2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Loaner Car Rear Glass Replacement

05-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
randypolle
Registered
Rep
Drives: 650i

Loaner Car Rear Glass Replacement

Ok, so I had a 5 series loaner a month or so back from Beverly Hills BMW when my 650 was in for service. The same day that I picked up the loaner, my rear window was shattered probably by some crazy guy when I was parked on the street in Santa Monica. I took the loaner back to the dealer not even a half an hour after I saw that the glass was broken and picked up my car as the service was already done. The deductible for my insurance was a couple hundred bucks. Today, I called up and talked to my SA and just out of curiosity, asked how much it actually cost to replace the glass. I was figuring $2000 TOPS. The SA told me it cost $11000!!!!!!! Thats insane! He told me that the rear seats all needed new coverings because apparently the glass even though nobody even sat on them. They were not even scratched. So even figuring in rear glass, with a defroster, and new sensatec for the rear seats, I still can't for the life of me figure out how an $11000 bill was amassed. Now, thank god I had insurance, so this isn't a huge issue as it didn't come out of my pocket, but I'm still wondering if anybody can enlighten me on how the repair bill was this high.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 03:52 PM   #2
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

I have exactly one valid explanation, a typo. $1,100. Fixed it
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
randypolle
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I can only wish... I had to ask the SA 4 or 5 times! Unbelievable!! Strangely the SA is unable to even show me the invoice for the breakdown
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randypolle
Quote:
I can only wish... I had to ask the SA 4 or 5 times! Unbelievable!! Strangely the SA is unable to even show me the invoice for the breakdown
Sounds shady. I would only care if it drives up your insurance premium in any way. But my god man, you can get into a pretty bad car accident and have less than $11k in damage.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #5
randypolle
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Sounds shady. I would only care if it drives up your insurance premium in any way. But my god man, you can get into a pretty bad car accident and have less than $11k in damage.
Seriously, my wife was driving her Range Rover a couple years ago, had an accident where her whole front bumper was ripped off, the front door, fender, lights, and wheel were all damaged, and the bid from one bodyshop was only around 14000.
Appreciate 1