2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Annoying sound/rattle from left small glove box

05-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Lazarini
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F07, F30

Annoying sound/rattle from left small glove box

I have noticed an annoying sound/rattle in my f10 specially when driving on not so good roads (unfortunately all are bad here)....

I kept trying to identify it and last time i managed i held and pressed in a bit the doors of the small glove box that clips in positioned at the left side below the steering.

Sounds to me like it comes from where it holds in to place... i showed it to the dealer and he said he will try to do something with it when i brought in the car for tire change.
Well they did try something at least that's what the invoice showed still its the same c..p.

Anyone experienced this and has an idea of how to FIX?

LAZ
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
Adiparker
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M Sport alpine white

I noticed a rattle coming from the inside of the drivers door and eventually found that it was the door lock knob. When you set off driving the knob automatically locks itself down and then rattles. If you pull the inside door handle once, the knob pops up and the rattling stops. Hope this helps someone else out there, there's nothing more annoying than rattles, don't want to go back to my teenage years and just turn the music volume up !!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
JamRWS6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarini View Post
I have noticed an annoying sound/rattle in my f10 specially when driving on not so good roads (unfortunately all are bad here)....

I kept trying to identify it and last time i managed i held and pressed in a bit the doors of the small glove box that clips in positioned at the left side below the steering.

Sounds to me like it comes from where it holds in to place... i showed it to the dealer and he said he will try to do something with it when i brought in the car for tire change.
Well they did try something at least that's what the invoice showed still its the same c..p.

Anyone experienced this and has an idea of how to FIX?

LAZ
I had this same thing on my car and it took the dealer two tries to resolve. I believe they ended up putting a piece of padding on the underside of the panel right below that compartment.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

I've had the same problem a few times on my 750. They supposedly tightened the screws by the latch mechanism. Rattle came back once, tightened again and hasn’t come back since. Now I'm experiencing an annoying creak by where the sunroof switch is and a squeak from my driver's seat bottom. They also recently replaced the liner to the sunroof because that was creaking too. Not happy.
Appreciate 0