2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Tires for the F10?

11-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Tires for the F10?

Guys, everyone that is swapping out wheels/tires, I assume you are only putting on XL, Load Rating but making sure. I put Hankook with XL load rating on our F30 but dont recall if it was required. On our F10, just checking before I go down that path.

Back in 2006 bought my wife a new Boxster and had upgraded wheels/tires. The tire shop didnt order XL and the car drove really sloppy, almost like the sidewall was melting. Of course took those off immediately, installed XL and was back to normal. Just curious our F10s require that as well?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Nitrous Garage
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i / E92 328i / E60 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel View Post
Guys, everyone that is swapping out wheels/tires, I assume you are only putting on XL, Load Rating but making sure. I put Hankook with XL load rating on our F30 but dont recall if it was required. On our F10, just checking before I go down that path.

Back in 2006 bought my wife a new Boxster and had upgraded wheels/tires. The tire shop didnt order XL and the car drove really sloppy, almost like the sidewall was melting. Of course took those off immediately, installed XL and was back to normal. Just curious our F10s require that as well?

Thanks
Yeah I would suggest XL load ratings. It is a rather heavy car.

What tires are you looking at getting?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Thanks so much Eric, I suspected that was the right direction. Have seen some ebay packages where the tires arent XL and while I am sure anything would work, its just not ideal for the car and handling.

Tires, no sure yet. Likely Hankook, have had several sets of those and always been very happy with them. Thanks again
Appreciate 0