2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Nav animation start up

07-14-2015, 10:44 PM   #1
macastel
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Nav animation start up

Guys:

When starting my vehicle sometimes I get the Bmw logo animation, some times I get a green city logo that says loading nav and some other times it goes straight to the main menu.

Has anybody been able to figure out what animation shows when? Seems random.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #2
MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
I think it depends on how you unlock your car...key fob or driver's door handle. Can you try each and see if thee is any consistency?
      07-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by macastel View Post
Guys:

When starting my vehicle sometimes I get the Bmw logo animation, some times I get a green city logo that says loading nav and some other times it goes straight to the main menu.

I could be wrong but I suspect it just remembers the last screen you had active when you turned off the car. If you have anything other than Nav you see the 'ConnectedDrive' animation and if you were using Nav you get the green city animation. There might also be a slightly longer delay with reloading the Nav screen as it has to initialises the maps and confirm it can get a signal etc.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
macastel
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

I tried different ways as BWPos sugested. At fhe I think it depends how long you take from the time you unlock the car to the time you start it. If you tuen on the car and try to go to the Nav but the nav has not loaded yet then the system shows the green city. Similarly if you go to other screen on iDrive and it is not ready then it shows you the BMW animation. So yes it also depends what screen you were at when you turn off the car.

If you take longer to turn on the car from the time you unlock it then the iDrive (or Nav) might load in the background and so when the screen turns in wont show any of the 2 animations.

That is my theory and I am sticking to it!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #5
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

Quote:
I tried different ways as BWPos sugested. At fhe I think it depends how long you take from the time you unlock the car to the time you start it. If you tuen on the car and try to go to the Nav but the nav has not loaded yet then the system shows the green city. Similarly if you go to other screen on iDrive and it is not ready then it shows you the BMW animation. So yes it also depends what screen you were at when you turn off the car.

If you take longer to turn on the car from the time you unlock it then the iDrive (or Nav) might load in the background and so when the screen turns in wont show any of the 2 animations.

That is my theory and I am sticking to it!
I think you're right about that

It only seems to show those animations when you turn on the car immediately after unlocking and getting in ... if you delay 10-20 seconds after unlocking the car it seems it then has enough time to initialise everything in iDrive before the screen lights up so doesn't need to show an animation
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2021, 01:03 PM   #6
Lasnite
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
I know this is an old post, but…

I was wondering did you code anything on your BMW in order to receive the animation screen instead of the standard BMW opening screen on the 2011 F10? I was trying to change my animation screen using BimmerCode, but I do not see an option. I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance….
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 07:43 PM   #7
musclesmarinara75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 N55 535i XDrive

Garage List
2013 535 XDrive  [9.75]
Quote:
Guys:

I noticed the same thing.. but I coded my car to have a Christmas theme lately and it snows an the screen at start up..haven't done anything else since.. but I think it is the way u leave your car.. locked/unlocked.. what was up on your last screen before u shut down etc.
      11-03-2021, 02:21 PM   #8
Monocero
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW 528ix

How can I have a google map on a oryinal nvi?
Appreciate 0