2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) I'm about to collapse, help me.... (order problems)

07-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
yogi799
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 535i

I'm about to collapse, help me.... (order problems)

So, 7 weeks after ordering a 535i here in Canada, I have been informed that the production has not even began. The dealer has no idea why, apparently the factory is making mostly the X-drives and I's are delayed. Me and 5 other I customers are waiting in vain... Ordered mid May, she said I am not in the July production which means I will not be seeing my car until AT LEAST the end of OCTOBER, --->>>> which then means I will be getting a 2012 --->>> which then means... that I may not get the car at all!!! If they jack up the rate on me, the dealer will refund my deposit and walk from the deal!

I have never purchased a new car before, but this BMW experience surely sucks as hell and I am seriously disappointed. My cust. serv. manager was pissed off herself, unable to find out why. Her distribution people (Canada) are skimping on information. Noone seems to know what the hell is happening. The X-drives are coming in as scheduled.

This seriously sucks... 7 weeks of waiting to learn this.

Any such problems in the US, guys?

Kill time at the pump!
http://logmympg.com
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Presice
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

your situation sounds kind of fishy. I ordered an F10 around the end of May and I should be picking it up next week. Mine is a 528i. My dealer was able to check for production spots when I signed the papers to ensure that the car would be built. Not sure if this is different for Canada. I hope that they didn't screw up your order or even worse, forget to order it completely. If I had to wait 6 months for a "normal" car, I'd find something else.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
yogi799
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 535i

I know... seems very suspicious unless Canada HQ is messed up and not doing their jobs right (although apparently the X-drives are coming in just fine). I cannot possibly imagine the dealer trying to screw me, even though I did negotiate a much lower price, would that possibly be the reason?? (unlikely... why would they approved the deal in the first place?).

I will make some phone calls tomorrow to try confirm this story.

In a way, I don't despair too much as possibly the 2012 will fix the hesitation and other issues, but looks like I might be getting that darn auto start/stop feature which sounds scary (poor starter...)

Kill time at the pump!
http://logmympg.com
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Suppose what if the dealer is willing to keep your original deal intact and give you a 2012 instead, then why not ? In this scenario, it's a win / win for you since you are a big discount. As for 2012, potential buyers may be able to get 5% or so off.
Appreciate 0