2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Back seat space

11-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Back seat space

Does anyone know if it's possible to fit two isofix child seats and a booster seat in the back of a 5 GT, I can't do it in a 5 series (can't do it in my V70 either), but I believe the 5 GT is slightly wider, so with the 3 seat bench is it possible?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
It FITS

Strictly speaking, you can fix 2 Isofix seats and a bosster in between comfortably ONLY in the X5.

The GT is certainly wider and with my two Isofix seats in tehre, there is MORE space in between but it is still not sufficient in my opinion for a regular booster seat. That being said, an adult can fit in and some models of child seats (with only the bottom cushion) will fit.

My suggestion is to take the seats in question with you and try it out on the demo-car, like I did.

The GT is a brilliant car and the more i drive/own it; the better it fits my life.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
satijntje
Rep
Drives: 530D GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
Strictly speaking, you can fix 2 Isofix seats and a bosster in between comfortably ONLY in the X5.

The GT is certainly wider and with my two Isofix seats in tehre, there is MORE space in between but it is still not sufficient in my opinion for a regular booster seat. That being said, an adult can fit in and some models of child seats (with only the bottom cushion) will fit.

My suggestion is to take the seats in question with you and try it out on the demo-car, like I did.

The GT is a brilliant car and the more i drive/own it; the better it fits my life.
Fully agree,
go to your dealer with the seats, try it and if it works on the GT you will be the happiest driver in townr.

John
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
giol
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i GT

I 've got two non-isofix child seats on the backseat and i have to agree that only a booster seat without side protection could fit .
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
jdubbs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i GT

Is it possible to position a child/baby seat in the middle of the back seat, assuming you don't have the luxury/executive rear seating package? So that you can put two adults on either side of the child seat?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbs View Post
Is it possible to position a child/baby seat in the middle of the back seat, assuming you don't have the luxury/executive rear seating package? So that you can put two adults on either side of the child seat?
There are a couple of potential problems.
First, there is no isofix/latch/UAS anchor for center seat. You do have the tether anchor, however.
Second, it depends on the width of your car seat. The middle section of the back row is quite narrow, and the seat belt buckles are located on both sides. After you put in your car seat, it is very likely that the two adults on either side would not have access to the seat belt buckles, are they are covered by the car seat!

This was what happened when I tried installing a Sunshine Kids Radian65 in the middle - it just didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
giol
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i GT

I have tried putting the child seat (0,1+ type ) in the middle and fit 2 adults on the sides but it is not confortable. The best option is to put the seat on one side and fit the 2 adults next to each other , it worked for me better.
Appreciate 0