2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Beautiful day for a wash, clay and wax!

05-20-2016, 10:38 PM   #23
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbmw94 View Post
Damn, looks good... What wheels are those?
Thanks! they are Alpha Forge Wheels but now bought out from Advant Garde which they now call AGL21.

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2016, 10:48 PM   #24
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabypr View Post
In the last 2 weeks I bought those chemical guys products for black cars. I havent use then yet but I hope that tomorrow we have a noce sunny day.

At first I was deciding between Mcguiars and Chemical Guys but I decided to try Chemical Guys products. I have heard a lot of good reviews on both brands.[/QUOTE]

Ive always used Meguiar's just because it was convenient to stop by the local AutoParts store if I needed to wax and Polish my car. Love all of their products. But since being on this forum fellow members will chime in with their recommendations as well as site sponsors and I see there's more products out there! I spent a couple hours this morning watching YouTube videos from ChemicalGuys. Curious, seems like the BlackLight is used to cover-up scratches and swirls according to one of their videos followed by applying BetterButter Wax and than finishing off with the high gloss sealant. Not sure if I saw that right? I'll have to go back and watch it again. The video with the black Escalade was pretty sweet when they used the Black Kit!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 09:35 AM   #25
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

At first I was deciding between Mcguiars and Chemical Guys but I decided to try Chemical Guys products. I have heard a lot of good reviews on both brands.

Ive always used Meguiar's just because it was convenient to stop by the local AutoParts store if I needed to wax and Polish my car. Love all of their products. But since being on this forum fellow members will chime in with their recommendations as well as site sponsors and I see there's more products out there! I spent a couple hours this morning watching YouTube videos from ChemicalGuys. Curious, seems like the BlackLight is used to cover-up scratches and swirls according to one of their videos followed by applying BetterButter Wax and than finishing off with the high gloss sealant. Not sure if I saw that right? I'll have to go back and watch it again. The video with the black Escalade was pretty sweet when they used the Black Kit!
Black Light does help a little bit to cover up scratches since I think it acts like a glaze. Follow up with wax or a sealant, no reason to do both. Usually a wax gives a deeper rich looking finish while a sealant provides longer protection.

Either way you can't go wrong, I've used Chemical Guys products with good success not to mention you get the satisfaction of making the car look great yourself.
Appreciate 1