2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media h

03-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #23
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Irresponsible IMHO. While this came off without a hitch, how would you have felt if your son had smashed the car head on into one of those posts? It takes only one mistake.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw those light posts...could have been an ultimate fail video.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
mikey0120
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F10 535Xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT View Post
Irresponsible IMHO. While this came off without a hitch, how would you have felt if your son had smashed the car head on into one of those posts? It takes only one mistake.
Ditto
Retired: 2001 E46 330i
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #25
black650xi
Banned
Rep
Drives: sapphire black 650xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0120 View Post
Ditto
He seemed smart enough not to do any "fail" moves, I think its pretty cool that he has so much control.....age is just a number fellas, there are plenty of "moronic" mature drivers on the streets...some old ..some young and some women...so lets just be mature here...the kid is cool and you gotta admit it ....I bet some of you guys couldnt even do a similar donut even if you tried so leave him alone
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #26
Sjoerd
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: MY18 G11 750i, MY13 911S x51m7

Order a Drexler LSD then you really can make donuts and drifts!
      03-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by black650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0120 View Post
Ditto
He seemed smart enough not to do any "fail" moves, I think its pretty cool that he has so much control.....age is just a number fellas, there are plenty of "moronic" mature drivers on the streets...some old ..some young and some women...so lets just be mature here...the kid is cool and you gotta admit it ....I bet some of you guys couldnt even do a similar donut even if you tried so leave him alone
Lol thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
Order a Drexler LSD then you really can make donuts and drifts!
I would but right after getting DINAN and a professional Muffler Delete I don't think my wife would be up for another $2K upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #29
DrEcks5
Banned
Rep
Drives: '12 X5

Reported to the Borough of East Rutherford police department due to child endangerment and trespassing at the stadium.

Good luck OP! Welcome to the Internet!

Last edited by DrEcks5; 03-07-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #30
black650xi
Banned
Rep
Drives: sapphire black 650xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5 View Post
Reported to the Borough of East Rutherford police department due to child endangerment and trespassing at the stadium.

Wow! talk about being in other people's business
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #31
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:

THIS was what I was afraid of... the same thing happened to that girl driving an A6 in Russia a couple of weeks ago.

I do however agree that age is but a # and people mature differently. Case in point that idiot wrecking the 458 spider video in France.

That being said, I don't think the law would take this lightly by any means, and the OP will not win this one in court.

Just one piece of advice to the OP; I get that you are a proud parent, but to flaunt a video posted of this act on the net is irresponsible IMHO. I hope the law does not track you down because there is no way you could ever be able to explain your way out of this one.

And just FYI --- I am Indian too and I would NEVER let my kids near a car until they were 16 no matter how good a driver they might be
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5

Hahahahaha!!!!

And to the local authorities: "Get'em boys! Give it to'em good!" LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #33
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
THIS was what I was afraid of... the same thing happened to that girl driving an A6 in Russia a couple of weeks ago.

I do however agree that age is but a # and people mature differently. Case in point that idiot wrecking the 458 spider video in France.

That being said, I don't think the law would take this lightly by any means, and the OP will not win this one in court.

Just one piece of advice to the OP; I get that you are a proud parent, but to flaunt a video posted of this act on the net is irresponsible IMHO. I hope the law does not track you down because there is no way you could ever be able to explain your way out of this one.

And just FYI --- I am Indian too and I would NEVER let my kids near a car until they were 16 no matter how good a driver they might be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Wolfe View Post
Hahahahaha!!!!

And to the local authorities: "Get'em boys! Give it to'em good!" LOL
Quote:

I'm getting kinda annoyed with these comments now. Too much hate, and I'm not really enjoying it. Thank you to the people who enjoyed the video. I created in thread thinking that you guys would find it cool and interesting, but instead got a little hate.

I get how some of you can be upset that a 14 year-old is driving... But then again... If he learns now, he is less likely to have accidents since he will have more control. And if you didn't know, some states allow driving at 14, and if he can handle a car just as good as one of you, why can't he a have a little fun here and there? It's not like he is going and cruising at 110 on the highway, just a short 1 min of donuts and acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #34
RajG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKN0WN View Post
I'm getting kinda annoyed with these comments now. Too much hate, and I'm not really enjoying it. Thank you to the people who enjoyed the video. I created in thread thinking that you guys would find it cool and interesting, but instead got a little hate.

I get how some of you can be upset that a 14 year-old is driving... But then again... If he learns now, he is less likely to have accidents since he will have more control. And if you didn't know, some states allow driving at 14, and if he can handle a car just as good as one of you, why can't he a have a little fun here and there? It's not like he is going and cruising at 110 on the highway, just a short 1 min of donuts and acceleration.
It was a neat video and I appreciate you sharing it. I wouldn't pay much attention to the haters. You are always going to get differing opinions on anything you post on the net. It's what you open yourself up to when you share something publicly.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #35
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
I liked the video and don't see the need to report it. You'll always get negative comments cause your son is 14 years old.
      03-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #36
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
I liked the video and don't see the need to report it. You'll always get negative comments cause your son is 14 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajG View Post
It was a neat video and I appreciate you sharing it. I wouldn't pay much attention to the haters. You are always going to get differing opinions on anything you post on the net. It's what you open yourself up to when you share something publicly.
Thanks guys. And Raj, are you coming to the event on March 22? Check it out on Bimmerfest and here under CT/NJ/NY Meet
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #37
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I like to see your son doing wheelies on a motor bike. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #38
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

It's really cool that you trust your son with your car. I can tell this isn't the first time you let him go at it, he seems like he knows what he's doing (I guess). Just be careful, lots of bored conservative people on the web who might make a big deal of this.

Get his M3, an instructor, and do this right at the track. He might have a calling here...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
It's really cool that you trust your son with your car. I can tell this isn't the first time you let him go at it, he seems like he knows what he's doing (I guess). Just be careful, lots of bored conservative people on the web who might make a big deal of this.

Get his M3, an instructor, and do this right at the track. He might have a calling here...
Thanks. Also, is it possible for minors to learn driving on a track at 14-15?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #40
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
Well.... I am sure you will find a way. After all, you have no trouble violating laws according to the videos.

I don't think anyone is questioning your son's skills or potential. But for some, to see a parent gloating his 14-yrs old kid showing off his skills at a public car park is quite offensive. Get him some real training at a safe and controlled PRIVATE environment where safety measures and proper instructors are present, we will cheer with you on his skills and probably future accomplishments.

But for a parent to teach a minor that performing stunts in a public environment is ok, without regard to safety to the minor or other public in case of accident is a little hard to swallow....... And I hope that the minor doesn't think it is ok to break the law if nobody is around.......

Last edited by mlai; 03-10-2013 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
Most kids under 16 can do Kart racing, that's where they learn. The few better F1 and Nascar racers out there started with kart racing at very young age.

You son can't enter a track w/o a valid driver's license, unless he's driving with an instructor. Once he's 16, you can help him get his SCCA license. There are competitions all over the nation. Instead of an E46 M3 track car, look into an older model BMW or ideally Mazda MX5 (Miata) that you don't mind having minor scrapes and dents racing. Most SCCA cone-parking lot courses are dominated by those little MX5s.

Some mods to consider for track:
1. Fully adjustable suspension.
2. Slick tires.
3. Drilled brakes with after market pads + racing brake fluid

Don't add more power, he needs to learn to control a stock powered car first. He can then graduate to the M3 track/street car. There are many M3 track meets, just look up BMW Clubs around you. You should keep the M3 stock to compete in stock class. Once you make a single engine mod, you're in a whole new category. Good luck!

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44471
Appreciate 0