2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Base Seats

10-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
jprandkpr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue

Base Seats

Hi Everyone, My wife is thinking about a cpo 535i GT. This particular one doesn't have the sport package or the comfort seat option. Can someone comment on how comfortable the stock seats are? Are there enough adjustments on the stock seats? I have a 335i with sport package and am happy with them. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Sort of depends on you and your body size and shape. The base seats are decent. I'm pretty tall, and like the optional seat's ability for the thigh extender which I do not think is in the base seats. But, fore-aft, and height range is about the same, and the lumbar support is flexible, but the optional seats are more flexible. I like the ventilation and also have the heat, and the comfort seats also have some motors to move around the seat base which is nice on a long trip.

Most people don't throw their vehicles around, so adjusting the bolsters to hold you in place better isn't a big deal, but may be for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprandkpr View Post
Hi Everyone, My wife is thinking about a cpo 535i GT. This particular one doesn't have the sport package or the comfort seat option. Can someone comment on how comfortable the stock seats are? Are there enough adjustments on the stock seats? I have a 335i with sport package and am happy with them. Thanks in advance.
No sport package? That's a shame

What year are you looking at?

Try to find one with the sports package and comfort seats option (this is a GranTurismo, it is meant to be comfortable for long journeys, but also sporty and fun to drive). It may be a tad more, but trust me, you'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
Darkshear
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 2019 M5 Comp

I'm 5'8" 138lbs and there was little difference between the base and comfort seats for me. The bolsters would have been nice but I can live without, and the heated option is available either way. BMW isn't notorious for their exceptional ventilated seats, they're so-so in comparison to others, however if your 5 has the ventilated options I believe that means you have the napa leather also? Which is sexy and soft but still little difference to your back-end

I drove a 535 M Sport with the standard seats then immediately drove an Active5 with the lux seating package, and other than the fact that the lux seats were REALLY nice looking lol, both were extremely comfortable and I don't believe you'll ever have a complaint, evar!

Now swap those base seats with some ///M5 seats.....that could be worth it
      12-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
a_Doctor
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F07

Garage List
if you buy F07 this car must have comfort seats.
whitout it gt is not gt
Appreciate 0