2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 550i N63 Engine Jerking At Idle, Please help!

03-31-2022, 04:47 PM   #1
Bimmerson123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 550i GT

550i N63 Engine Jerking At Idle, Please help!

Hello guys,

So, my 2010 550i gt was misfiring on bank2(all cylinders)
And it threw me some codes and DTM for misfiring and rich mixture codes.
Did a smoke test and turbo diverter valve(=wastegate actuator/electric valve)
was leaking, so I changed it. After the replacement, only the cylinders 6 and 8 were misfiring, so I decided to swap the spark plugs and coils to see if they are the issue.

While taking out the plugs and coils, I realized the coils were broken, so I replaced the plugs and coils on the 6 and 8.

After the replacement, dtm was gone and the codes weren't showing up for a couple weeks.

However, I felt like the car was slowly going back to the condition that I had before the replacement and it started throwing DTM and codes for rich mixture and misfiring on cylinder 8 only.

I haven't taken out the plug and coil to see yet, but I have a strong feeling that they have gone bad again.

My question is, what could cause the spark plug and coil pack to go bad so quickly. (It's only been 2 weeks and the issue I'm experiencing is identical as before, but less severe)

Could anyone share his or her insights on this please )
Appreciate 0