2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Good Deal
View Poll Results: Is this a good deal ??
Yes, Great Deal Run run now.. 2 28.57%
No, average deal 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

09-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
aman27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 x35i MSport

Good Deal

I am looking to come out of an E550 to an F10 and seem to have found what looks like a good deal, although without the Sports Package and Multi Contour Seats i desire. But to me this deal seems to good to pass up.

2011 550i RWD
Convenience Package, Driver Assistance Package, and Navigation System.
$45k
Clean Title, Clean Carfax

The car was registered as a Commerical vehicle for about 13months.

I did some research on MMR and with this many miles its almost at dealer cost price.

Since you guys know this car inside out .. is this a fair price ? A good deal ? Please help i dont want to miss out on this deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Andrey
Average Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, Gone 2011 BMW 550i,

Sounds more like asking price....
You will want to get multicontour seats, sport transmission, and all of those little things that come with it make a big difference.
That's a lot of money for the car, so you need to be 100% satisfied with it.
Let's put it this way, in a bout a year from now are you gonna be happy with it or you gonna wish you spent an extra $1000 and got the top of the line model. You can get a fullly loaded 550i f10 in that ball park!!! check out my pictures, i bought mine in the high 40s.
If that car has no multicontour seats, it means that whoever bought it, didn't want to spend money on luxury car. So i say keep looking and negotiating a better car!!
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
aman27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 x35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Sounds more like asking price....
You will want to get multicontour seats, sport transmission, and all of those little things that come with it make a big difference.
That's a lot of money for the car, so you need to be 100% satisfied with it.
Let's put it this way, in a bout a year from now are you gonna be happy with it or you gonna wish you spent an extra $1000 and got the top of the line model. You can get a fullly loaded 550i f10 in that ball park!!! check out my pictures, i bought mine in the high 40s.
If that car has no multicontour seats, it means that whoever bought it, didn't want to spend money on luxury car. So i say keep looking and negotiating a better car!!
Good luck!
I have done a national search and based on price, miles, and MY .. this one seems to be one of the best in the country.

Just put it into Autotrader or cars.com
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

is it a good deal? ya appears to be a good price. however what you need to realize is that your spending a lot of money. why get something you will not be happy with? i'm not a very rigid person when it comes to options but my two non-negotiables were M sport package (car looks much better with it IMO) and multi-contour seats. if you sit in the multi contour seats you will not want to go back, trust me. spend a little more and get what you truly want because if you dont you'll have buyers remorse and then lose more money trying to get rid of a non-desirable car.
Appreciate 0