2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications M5 exhaust on 550i question

08-31-2017, 02:28 AM   #1
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Well, the mod bug bit me again, and here I am going to pick up this immaculately clean M5 exhaust tomorrow. I just got my M5 diffuser w/comfort access adapter from getbmwparts.com in the mail, so that just needs to be painted. I also picked up these nice exhaust tips. Overall, I feel pretty excited.

However, I just wanted to see what some of the forum users recommend in regards to installation to minimize drone that some experience. I've read up on all the threads I could find back to 2013 to get some background.

I really don't want drone so I'm trying to figure the best way to cut/install this exhaust. Some folks had the full system with the M5 X-pipe which I don't have, do I need one? I could search for an M5 one or aftermarket like supersprint makes a good one I've heard if I do. I've seen some folks say it helped with drone as long as you get the proper M5 crossmember and bushings.

Second question if there's no x-pipe in my future, should I just install the exhaust as is without any cutting vs. cutting at a specific point.

I forgot to mention I'm toying with the exhaustmeister idea since it's not too much more. Then once I get all this info together I'll look for a good shop near LA to get it installed.

Any advice you guys have is appreciated.
Attached Images

08-31-2017, 06:30 AM   #2
AldoNY
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i x drive

I got the same bug. Just Picked up a used set of m5 mufflers. I also purchased the exhaustmeister to have the option of it being louder at lower rpms. From what I read on the forums, as long as u keep the stock cat back to the muffler drone will be pretty much none.

I also bought the m5 inner lining. But mine has the comfort access holder on the opposite side, u were able to find one with the same location as stock?

Also how much did the tips cost? I'm trying to buff out the stock tips.... taking forever. Can't believe people leave that carbon build up on there tips.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldoNY View Post
I got the same bug. Just Picked up a used set of m5 mufflers. I also purchased the exhaustmeister to have the option of it being louder at lower rpms. From what I read on the forums, as long as u keep the stock cat back to the muffler drone will be pretty much none.

I also bought the m5 inner lining. But mine has the comfort access holder on the opposite side, u were able to find one with the same location as stock?

Also how much did the tips cost? I'm trying to buff out the stock tips.... taking forever. Can't believe people leave that carbon build up on there tips.
I think we bought the same M5 inner lining piece which switches the CA module to the opposite side but allows you not to have to hack up your old one.

Those tips are not the Cyba $485 set (that's as much as my entire exhaust almost) these are eBay ones I'll pm you a link later. Yeah I'm really leaning towards the exhaustmeister for the fun factor.
      08-31-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I got my set barely used for $200, I wonder if you could negotiate the price on these. A lot of times the prices listed are not what you have to pay, and I seem to remember his price was $275 not long ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-F10-M5-B...5YLAuu&vxp=mtr
      09-02-2017, 03:27 AM   #5
Enpethan
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i

Hi,
Can you post video clip after you installed m5 muffler? I looking for m5 muffler on my 535 too. Hope that you will have no drone. Thanks!
      09-02-2017, 06:58 AM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enpethan View Post
Hi,
Can you post video clip after you installed m5 muffler? I looking for m5 muffler on my 535 too. Hope that you will have no drone. Thanks!
there's a lot of YouTube videos of 535's with M5 exhaust if you type it in the search

jjh2oman, that M5 exhaust with those CF tips are gonna look SWEET!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #7
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enpethan View Post
Hi,
here is a few of mine:

Interior:
Appreciate 1