2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bluetooth Audio Issue

11-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
dgrahamr
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Bluetooth Audio Issue

I have a 2013 BMW 550i. When I first got it, I was able to use Bluetooth audio from my iPhone for any source (so, if I had my iPhone connected by Bluetooth, if I played a Youtube video it played over the car's stereo, etc.). I found this useful for using the iPhone to play some audio sources. Then I got an iPhone 5 (so it is iOS 6), and that no longer works. Bluetooth audio is able to play the iPod songs on my iPhone, but all other audio, when played on my iPhone, is silent on the phone but doesn't play through the car's stereo. I have Bang & Olufsen audio if it makes a difference to this issue (I doubt it does).

Any idea what's going on? I've read the threads about the IOS 6 issues and don't see anyone who is having my issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
Ellmat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 3.0D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrahamr View Post
I have a 2013 BMW 550i. When I first got it, I was able to use Bluetooth audio from my iPhone for any source (so, if I had my iPhone connected by Bluetooth, if I played a Youtube video it played over the car's stereo, etc.). I found this useful for using the iPhone to play some audio sources. Then I got an iPhone 5 (so it is iOS 6), and that no longer works. Bluetooth audio is able to play the iPod songs on my iPhone, but all other audio, when played on my iPhone, is silent on the phone but doesn't play through the car's stereo. I have Bang & Olufsen audio if it makes a difference to this issue (I doubt it does).

Any idea what's going on? I've read the threads about the IOS 6 issues and don't see anyone who is having my issue.
Somewhere on this forum there is a recent thread that explains that the output of the iPhone 4 works differently to the iphone 5..this may help?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
dgrahamr
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmat View Post
Somewhere on this forum there is a recent thread that explains that the output of the iPhone 4 works differently to the iphone 5..this may help?
I read that thread, but it doesn't address this issue. If anyone does have any idea please let me know! Thanks.
Appreciate 0