2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Lets get a rap thread going

12-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Lets get a rap thread going

I see a dubstep thread and other music threads so I figured I would start a rap thread. I feel like theres a new mixtape coming out everyday. Post songs you like or even discuss different artists.

Post an one artist only with your favorite songs by this artist and maybe an experiance youve had with this song ie concerts
Also feel free to post lyrics you enjoy like lines not the whole song

Ill start:
J cole is one of the best artist

Last edited by CPWINCH; 12-08-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Glad somebody finally did this!

Here was an excerpt from one of the funniest bloggers that reviews hip hop rappers:

2. Yung Berg

Callin this ***** a failure is not givin him enough credit namsayin. Straight up. Technically this ***** has already mastered failure n moved on to the level that comes after failin tho. Son has evolved past bein a regular failin ass *****. This ***** has developed his own science when it comes to that shit....its "quantum failure" nahmean. This ***** can fail without even bein awake yo. Son can fail in a dream n bring that shit back wit him to his conscious state namsayin. The ***** can inception fail his way thru life. The ***** can find the fail buried 4 levels deeper under the failure that you actually see. The ***** can fail about 78 times per heartbeat g. In fact by the time you finish readin this sentence the ***** will have failed approximately 468 times namsayin. This ***** is usin methods of failure that *****s aint even seen since the ancient Mayans n Egyptians was on earth still yo. This ***** is usin approaches to failin that brought upon the destructions of entire ancient civilizations son. Think its a game yo? This ***** takes his failure very fuckin seriously son. He dont want no failures happenin unless he involved. No chains snatched...no faces smacked...no nothin. A ***** falls off his bike in the park....he wants IN.

http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/...s-in-game.html
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Wiz Khalifa, Drake, Lil Wayne, Wale, Rick Ross and about every other mainstream rap artist today is exactly why rap sucks. Things went way downhill in the early 2000's... People like Jay-Z are still OK but even his music has turned incredibly mainstream.
      12-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
Wiz Khalifa, Drake, Lil Wayne, Wale, Rick Ross and about every other mainstream rap artist today is exactly why rap sucks. Things went way downhill in the early 2000's... People like Jay-Z are still OK but even his music has turned incredibly mainstream.
So, what rappers do you like?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
I don't like J. Cole at all. I know he is the hype right now, but I can't get into him at all. I kind of like Wiz Khalifa actually, but its because he reminds me of Too Short, who I have always liked.

One of my favorite rappers ever: Slick Rick

Edit: I've been playing this album lately.. Tech Nine is the shit right now (and always has been)

Don't click the red box that say click here to play... just hit the play button... the link takes you to a new song.. kinda stupid they did that.
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
So, what rappers do you like?
Nas (his good Shit), unfortunately he hasn't evolved well at all

Eminem - where there is lyrical quality on almost everything even though he has gone very mainstream with the Rihanna songs

2pac / Biggie - obviously although they aren't exactly relevant today

Lupe Fiasco / Kid Cudi's older stuff

Common

Ludacris

Jay-Z's older stuff

Dr.Dre

Mobb Deep and Bone Thugs

Oh and by the way no one from Cash Money is good or ever has been; they just developed an amazing marketing strategy for their artists and went with something that would appeal for the mainstream.
      12-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
^ One of the best lists we will end up seeing in this thread...

That being said...

2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #8
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

to be honest if you are hating on wiz it is becuase you only heard him now.

listen to that whole mixtape. THan download kush and oj and flight school you will have a new found respcet.
      12-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Eminem - where there is lyrical quality on almost everything even though he has gone very mainstream with the Rihanna songs

Common

Ludacris

Jay-Z's older stuff

Dr.Dre

Mobb Deep and Bone Thugs

Oh and by the way no one from Cash Money is good or ever has been; they just developed an amazing marketing strategy for their artists and went with something that would appeal for the mainstream.

Cudi is so gay now.
Jay z reasonable doubt

I love your choices especially luda and nas i saw them both. So sick

Curren$y used to be in cash money. give him a listen. hes amazing

Chevy Woods is in Taylor Gang with wiz his new mixtape the cokoout is real good

12-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

I'm a fan of YMCMB.

Lyrically, I think Drake is the best among that group and his recent album kilt it for me. Drake's albums have always been something I listen to for months and not be bored with it. His recent one is another example.

Wiz and Mac are also some of my favorites but mainly their older stuff... mainstream is ok but B.A.R. and Kush and OJ is the Wiz i like to listen too.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
When this video first dropped I couldn't get enough of it....

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Common
Ludacris
Jay-Z's older stuff

Dr.Dre

Mobb Deep and Bone Thugs

I'd agree with most of your selections. Luda recently killed drake on a diss tape. Met Common before, he is one of the realest cats out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
I'm a fan of YMCMB.

Lyrically, I think Drake is the best among that group and his recent album kilt it for me. Drake's albums have always been something I listen to for months and not be bored with it. His recent one is another example.

Wiz and Mac are also some of my favorites but mainly their older stuff... mainstream is ok but B.A.R. and Kush and OJ is the Wiz i like to listen too.
The track "Lord Knows" produced by just blaze made me go ape shit. I mean that beat goes so hard I get teary eyed.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
to be honest if you are hating on wiz it is becuase you only heard him now.

listen to that whole mixtape. THan download kush and oj and flight school you will have a new found respcet.
I can one up you. I went to a musical festival where Ludacris and Wiz Khalifa were two of the headliners. The last night was Wiz Khalifa so I figured I'd go to see what the fuss was about. So I get there and the first thing I notice is the crowd at this concert; which is about the same as one would see at a Britney Spears concert. It was all white high school kids with their girlfriends; literally about no one over the age of 20; the festival itself was attended by people upwards of 50 at the other concerts.

Second; Wiz Khalifa put on quite possibly one of the worst rap concerts I have eve been to (and I have been to about 10 all by better rap artists than him). Every single song was about exactly the same thing and sounded near identical; Black and Yellow as well as On my level where the only songs that caught my attention as being different.

Third; he acted like a moron the entire concert and from the way he talked; it sounded like he had absolutely no English skills.

Moral of the story - I am sure he has some rapping skills but so do a lot of other people; Jin was a great freestyler and certainly could rap but he could never translate that into a great album. The list that I named was one where each artist - can put on a great concert; be great at free styling and mixtapes and could as well put out albums with meaning and lyrical quality while remaining mainstream.

I am afraid this doesn't exist anymore.
      12-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

If you guys don't know about J Dilla, please educate yourself. He was and (RIP) is the best in the rap game IMO.

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
50 Cent was by far the worst rap concert I have ever been to. Fabolous opened for him, which I found insulting, but 50 was the hottest out at the time. Fab was amazing to see, 50 was simply awful.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #16
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I have been to a lot of rap concerts but surprisingly no one put on a show like DMX believe it or not. The amount of energy he had on stage and the way he could keep the crowd hyped was amazing. The Nas (my favorite rapper) concert I went to was actually terrible; he does not sound good live at all. I've seen the Game in concert as well and he was also one of the better ones as well as Lupe where he killed a full instrumental version of "hip hop saved my life".
      12-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #17
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
^ Got to hang out with DMX for an entire day.. long story, but by far one of the coolest dudes I have hung with, and one of the best rap shows I have ever seen. About to go grab some food, but I might type out the story later on.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
50 Cent was by far the worst rap concert I have ever been to. Fabolous opened for him, which I found insulting, but 50 was the hottest out at the time. Fab was amazing to see, 50 was simply awful.
Funny you should say that because I actually went to a Ciara concert that Fab would be opening at (the only reason I went). Fabolous killed it and everyone left the main Ciara concert (lol).
      12-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #19
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
I have been to a lot of rap concerts but surprisingly no one put on a show like DMX believe it or not. The amount of energy he had on stage and the way he could keep the crowd hyped was amazing. The Nas (my favorite rapper) concert I went to was actually terrible; he does not sound good live at all. I've seen the Game in concert as well and he was also one of the better ones as well as Lupe where he killed a full instrumental version of "hip hop saved my life".

Auburn University had a free Lupe Concert for students and it was probably the best concert I've been too. Lupe knows how to put on a show for sure!

I also went to mac miller/wiz concert and it was ok. I was just happy to hear him live.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #20
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

fresh tracks:

(premo slick rick collab in 2011 - WHAT?!!)

Slick Rick - Need Some Bad (prod. DJ Premier)

(off the new roots album from 2 days ago)

The Roots - Make My (feat. Big KRIT)

Hasan Salaam - Musical Chairs

Koncept - Aspirations (feat. Soul Khan)

and of course classics on heavy rotation:

Smif-n-Wessun - Let's Git it On

Nas - Purple

AZ - The Come Up

Gang Starr - As I Read my S-A

Crooklyn Dodgers - Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers (95)

Mobb Deep - Hell on Earth

Outkast - Da Art of Storytellin (feat. Slick Rick)

Last edited by yakev724; 12-08-2011 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #21
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I feel you on wiz quest. I think it really depends on your demographic. Im young and can relate to what he raps about so i guess it appeals to me. If you dont blaze you wont like wiz.

Im surprised none has mentioned Outkast. They are the best rap duo

12-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #22
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

theres gotta be a way to make this thread more orgainized. Maybe when you post just post about one rrapper and post good songs you think people should here. ya know what i mean?