2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum So this little guy survived inside my car...

06-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

So this little guy survived inside my car...

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So a couple of nights ago, a stray kitten darted into the garage. I only noticed after i had closed the door. Tried getting it into a box, tried giving it food / water, nothing. He darted under the car and up by the rear axle. I figured if i left it alone, it'd come down. Left it some cat food, some tuna and water, turned off the lights and went inside.

Next morning, the food and water hadn't been touched. Called Animal Control, some guy shows up and first thing he tells me is; "i can't fit my stomach under that car." The second thing he tells me is; "i've been doing this 20 years, there is no meowing, there is no cat. He would respond to my sounds. (as he meows to what could only be the equivalent to a cat getting run over by a steam roller sound effect) So i hit bmw assist, they send a tow truck, jack up the car, we can't find anything. Everyone is sure the kitten escaped, even though there is nowhere in the garage for the kitten to get out of or into, because the only thing in the garage is the car. =/

I reluctantly drive the car to Firestone, tip the guy a sizeable amount and ask him to look for a kitten. Nothing. Come back home and repark the car. I keep peeking into the garage because i know there is nowhere that kitten could have gone. In the evening, i decide to sit in the garage for a bit in the dark and finally, i hear the sound of claws on metal. I call some buddies over and we go over the car with a fine tooth comb when we see the little furball. Long story short, get him out and he's smaller than i thought.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

So now i need your help. I posted it up on reddit, link is below. Some upvotes would be nice and spreading of the word to find this little guy a good home. I travel too much for work and i'm never home. But he has exceptional taste in cars and he survived the drive, considering he's used at least 8 of the 9 lives he has, i think he deserves a good home (somewhere in the San Francisco area) ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments...cheated_death/
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

"Cat of the year" award!!
Awesome story, glad the fur ball is alive!

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

That is insanely cute and thanks for being a good person and saving the little guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Love a story with a nice ending, that was a very nice thing you did for the cat. I hope you find him a good home.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
tdang81
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 F10 550i M Sport

That's a great story, and I'm very glad the kitten survived the ride! Kudos to you good Sir for taking all those steps to help the poor little bugger
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Lee
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 50i/'01 Z3

Wish I could trade circumstances. I have an unwelcome cat that likes to perch itself on the roof of my 550 and my Z3. Tried a couple passive, non-harmful means without any luck. May have to escalate.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Wish I could trade circumstances. I have an unwelcome cat that likes to perch itself on the roof of my 550 and my Z3. Tried a couple passive, non-harmful means without any luck. May have to escalate.
I don't think you've tried crawling under your car for hours with led flashlights sticking your hand in places not designed to fit anything larger than a 5 year olds hands. I would've gladly taken the roof of my car over the internals any day of the week. Just saying...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
So a couple of nights ago, a stray kitten darted into the garage. I only noticed after i had closed the door. Tried getting it into a box, tried giving it food / water, nothing. He darted under the car and up by the rear axle. I figured if i left it alone, it'd come down. Left it some cat food, some tuna and water, turned off the lights and went inside.

Next morning, the food and water hadn't been touched. Called Animal Control, some guy shows up and first thing he tells me is; "i can't fit my stomach under that car." The second thing he tells me is; "i've been doing this 20 years, there is no meowing, there is no cat. He would respond to my sounds. (as he meows to what could only be the equivalent to a cat getting run over by a steam roller sound effect) So i hit bmw assist, they send a tow truck, jack up the car, we can't find anything. Everyone is sure the kitten escaped, even though there is nowhere in the garage for the kitten to get out of or into, because the only thing in the garage is the car. =/

I reluctantly drive the car to Firestone, tip the guy a sizeable amount and ask him to look for a kitten. Nothing. Come back home and repark the car. I keep peeking into the garage because i know there is nowhere that kitten could have gone. In the evening, i decide to sit in the garage for a bit in the dark and finally, i hear the sound of claws on metal. I call some buddies over and we go over the car with a fine tooth comb when we see the little furball. Long story short, get him out and he's smaller than i thought.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

So now i need your help. I posted it up on reddit, link is below. Some upvotes would be nice and spreading of the word to find this little guy a good home. I travel too much for work and i'm never home. But he has exceptional taste in cars and he survived the drive, considering he's used at least 8 of the 9 lives he has, i think he deserves a good home (somewhere in the San Francisco area) ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments...cheated_death/

Moral of the story:

Cute pussy always knows a good car. Always.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Great story and adorable kitten

Love your determination, I bet some people would just shrug it off after a while, but you stuck to it, and you helped save that little kitty's life

Hope he finds a good home. I would adopt him lol, but I already have enough pets to deal with
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
Luigi524TD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e MSport

Great story ... proves that some guys will go the distance for a little pussy (couldn't resist that!!)).
2013 X1 3.5 MSport
1998 Z3 2.8
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
shihwei
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

Wish this kitten finds a good home. I'd take him if I was still in the Bay Area
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #12
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
Wow, that cat is so lucky to be Alive. Must be a big BMW Fan
      06-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #13
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

I showed my Girlfriend this thread and she's already in love with the little guy and begging to get him/her. We already have TWO cats though, so unfortunately it wouldn't work.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #14
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
I showed my Girlfriend this thread and she's already in love with the little guy and begging to get him/her. We already have TWO cats though, so unfortunately it wouldn't work.
1. You should make your girlfriend happy, lol.
2. Your other cats can teach him the ways.
3. I'm covering all costs of the vet, shots vaccinations and everything else they require. They're keeping him for a little while longer for observations because he was so tiny, so young and dehydrated from not eating / drinking.

Just throwing that out there...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #15
2k15f30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

Very cool. Ill keep an eye out in Vegas for a home. Seems a cat like that might be good luck in a town like this.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #16
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Purrfect story!
You should name the little thing "Beemer"!

Last edited by AP; 06-05-2013 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: missed out word
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #17
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Purrfect story!
You should name the little thing "Beemer"!
+1
      06-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
Zaman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW (F10) 528i Xdrive

Garage List
Nice story! I am still wondering how did he survive the ride?

2012 528i XDrive Alpine white
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #19
shoei
Banned
Rep

we can't figure out how he survived... i'm telling you, he used at least 8 of his 9 lives... might be some gap above the fuel tank, only think i can think of, because there were some downhill / uphill driving and lots of turns...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #20
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
we can't figure out how he survived... i'm telling you, he used at least 8 of his 9 lives... might be some gap above the fuel tank, only think i can think of, because there were some downhill / uphill driving and lots of turns...
Not to sound morbid but you're lucky he did survive for a number of reasons, one being; the possibility of a rotting corpse in an unreachable crevice.
Appreciate 0