2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Engine Management Light Issue - EGR Related

03-22-2022, 09:37 AM   #1
leonardgabriel25
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 530D

Engine Management Light Issue - EGR Related

Hi guys,

Hope you all well.

Got a 2010 530D and recently been facing some issues with the EGR I believe according to ISTA. Last summer EML came on, checked with ISTA and all and it was revealed to be a blocked EGR. Went on and replaced the EGR with a brand new unit and everything was ok for the next few weeks.

After, the car started popping up Drivetrain errors on the dash with no EML but that drivetrain error on the idrive would just diseappear after 5 seconds on its own. Left it for a few weeks as car has not had any symptoms whatsoever and checked with ISTA again a few weeks back now just to see the errors that are in the picture below. (255B00. 282F00. 272E00, 282B00, 282C00). Has anyone got any clue what might be wrong here? The EGR is technically new, it was registered, the adaptations were made several times with no luck. Anyone able to shed some light?

Also, one more thing, the parking sensors seem to be playing up, start the car up put the car in reverse straight away, they all work as usual, give it 5 seconds, error pops up and they stop working? Anyone got any idea for this one as well?

Thanks in advance guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 08:41 PM   #2
auntulna
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d, 2005 Passat TDI

Got a 2014 535d Xdrive, USA. This car has two EGR coolers! There is a 10 year emissions system warranty here, and I just had the cooler attached to the exhaust manifold replaced because of an error code. They wouldn't show me the part because of "warranty", maybe have to send it back to the company? It's running fine now, and no CEL.

Yours may only have the one at the front of the motor, but the cooler is as suspect as the valve, and I would ask to have both of those checked again. Also, maybe they didn't connect them properly?
Appreciate 0