was good.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #44
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
I know this sounds crazy what fuel are you using. If you use anything but premium you will have issue with misfiring and other issues that comes with fuel.
my dealer told me i could use 89 with no issues??
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0