2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW & Theft...paranoid now!

05-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #23
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah View Post
P.S. Am I the only one who thought of the whole "Black Guy" thing as just a Description not racism...
I am going to play the devil's advocate here. If two black guys was just a description, why wasnt the neighbor describe as black and why wasn't the OP describe as white?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #24
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Can't lie, I did cringe a bit reading the first post. Given times we live in, maybe unfortunate choice to describe potential thieves, but I think OP explained himself well in later posts.

As for your car getting stolen.
If someone wants it, they'll take it, one way or another, so I wouldn't worry too much. It's not the kind of car that's stolen by kids for joyrides, if it's gone, it's likely that you're dealing with well organized folks. It would probably end up chopped or shipped overseas.

Either way, not much you can do, no guaranties in life eh.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #25
SteelersF10
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW F10 550

OP...You described them perfectly, so please, if anyone is/was offended, don't be. I'm black and yes I drive a '11 550. I worry about my vehicle being stolen...LMBAO"...and I live in a "golf community"......I would have discribed them the same way myself. "LMBAO" Just secure your valuables and keep your vehicle safe.
      05-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #26
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I am going to play the devil's advocate here. If two black guys was just a description, why wasnt the neighbor describe as black and why wasn't the OP describe as white?
Me....I'm half Asian/white. My step dad is black. My wife is Mexican. So...my family is one big melting pot. So when I posted my question I just explained the scenario. I didn't think I had to go into details...my mistake.

So I'm guessing it should have went Something like this. Im an asian/white guy and My black neighbor saw 2 black guys look into my car. Is this more of how it should've have been because honestly it Sounds retarded! Not towards u X-Men so don't think I'm calling u retarded LOL!

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 05-13-2015 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 03:04 PM   #27
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Me....I'm half Asian/white. My step dad is black. My wife is Mexican. So...my family is one big melting pot. So when I posted my question I just explained the scenario. I didn't think I had to go into details...my mistake.

So I'm guessing it should have went Something like this. Im an asian/white guy and My black neighbor saw 2 black guys look into my car. Is this more of how it should've have been because honestly it Sounds retarded! Not towards u X-Men so don't think I'm calling u retarded LOL!
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #28
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Vert 6MT Carbon/Black

Quote:

oh boy, you used the R word
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #29
pdrf10
A Man of Wisdumb...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
oh boy, you used the R word
Name:  56791884.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  129.1 KB

05-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #30
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinPWRbimmer
Yep. It's called tow truck.
They can't afford a tow truck. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #31
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Lmao!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:47 PM   #32
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

Well, obviously they'd steal the tow truck.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 05:56 AM   #33
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Sad commentary on a real problem we are dealing with all over this country of ours. Admin should take the original post down to spare Isturbointeg additional embarrassment.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #34
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:

Or you can just leave all the racial descriptions out. I think your description of the two guys being black comes from your subconscious. Hopefully, you were trying to give a better description of the two possible suspects.
Going back to your original question, I would never leave a nice car parked in a bad neighborhood, I would drive the BMW to work or sell it.

Last edited by The X Men; 05-14-2015 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #35
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Or you can just leave all the racial descriptions out. I think your description of the two guys being black comes from your subconscious. Hopefully, you were trying to give a better description of the two possible suspects.
Going back to your original question, I would never leave a nice car parked in a bad neighborhood, I would drive the BMW to work or sell it.
Thanks X-Men! I now drive my BMW every other day now since than. Im not as worried anymore. I appreciate all your input.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #36
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

i don't give a shit about anyone's race or their feelings. Everyone are humans as far as I'm concerned. I hate being PC about trivial things like description and how people judge you. I'll just give you the facts why I would be worried if 2 black guys were to express special interest in my car.

1. Of the 12 occurrences where something was stolen from me, 9 times was a black guy, 2 a black female, 1 white guy. 10 of the 12 were from neighbors(I lived in a bad neighborhood) and 2 were smash and grab.
2. Statistically speaking, theft crime rate and crime rates in general is much higher with the black population.
3. Statistically, blacks have the highest poverty rate by far and there's a high correlation between poverty and crime rate in every color.

While I respect everyone the same, I'm more cautious with things in certain areas. Now I live in a wealthier area with very low crime and I wouldn't care what color your skin is if you're eyeing my stuff. You can even ask me if you can get inside and I will probably let you if I have time.

For those race card throwing retards that wants to be PC and applying it on others, they are being complete hypocrites. It's anyone's preference to be suspicious or alarmed by specific groups of people if there's a clear trend of malicious behavior from them. That's not saying they're racist towards that, it's saying it's their right to be fearful of malicious intent. It's their preference to avoid that possibility.

You know what's actually racist? when you start calling other people racist for describing a person's skin color. When you start doing things that harm people of specific race.

All the people here giving the OP a hard time are just stupid pricks.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #37
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

Always have full coverage insurance, even if the car is paid off. Other than that, it was probably some guys admiring your car.
      05-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #38
4MULA_1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

People should stop being all butt hurt about the OP describing the race of the individuals in question. I'm sure if they were trashy, trailer-home white crackers he would've described them just as they were. Don't think he meant to offend anyone by saying their race. If you've been in any sort of security force, you'd know that race is important to identify an individual.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #39
jakartakid
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport AW/Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 493263 View Post
i don't give a shit about anyone's race or their feelings. Everyone are humans as far as I'm concerned. I hate being PC about trivial things like description and how people judge you. I'll just give you the facts why I would be worried if 2 black guys were to express special interest in my car.

1. Of the 12 occurrences where something was stolen from me, 9 times was a black guy, 2 a black female, 1 white guy. 10 of the 12 were from neighbors(I lived in a bad neighborhood) and 2 were smash and grab.
2. Statistically speaking, theft crime rate and crime rates in general is much higher with the black population.
3. Statistically, blacks have the highest poverty rate by far and there's a high correlation between poverty and crime rate in every color.

While I respect everyone the same, I'm more cautious with things in certain areas. Now I live in a wealthier area with very low crime and I wouldn't care what color your skin is if you're eyeing my stuff. You can even ask me if you can get inside and I will probably let you if I have time.

For those race card throwing retards that wants to be PC and applying it on others, they are being complete hypocrites. It's anyone's preference to be suspicious or alarmed by specific groups of people if there's a clear trend of malicious behavior from them. That's not saying they're racist towards that, it's saying it's their right to be fearful of malicious intent. It's their preference to avoid that possibility.

You know what's actually racist? when you start calling other people racist for describing a person's skin color. When you start doing things that harm people of specific race.

👍
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #40
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

So knock on wood my car is Still safe n Sound!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 09:34 AM   #41
Joe5268
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast
I think that you've all missed an option, they could wait for you to come home in the F10 and relieve you of your keys/car...

Happened to someone I know, his wife came home in their 7 Series and two guys in black hoodies (omg can I say that) came out of hiding and took the car from her
I'm offended. They were wearing black hoods. How could you describe them like that. Why does it have to be a black thing. Why couldn't you just say they were wearing hoods. Why did you feel it necessary to say black hoods. You must be a racist.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #42
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5268 View Post
I'm offended. They were wearing black hoods. How could you describe them like that. Why does it have to be a black thing. Why couldn't you just say they were wearing hoods. Why did you feel it necessary to say black hoods. You must be a racist.
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #43
AZ_Bmw_550
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650i GC

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 493263 View Post

Thanks for taking the time write that all down. Hopefully some people in this thread learn something from it....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #44
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Bmw_550 View Post
Thanks for taking the time write that all down. Hopefully some people in this thread learn something from it....
+1

But you'll always have people disagree... I've learned from this post I created knowing I'm getting input from fellow 5ers all around the world.
Appreciate 0