2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum First Spyshots : BMW 5er Gran Turismo

11-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

First Spyshots : BMW 5er Gran Turismo

The first Spyshots of the next generation 5er Gran Turismo.
A longer wheelbase brings a more dynamic roofline as well as a pop-up spoiler , disguised on this car so far.
Attached Images

11-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
ghenadyp
Canada
Rep
Drives: gt5

I like the wrap, should try it on mine
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Another look at the new 5er Gran Turismo. The design follows the separation of ideals between the regular 3er and 3er Gran Turismo, which is now testing its LCI.
The 5er Gran Turismo will still cater for the customer that likes the first class ambience the current GT offers. The new model will offer individual seating as well as the tablet based console and divider introduced on the all new BMW 7er.

The biggest news is that the car is now more dynamic with a more coupe-esque rear and smoothed out rear deck taking away unnecessary bulk from the previous GT. The prototype is disguising this with additional padding and camouflage. The new 5er Gran Turismo utilises a Carbon core incorporating the roof structure,pillars and chassis. The 5er GT also uses CFRP within the tailgate now with weight reduction over 100KG lighter.

The Gran Turismo will continue to be offered with the latest petrol and Diesel engines as well as two plug-in Hybrid models the 530e and 540e.
A fuel cell equipped GT as previewed by the current car will also be introduced.

Since its introduction in 2009, the 5er GT is termed as a low volume but high profit niche product projected for around 10% of overall 5er unit sales. A figure it has comfortably exceeded.
Its entry into the USMarket has been controversial, replacing the previous non-selling 5er Touring. BMW sold as many GT's in its first few months in the US than the 5er Touring of three years in total. A decision that is not being changed.
Attached Images

11-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Haters gon' hate.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing it. I liked the M-sport 5GT LCI quite a bit.

I just hope they don't compromise on practicality.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 06:18 PM   #6
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Needs lowering and some nice wheels hahaha

Jokes aside, I'm liking that rear spoiler, and hoping they dont make it horribly taller than the regular 5 and 7 series. That fastback roofline looks damn good when done right, and the added height was the sole issue in my opinion that led to the oversized rear and overall negative remarks regarding design.

That being said, I always thought the GT should've been a 7GT, not a 5 GT, as it is more closely associated with the 7 to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #7
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

The new cluster matrix architecture developed for the all new BMW RWD models offers surprisingly better packaging options than the previous architecture.
Although it is a few inches longer it dramatically lowers the rear of the car especially the c-Pillar to almost Coupe like proportions. But rear interior space and flexibility is not sacrificed as again a 3 seat bench will be offered as well as individual chairs and a variation of the BMW executive lounge introduced on the new 7er will also be offered.
Attached Images

11-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The new cluster matrix architecture developed for the all new BMW RWD models offers surprisingly better packaging options than the previous architecture.
Although it is a few inches longer it dramatically lowers the rear of the car especially the c-Pillar to almost Coupe like proportions. But rear interior space and flexibility is not sacrificed as again a 3 seat bench will be offered as well as individual chairs and a variation of the BMW executive lounge introduced on the new 7er will also be offered.
Thanks for the info SCOTT26

One question however, is this model still going to be excessively taller than the regular 5/7? That IMHO was always the downfall to my GT (which is fixed by lowering but still), the coupe-like roofline looks great only if it isn't oddly taller than the regular BMW sedans.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #9
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Yet still no front page update on this model in particular for the people who already own this vehicle and have their own dedicated thread for this car.
      11-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #10
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yet still no front page update on this model in particular for the people who already own this vehicle and have their own dedicated thread for this car.
Is it still going to be taller SCOTT26 than the regular 5/7 models ?
Appreciate 0