2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Problems getting BMW ConnectedDrive to work? Do this...

05-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #1
Profssor
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550i

Problems getting BMW ConnectedDrive to work? Do this...

Hi,

I called BMW Assist today to check on the status of BMW ConnectedDrive, which has never worked for me... and low and behold... they have fixed the system.

According to the representative I spoke to, a completely new server system has been redesigned and they are switching customers over to the new system. The representative asked me to hold on while he transferred all of my information over to the new system, and 24 minutes later, he asked me to log out and log in to my ConnectedDrive app. I logged out and logged in, and then he asked me to test the features. I tested every feature, and every feature worked perfectly.

So... if you want your BMW ConnectedDrive app to work, call BMW Assist and ask them to transfer your information over to the new system. If they balk, tell them you know it can be done “real-time” and make them do it. You will be glad you did.

Joe
Appreciate 2
      05-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
philipm785
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profssor View Post
Hi,

I called BMW Assist today to check on the status of BMW ConnectedDrive, which has never worked for me... and low and behold... they have fixed the system.

According to the representative I spoke to, a completely new server system has been redesigned and they are switching customers over to the new system. The representative asked me to hold on while he transferred all of my information over to the new system, and 24 minutes later, he asked me to log out and log in to my ConnectedDrive app. I logged out and logged in, and then he asked me to test the features. I tested every feature, and every feature worked perfectly.

So... if you want your BMW ConnectedDrive app to work, call BMW Assist and ask them to transfer your information over to the new system. If they balk, tell them you know it can be done “real-time” and make them do it. You will be glad you did.

Joe
Thanks for posting this. I just tried calling as my services have been down for a few months now. I was told that there is indeed a new server, but it isn't working correctly for clients who were registered under the old system. No idea what any of this means other than their IT team lacking the competence to keep this feature running. I even read this post to the rep and they said that there are some cases where they can identify the issue in the account and fix it, but it's not universal. Apparently there is some talk of extending memberships once this is resolved, which seems to me like a reasonable minimum response for such a major black eye.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Profssor
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550i

I was registered under the old system and they transferred my information over. You should call them again and get another agent.

Joe
Appreciate 1