2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Anyone mounted original M5 343M 20" rims on an F10/F11

10-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #45
LeonMsport
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Are these OEM M5 343 or the Avant Garde?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #46
guelphman73
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 528 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMsport
Are these OEM M5 343 or the Avant Garde?
Looks as though they are the OEM M5 Forged Style 343. Photos prove they work with standard suspension and height. Nice and flush with the fenders as well. Can't wait to get my set!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #47
JimmyD
Jimmy D. 2011 F-10 550i Sport, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F-10 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
anybody ever have problems with avantegarde?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #48
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
Their website says they are manufactured to JWL standards, but doesn't say they are actually sent to Japan for actual testing. A computer can only estimate so much. I was part of a group buy on some RAC wheels on m3Post, which are made by a couple BMW enthusiast. The wheels were computer engineered after the forum agreed on the design.
They then made a wheel and sent it for JWL testing and needed to add some metal to make it stronger after testing was done. There's no substitute for testing. Keep in mind, this wheel was made in one of the best wheel foundry's in Japan. I believe it's where VOLK wheels are made.

Just ask the guy who's COR wheel blew up on the track and his car was riding on his AP BBK!!!

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #49
JimmyD
Jimmy D. 2011 F-10 550i Sport, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F-10 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Their website says they are manufactured to JWL standards, but doesn't say they are actually sent to Japan for actual testing. A computer can only estimate so much. I was part of a group buy on some RAC wheels on m3Post, which are made by a couple BMW enthusiast. The wheels were computer engineered after the forum agreed on the design.
They then made a wheel and sent it for JWL testing and needed to add some metal to make it stronger after testing was done. There's no substitute for testing. Keep in mind, this wheel was made in one of the best wheel foundry's in Japan. I believe it's where VOLK wheels are made.

Just ask the guy who's COR wheel blew up on the track and his car was riding on his AP BBK!!!

Thanks for the info, I heard they were made in China, so I am now looking on spending a lot more, looking at MORR's and HRE's now, but they seem to be way out of my budget.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #50
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I have MORR wheels on my wife's 335 and love them, but they're not certified by any process either as far as I know. I hope I'm wrong.

HRE's are TUV certified. BBS and VOLK are some of the best wheels around. The CH-R are not crazy expensive.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #51
ITMenace
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW F10 550i

Car looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics. Is the car lowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinabed View Post
Sorry it's my 2nd time posting. I just know how to attach pictures
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #52
LeonMsport
Private
Rep

Not sure it proves it. I didn't read the specs on the set up i.e., are they 20" what tire size is he running in the rear 285 vs. 275, is the car lowered (it appears to be), etc...

If we can get these details I will feel much better about my purchase...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #53
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
very nice

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #54
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 13 AWSO M5,16 DGMR X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMenace
Car looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics. Is the car lowered?

Quote:
The car is lowered. Tried the kw v3, but there's squeaking sound while turning slow. Then i decided to put back the original suspension and lowered with eibach spring kit.
upgrades: RKP front spoiler, M performance carbon spoiler, 3D design rear carbon diffuser, KW HAS Sleeve Kit, Akrapovic Evolution Carbon tips, ind black LCI front and rear grills, GruppeM RAM intake, 20" HRE P104 satin charcoal with PSS tires)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #55
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous...
Quote:
very nice
Thanks 😃
upgrades: RKP front spoiler, M performance carbon spoiler, 3D design rear carbon diffuser, KW HAS Sleeve Kit, Akrapovic Evolution Carbon tips, ind black LCI front and rear grills, GruppeM RAM intake, 20" HRE P104 satin charcoal with PSS tires)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #56
LeonMsport
Private
Rep

Quote:
The car is lowered. Tried the kw v3, but there's squeaking sound while turning slow. Then i decided to put back the original suspension and lowered with eibach spring kit.
Can you confirm if these are OEM M5, 20 inch, and what tire size you are running in rear (275 or 285)?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #57
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
Yep. After 10 months of vibration, I returned them. I believe the center bores were ever so slightly too large. I measured them at 72.8 mm rather than the OEM spec of 72.56mm.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #58
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Can you elborate a bit more on squeaking of KW V3 ? The coilovers is touching something ?

With the Eibach spring, is it a good ride and better handling than stock spring ?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #59
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMsport
Quote:
Can you confirm if these are OEM M5, 20 inch, and what tire size you are running in rear (275 or 285)?
This is oem bmw m5 wheels.

The size of the wheels are 20x9 et34 front and 20x10 et 34 rear.

The tires are yokohama advan 245/35/20 front and 275/30/20. Totally good without any rubbing.😀
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #60
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
Can you elborate a bit more on squeaking of KW V3 ? The coilovers is touching something ?

With the Eibach spring, is it a good ride and better handling than stock spring ?

Quote:
When you make a u turn, and you make a full left or right turn while driving slow, there's a weird sound (crack crack and squeak sound). Well, It is not that loud though, but obviously you can hear with audio off.

Then, i went back to the workshop. They told me that the mini spring and the big spring on kw v3 is making noise while turning. Both the small and the big spring will also turn slightly when you turn the steering wheel. They recommend to add some hose into the spring, and in fact the noise is gone.

Thus, i still feel uneasy with those solutions, and decided to place back the stock suspension with eibach spring kit.

Body rolls are definitely improved, but the handling on kw v3 is still better. The comfort level is still good as compared to kwv3.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #61
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Much appreciated for your detailed issue with KW V3. From what you described, the workshop is on the right track for the fix as there was another thread that has the same issue with just ACS Springs and the solution was the use of a plastic hose (diy cut to fit the springs).

Quote:
When you make a u turn, and you make a full left or right turn while driving slow, there's a weird sound (crack crack and squeak sound). Well, It is not that loud though, but obviously you can hear with audio off.

Then, i went back to the workshop. They told me that the mini spring and the big spring on kw v3 is making noise while turning. Both the small and the big spring will also turn slightly when you turn the steering wheel. They recommend to add some hose into the spring, and in fact the noise is gone.

Thus, i still feel uneasy with those solutions, and decided to place back the stock suspension with eibach spring kit.

Body rolls are definitely improved, but the handling on kw v3 is still better. The comfort level is still good as compared to kwv3.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #62
ITMenace
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW F10 550i

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Are the pics posted with the eibachs? If not can you please post pics with the eibachs? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #63
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
Much appreciated for your detailed issue with KW V3. From what you described, the workshop is on the right track for the fix as there was another thread that has the same issue with just ACS Springs and the solution was the use of a plastic hose (diy cut to fit the springs).

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. I will do more research on the kw v3 and will install back 😀.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #64
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMenace
Quote:
Thanks for the response. Are the pics posted with the eibachs? If not can you please post pics with the eibachs? Thank you.
The pics are with eibach sport kit. As for kw v3 is adjustable, we can get any height we want. I will try to install back the kw v3. 😀
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #65
LeonMsport
Private
Rep

Thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #66
Pixie
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong