2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Sport Auto retro fit?

07-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
22andcounting
Private
Rep
Drives: 520d Sophisto Grey/Cinnamon

Sport Auto retro fit?

Having just driven a 520d which had the sport auto option - paddle shifters plus Driving Dynamic Control, I have fallen in love with the car's drive in the SPORT mode, the throttle and steering changes are sublime, plus the autobox just comes alive in this mode.

My dealer salesman knew nothing of this option and labelled it as some extra transmission settings and paddle shifters, somewthin I was not interested in, but failed to mention, or didnt know it really meant Driving Dynamic Control.

Has anyone had this retro fitted? I am assuming its mainly software, a switch, a new trim panel around the gear lever and the paddle shifts - i already have the sports wheel (i remember loads of people retro fitting paddle shifts to previous bmws without much problem)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Cannot be retrofit according to my dealer. I was even interested in just the shifter, but apparently that is a different part number and the computer will not accept it.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

Yeah no retrofit.

I only got it on mine after reading stuff in here first.

I recall a while ago someone on here got a new F11 535d fully loaded and missed (or their dealer missed) sports auto off and it was enough to make the owner immediately sell he car and order a replacement. I assume dealer gave them a good px price if it was their mistake!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
22andcounting
Private
Rep
Drives: 520d Sophisto Grey/Cinnamon

After two days with this car, and a 300 mile trip today seriously considering swapping in my 520se for an msport with sport auto, man it's a totally different drive, so connected and feels brilliant, stunned by how supple the ride is on msport chassis, 19"s and Michelin run flats , this certainly the set up to go for
Appreciate 0