2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Opinions wanted

04-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #23
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

I'll be the extra extra minority and say I don't like the wheels or the color either way. Secondly BMW owners (besides females) know exactly how a stock BMW looks and non BMW owners couldn't even tell you what BMW stands for let alone if it's modded or not. You won't be fooling anyone, Go Big or Go Home! That's my opinion. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but you asked.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #24
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
I'll be the extra extra minority and say I don't like the wheels or the color either way. Secondly BMW owners (besides females) know exactly how a stock BMW looks and non BMW owners couldn't even tell you what BMW stands for let alone if it's modded or not. You won't be fooling anyone, Go Big or Go Home! That's my opinion. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but you asked.
Not trying to fool anyone. I understand I am in the minority by liking a stock looking car. Personally I like these wheels because they look stock but are 20" and have some concavity. In any event I made up my mind already and have dropped the wheels off for refinishing again back to stock OEM silver.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 10:40 PM   #25
Vapiano
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 550ix AW- 2007 Dinan M5

Both look good, I prefer the original factory color, the spoiler and roof add a nice touch without over doing it.
2007 M5, 6 speed, Silver Gray Metallic, Full Black Merino Leather, Brushed Ti Trim, HUD, Active M Comfort Seats/Heated & Cooled, Navi, Premium Sound, HK L7, Active Steering/Suspension, PDC, Rear & Side Sunshades, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Voice Command, Custom S/W, Passport 9500ci w/jammers, Dinan High Flow Air Mass Meter/Intakes, CF Front Strut Brace, S1 Suspension & Free Flow Exhaust, Evolve S2 Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:29 AM   #26
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
Not trying to fool anyone. I understand I am in the minority by liking a stock looking car. Personally I like these wheels because they look stock but are 20" and have some concavity. In any event I made up my mind already and have dropped the wheels off for refinishing again back to stock OEM silver.
I went and looked at your car again and the stock 7 series m sport wheels do look pretty good, I'm just thinking if your gonna lay out some cash for wheels get something that looks better than stock. But you like what you like and I get that, I agree the stock silver is the better color choice. I was just egging you on to do more, no offense man your car looks great.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:58 PM   #27
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
Your car looks great! I'm driving with OEM+ look at the moment.
      04-23-2016, 10:57 PM   #28
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

OEM+ is the only way to keep it classy and mitigate resale loss. In this case, I find returning to the original silver finish would be mandatory. Wheels are the single most prominent feature on a car, altering the color/finish on a wheel scars the originality causing and sort of an imitation effect sets in. Wheels end up looking like an ebay special. Leave the Hyper Silver to Lexus. I expect a photo update when you make 'em right.
      04-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #29
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r
OEM+ is the only way to keep it classy and mitigate resale loss. In this case, I find returning to the original silver finish would be mandatory. Wheels are the single most prominent feature on a car, altering the color/finish on a wheel scars the originality causing and sort of an imitation effect sets in. Wheels end up looking like an ebay special. Leave the Hyper Silver to Lexus. I expect a photo update when you make 'em right.
You got it. Wheels are at the shop getting refinished as we speak. I will have them remounted by next weekend and will take some updated pics.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #30
Sticky4l
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Harley Davidson

With the tints the roof and the carbon lips the hyper silver looked perfect. Many cars come these days with hyper silver wheels. It really did look like a factory upgrade like you wanted.

Now that you're going back to stock silver it'll look like all you're missing is a set of wheels with the little mods you already have.

Just my opinion. Car looks good either way.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #31
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth
Quote:
I went and looked at your car again and the stock 7 series m sport wheels do look pretty good, I'm just thinking if your gonna lay out some cash for wheels get something that looks better than stock. But you like what you like and I get that, I agree the stock silver is the better color choice. I was just egging you on to do more, no offense man your car looks great.
Thanks. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences which makes modding so unique. I got the 7 series wheels pretty cheap so it made sense for me to grab them. I couldn't even buy a cheap replica set for what I got those for. I have been modding my cars for over 20 years and while I have done aftermarket wheels on some of my other cars, this is the direction that I have chosen for this car.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:39 AM   #32
deepat04
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550/2019 330 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalod View Post
I think you went over the "OEM" look when you put the black on the roof/side mirrors and thus the Hyper silver looks really good.

Im my opinion these are "Grand tourers" and your look is now more sporty. Your look is Fitting for smaller car.
You asked, I'm offering my opinion, and my opinion is not important.

Where Im coming from:
The original M5 was understated and a "sleeper". In europe the reason for debadgeing, and why some sleeper cars were not visually much different was to not be conspicuous. The larger the displacement in the engine the higher the tax as well as consumption of petro, which of course put out more pollution. All adds up that many did not want to broadcast their cars as higher performance variants. This is a different attitude than we have in the U.S. In a class society as ours we like to differentiate ourselves and broadcast our success by our cars as well. I am guilty of this even though Im coming off as pompous. Most car manufactures have removed their "sleeper" status by adding more and more bits to its cars to make them special. Take it ever further, we must even now elevate our Msports to gain even more status? Some of you are very motivated by appearance (I said some, not all) and many car what others think. This keeps some of us in check as not to put too many M rainbows on our cars. Saw a dude the other day driving a very new 7 series with the rainbow on the grill and an M performance badge on the back. I guess going for the ALPINA look would be over his buddy's heads?

Msports are mostly cosmetic other than the stiffer suspension.

Perhaps it sounds like I should have gotten a pre LCI with the sport package instead of Msport and any mods be that that add performance. I tried. Could not find the right car. Its a manual transmission car which is hard enough to find. Im not crazy mine is black either. Prefer boring gray.

OP, do what you like and what makes you feel comfortable. Your car looks awesome!!! Its a form of self expression which is never a terrible thing.
Cant say the F10 has the option, but other BMW models have option for all black glass roofs. IMO the black roof is a nice addition to a white F10 that does not compromise what OP is trying to achieve.

My vote is for the original color. The tint on the wheels takes away from the pop and clean look the original color provide.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #33
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth
Quote:
Thanks. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences which makes modding so unique. I got the 7 series wheels pretty cheap so it made sense for me to grab them. I couldn't even buy a cheap replica set for what I got those for. I have been modding my cars for over 20 years and while I have done aftermarket wheels on some of my other cars, this is the direction that I have chosen for this car.
Is that because aftermarket wheels bend/crack quicker?
      05-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #34
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep

No, I'm just older now and prefer a cleaner look
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #35
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Back to OEM silver! I am happy again. I also got the inner barrels painted gloss black. I will snap some photos of that tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #36
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
Those rims looks so nice. I also like the hyper silver because it looks more sport and aggressive.

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #37
deepat04
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550/2019 330 M Sport

Car looks great!

I too prefer the OEM wheel route vs aftermarket wheels, it's not to fool anyone, but to give the car a cleaner, more polished look. That is not a knock on aftermarket wheels as there are amazing rides here on the forum, it comes down to personal preference.

I am running stock 20" 373M wheels, dropped on HR springs with quad tips on stock exhaust. IMO the car retains its mature look and keeps/enhances its resell appeal.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #38
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
Car looks great!

I too prefer the OEM wheel route vs aftermarket wheels, it's not to fool anyone, but to give the car a cleaner, more polished look. That is not a knock on aftermarket wheels as there are amazing rides here on the forum, it comes down to personal preference.

I am running stock 20" 373M wheels, dropped on HR springs with quad tips on stock exhaust. IMO the car retains its mature look and keeps/enhances its resell appeal.
I also prefer to maintain my car with an OEM style. I love those 343 wheels and I hope in the future get some of those.

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 0