2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media (update pg5 wheel complete!)ordering ledermanz steering wheel...would like input!

11-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #67
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
Hmm..maybe I can order it through you then lol no but seriously that's weird.
I work tomorrow night so I'll email him concerning what's with having to send your steering wheel. The other fellow members didn't have to send there wheel? If this is the case than the price should be cheaper since we're not buying the wheel than too?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 09:46 AM   #68
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
I work tomorrow night so I'll email him concerning what's with having to send your steering wheel. The other fellow members didn't have to send there wheel
Yeah I think it's only because maybe he ran out of F10 steering wheel cores. But I mean, he should be replacing them soon I'm sure? Idk we'll see what he tells you
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #69
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Actually I was referring to you lol I've been following your thread I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Your system is going to be insane with that much power. The alternator is going to hold up well right?
Ok cool, I've been researching my car and found out the 550 uses a 230amp alternator and it is plenty big enough to charge 2 batteries and keep the electrical going.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 04:42 AM   #70
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
okay...here's the email i got back from Ledermanz:

Hello

if someone is really ready to buy new wheel - we can find core no problem, but for pre payment. Many thanks

so if you're ready to buy they can find a core.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #71
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

This guy is 100% legit. Here was my review of the wheel I got from him..

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1137736
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #72
ed4
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '18 G30 M550i

Personally, I would choose option A, but Alcantara all-around. As the wheel ages, there might be an unpleasant contrast between the leather and the fuzzy stuff.

'23 F93 M8 GC ZCP
- HRE S101SC - Full Akrapovic - '15 Audi R8 4.2 S-Tronic
(Past) YouTube '21 F96 X6M ZCP Akrapovic/MSS/BC Forged, ‘18 G30 M550i, '18 G01 X3 M40i, '15 F10 M5 ZCP HRE S101 #1 & #2/Akrapovic, ‘13 W204 C63 AMG - ADV1 5.01SL's
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #73
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

so got some inspiration from Roswell's custom steering wheel and Ledermanz said they can design and shape the wheel exactly like Roswell's (carbon fiber wheel) vs the original design (2nd picture) except without the carbon fiber since they don't have the means to do it yet. you probably think they are the same but the difference is the sides. with the carbon fiber wheel you can see the sides have more contoured shape to it. so i went against with what people thought might not looked good only because i've Google searched every image with the all black and tho it's nice i just wanted to set mine off to be different so here's what i ordered.

they were able to get the same leather material as my interior which is cinnamon. so the bottom portion will be cinnamon leather with a 12 o'clock cinnamon stripe on top. black leather on top and middle. and the sides will be black alcantara...however, he will do preforated black leather on the sides and show me and than show me what alcantara would look like. and to finish it off cinnamon stitching. i'll probably order the carbon fiber insert to give it another contrast? maybe not for everyone but i think it'll look sweet! if you look at the carbon steering wheel picture Roswell has the same cinnamon interior so you can get an idea with the design and color choices you could probably imagine what it would look like.

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 11-29-2015 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #74
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

^^ can't wait to see ur custom steering wheel! It should look sweet like ur custom new wheels

Props for being different!
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2015, 06:10 AM   #75
Jet in Oz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
they were able to get the same leather material as my interior which is cinnamon. so the bottom portion will be cinnamon leather with a 12 o'clock cinnamon stripe on top. black leather on top and middle. and the sides will be black alcantara...however, he will do preforated black leather on the sides and show me and than show me what alcantara would look like. and to finish it off cinnamon stitching. i'll probably order the carbon fiber insert to give it another contrast? maybe not for everyone but i think it'll look sweet! if you look at the carbon steering wheel picture Roswell has the same cinnamon interior so you can get an idea with the design and color choices you could probably imagine what it would look like.
Really? Not too sure about that mix of colours, contours and materials but looking forward to seeing the end result.
E36 328 Convertible - Montreal Blue
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #76
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
so got some inspiration from Roswell's custom steering wheel and Ledermanz said they can design and shape the wheel exactly like Roswell's (carbon fiber wheel) vs the original design (2nd picture) except without the carbon fiber since they don't have the means to do it yet. you probably think they are the same but the difference is the sides. with the carbon fiber wheel you can see the sides have more contoured shape to it. so i went against with what people thought might not looked good only because i've Google searched every image with the all black and tho it's nice i just wanted to set mine off to be different so here's what i ordered.

Wow awesome can't wait to see the end product I'm sure it will look awesome. How much is it gonna run you for everything?
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #77
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow awesome can't wait to see the end product I'm sure it will look awesome. How much is it gonna run you for everything?
$450 + $50 shipping so for $500 you get a custom wheel any color and style you want. leather, preforated and alcantara...didn't matter it was a flat $450.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:59 PM   #78
Alcenos
Field Marshal 🔱
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition (F90)

Garage List
If it is not too late to chime in with my 2 cents...I always say that less is more. I would go with all black on the wheel, but for some contrast it may look cool and subtle if the stitching matched your interior color.

Is the LCI M Sport wheel an option?
2002 E46 325i - Space Grey (retired)
1999 E46 328i - Orient Blue (retired)
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #79
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
so the bottom portion will be cinnamon leather with a 12 o'clock cinnamon stripe on top. black leather on top and middle. and the sides will be black alcantara...however, he will do preforated black leather on the sides and show me and than show me what alcantara would look like. and to finish it off cinnamon stitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet in Oz View Post
Really? Not too sure about that mix of colours...
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcenos View Post
If it is not too late to chime in with my 2 cents...I always say that less is more.
And this

That said, I've spoken on this before, you already know I agree with Jet in Oz and Alcenos. It's your car, your money, hope it turns out better than you're expecting it to, good luck.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #80
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
$450 + $50 shipping so for $500 you get a custom wheel any color and style you want. leather, preforated and alcantara...didn't matter it was a flat $450.
Awesome price. I'll be doing mine sometime during the beginning of next year hopefully also. Focusing on this audio upgrade first.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #81
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome price. I'll be doing mine sometime during the beginning of next year hopefully also. Focusing on this audio upgrade first.
This will be my last upgrade for the year until March when I start shopping for coilovers. But eventually I'll get to the audio.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #82
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

I agree with everyone here, do all black leather & as I did I requested brown stitching on my CF wheel to match the interior. Very subtle in the pic as u can see, but in person it looks perfect. I thought about adding a brown pinstripe at 12 o clock but changed my mind for a cleaner look.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #83
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

You guys SUCK! because it makes me think!

I value your guy's opinion and the reason why I post for everyone's input. Roswell's wheel looks sweet and the carbon fiber gives it that pop with the black leather. I'm wondering if just the all black leather steering wheel will be too subtle? But...but I think adding the carbon fiber accent trim under the airbag with the brown stitching will be fine for me. so no go on the preforated sides or alcantara sides for contrast?

Do you guys by chance know if this is for my steering wheel? It says all F10 but I don't know if the msport controls are different than the non M's?

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 12-01-2015 at 10:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #84
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
You guys SUCK!
Glad we can help.

Perforated sides get my vote, that'll give the wheel a nice pop, and it feels much nicer than plain leather to touch, in my opinion that's really all the "pop" you need on a steering wheel. Also, I think carbon fiber as you've shown in the last photo will give you that "extra something" you're after. Just get the stitching to match your interior seat leather (unless you prefer M colors, which also look very nice in person and go well with daytime colors on the gauges and dash), perforated sides and black leather all around no accents of any kind. I think that'll look great - scratch that, I KNOW that looks great
Appreciate 2
      12-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #85
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Awesome on the perforated leather advice! I was thinking all black leather might be too subtle for me but the preforated sides now puts me at ease! Brown stitching for sure but do those carbon fiber control covers look like they will fit?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 02:22 AM   #86
Jet in Oz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Glad we can help.

Perforated sides get my vote, that'll give the wheel a nice pop, and it feels much nicer than plain leather to touch, in my opinion that's really all the "pop" you need on a steering wheel. Also, I think carbon fiber as you've shown in the last photo will give you that "extra something" you're after. Just get the stitching to match your interior seat leather (unless you prefer M colors, which also look very nice in person and go well with daytime colors on the gauges and dash), perforated sides and black leather all around no accents of any kind. I think that'll look great - scratch that, I KNOW that looks great
Yeah Baby, yeah! Keep it clean and simple Gene which is what you have achieved to date You don't want it looking gawdy cos it'll smack you in the shnoz every day you look at it and give you a nose bleed
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2015, 02:29 AM   #87
Jet in Oz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Awesome on the perforated leather advice! I was thinking all black leather might be too subtle for me but the preforated sides now puts me at ease! Brown stitching for sure but do those carbon fiber control covers look like they will fit?
I have had non-M Sport and M Sport and I recall them being the same. It's a blank they use to accommodate controls for extras/options. The real question is whether it is an LCI steering wheel as that is slightly different?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #88
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

this guy just posted a steering wheel for sale but it doesn't have the flat bottom.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1201130
Appreciate 0