2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications F10 520D Spider Tuning Box

02-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #1
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Thumbs down F10 520D Spider Tuning Box

I installed a Spider Tuning Box today on my F10 520D.

The instructions were good except for specifics of how to access the fuel rail. The photos indicate you simply remove the top cover, lift a flap and there it is, but it's not the case. After removing the top cover you need to remove the air filter, air induction system, the flap and then you'll find the connector you need hidden under another rubber section.

A few more photos would've made this job much easier. As it happens I would've needed a mechanics help except I found instructions written by another frustrated customer on this forum (Link http://f10.5post.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=12

I've since done 100 k's with the system and it feels as though there is a little extra pull there, however nothing like the claims stated when purchasing the unit. I'm yet to decide if I'll keep it. Seems like very little bang for buck at this point.

Sword.
Appreciate 0