2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Enhancing Already Great Speakers

07-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
givenst3k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 535i Dp Sea Blue/Cinn Brwn

Enhancing Already Great Speakers

Has anyone replaced BMW's stock speakers with Bevarian Soundwerks (BSW) speakers...currently or previously I hear they are tailored for BMW's speakers. I'm looking for some feedback before I decide to invest.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
inny
Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: F10

Garage List
2011 BMW F10  [0.00]
1995 BMW E34  [0.00]
2007 BMW E60  [0.00]
On which model??

I picked the 677-option on my new car instead of replacing them later on as you mentioned investment.

Now if you have an F10 there's no speakers from BSW yet for the F10 unless there was an update the last 10hours.

Generally they are excellent. I have them on my e60 but price tag is almost the same as ordering the 677 option when ordering new car.

If you are going to replace your speakers (depends of the model) be cautious with the door air-bags ))
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
givenst3k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 535i Dp Sea Blue/Cinn Brwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by inny View Post
On which model??

I picked the 677-option on my new car instead of replacing them later on as you mentioned investment.

Now if you have an F10 there's no speakers from BSW yet for the F10 unless there was an update the last 10hours.

Generally they are excellent. I have them on my e60 but price tag is almost the same as ordering the 677 option when ordering new car.

If you are going to replace your speakers (depends of the model) be cautious with the door air-bags ))
I'll have to keep checking back to see if BSW makes speakers for my
2011 535i. Based on your experience, are the BSW speakers that much of an upgrade over the BMW stock speakers?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
inny
Private
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW F10  [0.00]
1995 BMW E34  [0.00]
2007 BMW E60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by givenst3k View Post
I'll have to keep checking back to see if BSW makes speakers for my
2011 535i. Based on your experience, are the BSW speakers that much of an upgrade over the BMW stock speakers?
BMW has one of the worst sound system in my opinion (this opinion is based as an audio maniac), my dad that drives my car says the sound system its good.

Surely upgrading to BSW speakers will give you some boost but then again depends why you need to change them. You wanna change them to put the volume a little bit high? Quality?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
efftee
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 530i e60

Quote:
BMW has one of the worst sound system in my opinion (this opinion is based as an audio maniac), my dad that drives my car says the sound system its good.

Surely upgrading to BSW speakers will give you some boost but then again depends why you need to change them. You wanna change them to put the volume a little bit high? Quality?
I agree BMW has the worst sound system relative to the brand and price of its cars, all my past to current BMs have sounded very mediocre at best. I opted for the Professional system with 16 speakers on my soon to be delivered F10 and have been hearing it's not that much better. If I wanted to upgrade sound quality, what are my options? Don't need Surround, just overall better audio, especially at low to mid volume. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 05:19 AM   #6
KinG12sKy
First Lieutenant
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: Evoque, RR Vogue AutoBio, M4

yea im actually waiting for the BSW for the F10 to come out too and see what their complete package upgrade comes up to.. would be interesting cox with the Hi-Fi sound package it still sucks..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #7
inny
Private
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW F10  [0.00]
1995 BMW E34  [0.00]
2007 BMW E60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by efftee View Post
I agree BMW has the worst sound system relative to the brand and price of its cars, all my past to current BMs have sounded very mediocre at best. I opted for the Professional system with 16 speakers on my soon to be delivered F10 and have been hearing it's not that much better. If I wanted to upgrade sound quality, what are my options? Don't need Surround, just overall better audio, especially at low to mid volume. Thanks.
I opted for the Professional system too, dealer said its quite an improvement so I guess I have to wait. The good part is that you have 16slots to upgrade with top quality speakers but the downside is that replacing 16speakers will at least cost 1000$, always speaking that the amplifier is not a bottleneck or the source unit.

I can post more of the audio when i get my hands on an f10 with pro system. Maybe its an idea to give some more power (2nd amplifier) to the subs (along with possible replacement) to reach low frequencies.

From what i read in the past when i searched in this forum, people are quite satisfied with the pro system. Although not all
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
efftee
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 530i e60

Quote:
I opted for the Professional system too, dealer said its quite an improvement so I guess I have to wait. The good part is that you have 16slots to upgrade with top quality speakers but the downside is that replacing 16speakers will at least cost 1000$, always speaking that the amplifier is not a bottleneck or the source unit.

I can post more of the audio when i get my hands on an f10 with pro system. Maybe its an idea to give some more power (2nd amplifier) to the subs (along with possible replacement) to reach low frequencies.

From what i read in the past when i searched in this forum, people are quite satisfied with the pro system. Although not all
Yeah, good idea to give it a chance before writing it off. I've not read any raving reviews about it so my expectations are rather low, which might not be a bad thing.

I don't think you'll have to worry about the low end, within the small confined space, I doubt the bass will suffer much. If anything, it's the midrange that I'll be picking on. Looking for clear, rich mids so vocals sound like the singer is sitting next to you.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #9
lgk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

easy direct fit upgrade-and its O.E.

The best upgrade of the speakers is to use the speakers that came with the individual system M cars. the speakers are much improved and fit directly in the factors sports. You must however order the woofer, tweeter, crossover and set of wires given the speakers is wired to the crossover in kind of a weird way. Once figured out it was a snap and it sounds signidicantly better with those speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #10
inny
Private
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW F10  [0.00]
1995 BMW E34  [0.00]
2007 BMW E60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
The best upgrade of the speakers is to use the speakers that came with the individual system M cars. the speakers are much improved and fit directly in the factors sports. You must however order the woofer, tweeter, crossover and set of wires given the speakers is wired to the crossover in kind of a weird way. Once figured out it was a snap and it sounds signidicantly better with those speakers
You mean branded? Harman-Kardon and Bang & Olufsen?

When you order a brand new 3-series instead of Hi-Fi Professional you have the option 688 Loundspeaker System harman/kardon surround sound while for the 6 series you have the option 6F2 B&O Advanced Audio System.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

Have ordered Business Speakers on my why-isn't-it-here-yet F10. Standard speakers on my E91 are appalling, and nice though the pro-speakers option would have been I have to pay hard currency for any options (company car).
      07-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
lgk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

The speakers I speak of are the speakers from BMW's Individual system pre-dating the B&O system. There is an individual system made by Dirac (5 series still uses Dirac software) that has an 800 watt amp. It has speakers that were a much higher quality that the best system currently available in the 5 and 7. The midrange speakers were $179 each. IF you look at realoem.com and take a look at the standard system on the M3 in america you will see what I speak of.
Appreciate 0