2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes CKS AWD coils

11-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
FedM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F86, F13

CKS AWD coils

I just talked to John from cks suspension, and he told me that after cross referencing part numbers, there is no difference between mounting points on RWD and AWD shocks on regular f10

He asked for some shocks pics. He needs picture of the front and the back suspension, top part, side view and the lower part of the suspension

I have no chance to make it, it would be great if some of you guys on xdrive susp. do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

KW said the front (Xdrive) suspension geometry is different from the RWD version. They were doing testing (started back in 2011) on the V3 for about 1 year and then stopped completely due to lack of demand out there in around Spring 2012.

If CKS is saying the front is totally the same, then KW would have made their V3 applicable to both AWD & RWD for the same product model #.

Just be careful, anyone can make the coilovers to fit, it comes down to how much alterations needed to make it fit and possible steering & suspension issue if things go wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
FedM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

What do they mean by suspension geometry?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

well, I doon't know the exact detail specification difference, but that's the anwer I got from KW Germany last year. If you call KW USA, these people in the technical support are clueless as they refer all my questions back to KW Germany. Therefore, you will have to go direct to H.O.

If you like, you can contact KW yourself to get more detail & explanation. I know when KW terminated their V3 for Xdrive, one of the online vendor told me CKS was interested in doing a pilot project of coilovers for the Xdrive but they have nothing to go on except possibly trial & error type of experiement.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
FedM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

k thanks
i will try to make some pics and send to CKS
Appreciate 0