2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Damaged and Undone Door Seals on Delivery

09-27-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
joy5
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: xDrive30d M Sport

Damaged and Undone Door Seals on Delivery

Washed my car for the first time couple of weeks ago and dicovered the front passenger door seal on the frame (not on the door) was slightly damaged. It was visible with a closer look. It is small but obviously can grow with time. Also found that near side rear door seal (on the door) was hanging (about 6 inches of length) that the plastic holders were not fitted properly.

I was little disappointed to see these in a premium price car. I just fixed the second issue by just pushing the plastic nobs in, but drove to show the damage to the dealer. They have arranged an walk in appointment with the service department for an inspection.

I had to drive to the dealership for the second time just to show the problem, but was told their approving manager is not in so to come again.

last Saturday I went in to get the seal replaced but to find out they have ordered the wrong seal (for E60).

... so that's another trip to the service department this weekend

Anyone got similar experience?
      09-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
smanoj77
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i

I'm having issues fixing my DLR although I didn't have to make as many trips. I took my car to them over 2 weeks ago. They looked at the electrics and connection to find the cause. They said everything seemed to be working fine and cannot work out why the DLRs were not working. This is after I waited at the showroom for a couple of hours.
As per their advice I took the car again to them a week ago, to leave the car with them for the whole day. They still haven't fixed the issue. They said they have downloaded the info from my car's 'brain' and have sent it to the german headquarters.
I am still waiting to hear from them.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5 View Post
Washed my car for the first time couple of weeks ago and dicovered the front passenger door seal on the frame (not on the door) was slightly damaged. It was visible with a closer look. It is small but obviously can grow with time. Also found that near side rear door seal (on the door) was hanging (about 6 inches of length) that the plastic holders were not fitted properly.

I was little disappointed to see these in a premium price car. I just fixed the second issue by just pushing the plastic nobs in, but drove to show the damage to the dealer. They have arranged an walk in appointment with the service department for an inspection.

I had to drive to the dealership for the second time just to show the problem, but was told their approving manager is not in so to come again.

last Saturday I went in to get the seal replaced but to find out they have ordered the wrong seal (for E60).

Lesson: never wash your own car. It only leads to this kind of grief.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5 View Post

Anychance of posting a pic? Would be useful to compare for others to compare/look out for.
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
joy5
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: xDrive30d M Sport

Now I got the door seal replaced.

Here are some photos of the damaged door seal - sorry for the delay in posting these.